• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Timmmy's 3rd year

Well I hope theres no bugs :)

Thx's Jas I hope your xmas was one to remember

Between the kids chucking everywhere with a stomach bug and my GF loosing her web based businesses due to a downed hosting site my xmas was one to remember for all the wrong reasons doh

But I have some pods if that counts for anything lol

xmas2010afterf001.jpg

Okay so this is very cool

wtfdorsetscorp004.jpg

So heres the crazy bit, this is a dorset pod!!!!!
Now the interesting bit is that its a pod on a three+ year old dorset Naga. I got the Dorset off hippy over three years ago and back then he didn't have any Scorp's growing.

So whats going on :) A genetic mutation of some form thats always been waiting to come out?

What's happened?

What happens if I keep the seeds yaaaaaaaaay weird one

Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

CHoc Bhut

jan2011startgrowth006.jpg

jan2011startgrowth002.jpg

Its starting to get some good sized pods. We just had a bit of a rainy cold week here so growth stopped but it seems to have bounced back in the last day or two.

The BT scorp

jan2011startgrowth014.jpg

jan2011startgrowth011.jpg

Once again she's got aphids!!!! It seems to be a magnet for the little bstrds It has a lot of decent pods going so I'll wait to pick pods before totally nuking them. This morning I went through the garden and found a nice sized spider and put it on the scorp plant, hopefully its hungry lol

So no comments on the Dorset pod? I guess its just a dorset yeah?

Thanks mega thats a compliment coming from you :)

Very true Josh. The plant was overwintered and has been for the last three or so seasons. Sure looks cool, it has more of a scorp look than my actual scorpion plant lol

I'll have to wait for it to ripen and have a taste :) but I'm betting it tastes like a Dorset.

Dude, mad pods, mad photos, and mad BT Scorp plant! Was it an overwinter or did you just grow it this year? I love the way it is small but extremely bushy.... and looks healthy as too!

Hey Timmy, That Dorset looks pretty cool man!! I wonder if it's a trait you could repeat in future generations?? All of you're plants look amazing! And yeah my christmas was awesome! I took delivery (picked) of a couple of ripe scorps just before xmas so it was a nice treat!

Keep up the good work mate.

:cheers:

Jas

The scorp was overwintered Gas but even in its first year it was a bushy plant and set a very large number of pods. Last year it ended up with tonnes of aphids, if it wasn't for that I would have picked a very large number of pods off the one plant. I'd rate BT scorps as one of my best plants.

Hey Mega hope xmas was great for you. The scorp's a bushy plant but I seem to be doing pretty well with all of my plants this year. They all set pods way to early though, I wonder how big they'd be if they hadn't.

I actually managed to burn the Bhut a week ago, I'd been over fertilizing for some time and the plants were just loving it but I guess the weather or something was different. Its fairly packed with pods, especially seeing that its the first run for the year.

jan2011bhut001.jpg

:beer: Glad everyones enjoying the pic's

They all set pods way to early though, I wonder how big they'd be if they hadn't.
I know the feeling. I was actually pinching buds on my plants that were budding to begin with but the little buggers were so persistent that I eventually gave up and let them do their thing! It was becoming a daily chore that I couldn't spare time for.

I wanted to grow more this year gas but I just didn't get my act together. My plant just thrives all year long, now that its got some age to it I'm hoping it will produce big time. My plant doesn't seem to get the extreme scorpion pod look, it does get some stingers but most of the pods are fairly fat.

The BT Scorp seems to be a aphid magnet though and the plants so bush its hard to treat. Its already got aphids so I'm not happy about that one.

Scorp's in sauces are just so good, I make up a garlic based sauce with them and its so nice.

I still wish I had one of hippy's nagabon plants. I think a BT scorp crossed with a large thick walled pod would be perfect :)

Hey Timmy, Looking good as per usual. I got a few pods off the plants the other day so I made a sauce, didn't turn out as nice as it seemed in my head but, hey, it packs a punch! I put 4 x Scorps, 2 x Bhut x Giant white habs, 1 7Pot and a Serrano coz it was there. I made it from red plums and pears with a few rasberries in it and a touch of fresh squeezed lemon juice. It looks pretty cool but I think I used the wrong type of plum so back to the drawing board on this one. I'll post a pic of it in the sauce making forum when I get them uploaded.

Was really looking into chilli vodka but decided I hadn't made a sauce for sometime so did that. I only got a little bit from the cook up but when it tastes better I'll send you a bottle or 2. ;)

:cheers:

Jas

EDIT:Just changed my mind! I went and had some on toast, all the flavours must have settled out over night, coz now it's really nice, and it's not so hot you can't enjoy the flavours.

The BT Scorp seems to be a aphid magnet though and the plants so bush its hard to treat. Its already got aphids so I'm not happy about that one.
Aphids are never really a problem for me.... I always get a few at the start of the season so I pick 'em off, squish 'em and that is always the last I see of them until the next year.

If we are talking about mites on the other hand..... :gets all fired up and feels murderous:

Just checking my plants earlier and it appears the little shits are back! :goes into a rage:

Back