• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

The UNLUCKY SQUIRREL made by scott Zalkind owner of LDHS

Scott, finally got mine today!!

Very nice roasted taste, can really tell the peppers and garlic have been well roasted. The Jonah taste is defiantly there but not right in your face. I ate 2 tablespoons straight off the spoon when I first opened it up. I slathered a beer can chicken with it, I can't stop tearing off little pieces of skin as its cooking.

As for the heat, I'd say 6-7/10 and I kinda like that heat level for a sauce. If I wanted to burn the F out of my insides and pay for it the next morning I'd just eat a fresh super hot.

I'll be ordering from you again sir, if you can handle the customs hoopla. :P

Yes I am also sad as my bottle is nearly gone. I grilled some chicken legs the other day and sauced em with the Unlucky Squirrel and ooooo sooooo fantastic. It would make the best wing sauce on the planet (no joke)!

I'll be getting one, according to Scott, yes. Probably the new batch.

You didn't get it yet? I think I sent it last Friday. It's 2-3 days.

ruh roh

USPS may have done us wrong.
:(

Keep me posted - I have one for you if you don't get it within a few days.

WHAT?

Get him on the phone!

Another batch whatwhat?

no new batch. Not yet...patience....patience.
:D

I'll be getting one, according to Scott, yes. Probably the new batch.

Same batch - I had about a dozen bottles in my personal stash. I gave away more than 1/2 of what I made though - it's now painful to me to give it away. I need to keep a couple bottles as referential samples so I can check the USMk2 (unlucky squirrel mark II) so note the improvements/changes/deficiencies.

But I will take care of JHR because I enjoy his contributions to the world of hot sauce. :cheers:

Dat Squirrel juice sho is some tasty stuff!!! First bottle is nearly gone here at Red Hawk headquarters.

I can say the same for both the Strawberry Scorpion & the XXX GFD - both are ridiculously tasty!

Glad you're diggin the squirrel!
:dance:

your pain is my encouragement to keep honing this recipe.

Creating addicts, one bottle at a time. That would be my new company slogan if crack dealers hadn't trademarked it already. :woohoo:
So i got some chocolate habs in the mail today, i'm making mine own hot sauce from being inspired from yours! I'm roasting the garlic on the stove, the habs i roasted over flame on the stove, i'm roasting some tomatillos i just got at my local farmers market, the carrots are chopped, and the sweet onions are chopped, all local ingredients. Post about it soon. Thanks again Scott!

dammit - y'all kids better quit roasting peppers or you're gonna put me outta business before I can even get going! Iffin y'all keep fiddle faddling with sauce on your ownselves, you won't need me anymore!

:rofl:

dammit - y'all kids better quit roasting peppers or you're gonna put me outta business before I can even get going! Iffin y'all keep fiddle faddling with sauce on your ownselves, you won't need me anymore!

:rofl:
Oh no, you are much needed and appreciate for your sauces. I went to the Fiery foods show in March, and your sauce is better than everything i tasted there! going back again in March!

Should i put apple cider or white vinegar?

i went with apple.

Oh no, you are much needed and appreciate for your sauces. I went to the Fiery foods show in March, and your sauce is better than everything i tasted there!

Now that is high praise indeed. Thank you, sir!
:cheers:

I may have to look into the FFS this march. Trying to get into the Winter Foods Show in January.

you have a stash... ?? holding out on us??? wth!!??? i have a video when i tasted your sauces... its not as detailed as JHR... just me spooning your hot sauce. i mean.. wait.. me taking spoonfuls of hot sauce and saying how good it was.. haha i dont know .. maybe ill post it... we'll be back there for christmas... all of your bottles. are gone. that i bought from you... im doing marketing for ya.. hard for me to tell them to buy your sauces without them tasting it....=D frocker.. told you to hook me up with a case and ill market it here in socal

Back