• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2016 Grow

Well, I finally decided to start a Glog.  I have quite a few plants that ore OW from last year, and some new ones that I started this January.  Here is the list, lots of pics to follow, I'm still in the process of planting out.  Most everything is going into root pouches, and pots, but I do have 9 total rocoto plants in the ground as well.

Aji Amarillo
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Limo
Aji Pineapple
Aji Pacay
Aji Omnicolor
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Fantasy Yellow
Peruvian Red Rocoto
Giant Peruvian Red Rocoto (Miraflores Market)
Rocoto Cusco
Mini Rocoto
Brown Rocoto
Orange Rocoto
Rocoto Peron
Rocoto Montufar
Red Manzano
Yellow Manzano
Aji Oro (Rocoto)
Aji Largo (Rocoto)
Rocoto Arequipeno
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Guatemalan Orange Rocoto
Ecuadorian Red Rocoto
Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto
Peru Bitdumi
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate Brainstrain
Pipi De Mono
Aribibi Gusano
Peach Bhut Jolokia
Carolina Reaper
Peach Scorpion
Peach Ghost Scorpion
White Fatalli
Bolsa De Dulce
Tepin x Lemon Drop
PDN x Bhut (Ripens Cream)
Coyote Zan White
Red Primo

Well, it's November 2nd, and we still haven't had a frost. I picked these ajis when I got home from work. It was 75 degrees today, and will be 80 tomorrow. IDK what is up with this great weather,but my plants are loving it. Aji amarillo, aji pacay, aji limo, and aji dulce in this pic. There are still easily 100+ rocoto pods that are approaching either fully ripe, or are starting to ripen. The 10 day forecast shows no sign of frost, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get one more big Pubescens harvest before winter.

az1000 said:
Nice harvest! You had a great success this year!
Thanks man!
Trident chilli said:
Great to see so many pods safely stored away in your freezer
They will keep my dishes spicy for the cold months ahead.
Maligator said:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person to freeze entire bags of pods. After taking nearly 7 hours to chop and process pods into freezer vacuum sealed bags, I got tired of it and just started throwing them into freezer bags and calling it a day!!!! But I've got peppers for the entire winter now :D
Sometimes you gotta freeze them! The thicker skinned peppers do best when rethawed. That's why I save so many rocoto and aji amarillo in the freezer.
Devv said:
Nothing wrong with freezing sacks of peppers when you're busy ;)  They still dry and cook just fine.
Yep! I have a gallon bag full of superhots in there too, which I intend to ferment once I get some time.

I cut down all my pepper plants today, since we will be hit with a hard freeze this Saturday. I picked off a good 100+ rocoto that were between ripe, almost ripe, and green. These rocoto will be fermented or smoked. I haven't decided quite yet.

Ripe and ripening aji limo.

Aji dulce, which taste great green or red.

Ripe aji amarillo, and aji amarillo that will get ripe completely in a week.

Your all-rocoto ferment looks great.  Should be a real flavor bomb.
Hard to beat the pubescens for flavor, and sometimes even a little heat!

Here's to a great Thanksgiving for you and your family!

Back