• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

This is going to be my new baby (gun)

Nice one.
Seems though, when I left WA. some moons ago, there was an "equal force" law in effect.

Meaning-----for personal defence---- if someone attacks you with a bat or knife, it's murder if you shoot them.

I think the best thing to do is ask the opinion of a gunsmith. Back when that's what I did for a living(mid-late 70's eighties) S&W became junk. Whether they tightened their act up to compete with the more recent Walther, Glock, Sigs,Taurus, Berettas, I don't know.I would hope so.

S&W makes a decent weapon now, in the past their semi autos were too heavy and had reliability issues. That is not the case now.

With that being said, I still carry a Glock.

We had a shop owner got robbed a while back, the bad guy was running away with some Rolexes. Shop owner pops the guy 4 times, in the back......DA rules "good shoot no charges"

Bad guy dies........ends his criminal career.

Very nice. I <3 .45s

Thanks me too! :)

S&W makes a decent weapon now, in the past their semi autos were too heavy and had reliability issues. That is not the case now.

With that being said, I still carry a Glock.

Glocks are a great gun too. I just decided they were to bulky to carry and the S&W fit my hands better

I think the best thing to do is ask the opinion of a gunsmith. Back when that's what I did for a living(mid-late 70's eighties) S&W became junk. Whether they tightened their act up to compete with the more recent Walther, Glock, Sigs,Taurus, Berettas, I don't know.I would hope so.
I shot it before I bought it and I thought it was perfect, I didnt even want to try any other gun

get a flame thrower :flamethrower:

Ya, that would be cool too. I will ask the criminal breaking into my house (if he wants it fried or extra crispy)??? :rofl: :flamethrower:

My first was this one: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dreyse_M1907

Picked it up (working, with ammo) for 100$.

My hands are a bit too large for it so if I were to be sloppy holding it (and I haven't been) I'd have track marks on the top of my shooting hand.

From what I understand, FL gun laws are pretty similar to what Armac was saying. Since I live on campus in NC now, I left my stuff with my parents in FL.

It was a trophy gun brought back from ww2 by a soldier. Even though it was not made for a man my size, I bought it because of its history. In fact when I go home this thanksgiving, I might take it out and shoot it. Ammo is hard to find for it though.

and my first gun sadly :( Better late then never! I'm not stopping at this either! haha.
Give me your opinions and tell me what you think!

Congrats on your first!
They're just like tattoos, everyone says they'll only get one... but I see you already understand..
S&W has some good stuff. I have an old S&W99.
I find the M&P series triggers a bit sloppy.
Great if your an "operator" wearing tac gloves... but for normal use it's something to get used to.
I'm a fan and owner of Springfield Armory and Sig Sauers.
My only reccomendation is shoot often and shoot a lot.
Take a class or two. It's the responsibility of the armed citizen to be properly trained.
Most of all enjoy!
Look forward to hearing about your future purchases.

Congrats on your first!
They're just like tattoos, everyone says they'll only get one... but I see you already understand..
S&amp;W has some good stuff. I have an old S&amp;W99.
I find the M&amp;P series triggers a bit sloppy.
Great if your an "operator" wearing tac gloves... but for normal use it's something to get used to.
I'm a fan and owner of Springfield Armory and Sig Sauers.
My only reccomendation is shoot often and shoot a lot.
Take a class or two. It's the responsibility of the armed citizen to be properly trained.
Most of all enjoy!
Look forward to hearing about your future purchases.

Thanks friend! Ya, Ive heard of the trigger complaints, the trigger didnt really seem to bother me. However, only a 10 round clip does a little. Sigs are nice but a little spendy. I will keep everybody informed of how things are going and my new purchases. Glad to hear you are into firearms as well! Sounds like you have some nice ones!

I prefer 1911s when I was a .45. That said I have a pair of M&P compacts in my arsenal, a .357 sig and a .40 for the wifey. The sig round is just retarded, muzzle lift was too much for me I put a DPS recoil suppression setup in it so its much more manageable. I still fall back on my Kimber ultra carry as my staple but my next gun is going to be a kimber solo - that thing is beautiful.

1911 is my favorite .45 acp

They're just so damn expensive.

I'm looking at the sig 220, but they're more common in 9mm

My S&W is a revolver (model 19 .357) but I've shot their semiautos...the quality has improved from what I've heard & the price is pretty reasonable.

Kimbers are great guns - every one I've shot I've enjoyed. They have great balance and handle like a dream.

Ya got good taste there Blue.
:cheers:

LDHS - a good 1911 on a "budget" is Rock Island Armory guns. They are made with the same tools and machines from a top 1911 manufacturer just "rented" by another company to make their own stuff. My dad has 2 of them and we both really like them

That's a Philippines company right?

I think there's 3 companies over there making 1911s

I really want the Colt though.
:(

Still - nice to get that feedback as I've been wondering about them - saw a few on forthehunt.com

Nice to get a 1st hand account. :cheers:

I drool over this:

Para-Hawg-1911-45ACP-2.jpg

BUT I can't afford it so I'll get this instead

W7422_SI_KimberSolo_0744.jpg

Here's my current setup:

IMG-20120922-00195.jpg

Back