• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

THSC and Haggis get a mention in a plug for Jindivick!

nice,
I wonder if Neil will make the journey to the HSFFF this year they would love him in chilli eating contest.

mmmmmmmmmm.....I really wish I could get to the HSFFF this year...:(

I had a great time last year and I recommend it to any Aussie that can get there....

bentalphanerd said:
&*@#-ing Haggis :lol:

last I heard no-one was going lol - did you get the email offering power for campers @ $50 :lol:

$50 doesnt include the space to plant your tent...thats just putting a light on sometime Saturday night....camping is extra.

oops... there is dubiety between myself & "Haggis" ...

...& I just quoted myself...so next post by definition will be in

f@#$ it im drinking ;)

:cheers:

i can't go, didn't get all the paperwork that had to fill out,, was told was sent in email, Nope

funny thing is get invited to go, but then theres all this and that got to do forms to fill in and wheres this made, and cost, then got to get there, not on Sat when is, Thursday be nice, help set up and party whoo hoo, sit there and watch people get pissed as not drink then do again Friday so that Sat morn can set up and then listen to Hungover people moan bout how they have to stand there all day as not feel well.

naaaaa ill pass, im too busy to even be typing this as got 75 packs of morich's and Bihs to do by the weekend for just 1 order..

go the Papers though YAY hopefully be in a sydney 1 as they don't sell or get other states 1's here, asked today bugger

Way to go guys, thats pretty cool........... Neil, let me know if the papers need any pics of you in your special pepper suit.

When I went and did the festival last year the council ran me through the ringer, real nightmare regarding transfering my QLD business license to Victorian one.
And just this week I had to sit a Food Haccep handling and safty test, as the prevous courses I had done were out of date, apparently?
$260 dollars down the drain later and I can asure you bueracratic over licensing in Australias food industries is sucking the fun out of the gig.
To date this year I have paid almost 1000 dollars just in business name registration food business licence haccep compliment. Plus I will be subjected to on the spot chechs on my program whuich I must fill out daily etc etc ..just having a whinge lol

One thing for certain Australia has the safest implemented food industry standards in the world, wether thats good for food businesses or not is another thing lol/

Its gonna make it hard for the new people coming up and out in thses niche industries but.
My advice to everyone out there making saucfe at home and selling it, do it properly, get your licensing and correct kitchen facilities set up get your liability insurance sorted.
the fines and possible law suits far out way the costs...

my two cents sorry for the whinge.

Mick

stillmanz said:
When I went and did the festival last year the council ran me through the ringer, real nightmare regarding transfering my QLD business license to Victorian one.
And just this week I had to sit a Food Haccep handling and safty test, as the prevous courses I had done were out of date, apparently?
$260 dollars down the drain later and I can asure you bueracratic over licensing in Australias food industries is sucking the fun out of the gig.
To date this year I have paid almost 1000 dollars just in business name registration food business licence haccep compliment. Plus I will be subjected to on the spot chechs on my program whuich I must fill out daily etc etc ..just having a whinge lol

One thing for certain Australia has the safest implemented food industry standards in the world, wether thats good for food businesses or not is another thing lol/

Its gonna make it hard for the new people coming up and out in thses niche industries but.
My advice to everyone out there making saucfe at home and selling it, do it properly, get your licensing and correct kitchen facilities set up get your liability insurance sorted.
the fines and possible law suits far out way the costs...

my two cents sorry for the whinge.

Mick

You're not wrong Mick, I'm going to a Food Safety Program in about a month run by the local council. Then I've got to get onto the Food Safety Supervisor course.

Back