• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tony's grow log 09/10

Well we will start at the start this year.

I have built a grow box and i cant wait to use it. Im going to get some seed trays tomorrow and will have seeds in by tomorrow night.

I ran the box with lights and fan and got 29 deg air temp in the center of the enclosure.

here is the box closed up

Thebox.jpg

Now as you can see in the above pic...... the room is well lit. As you can see from the exposure of the pic below.... its bright in there. It mad my garage look dark.

inside1.jpg

the lights in the roof

inside2.jpg

And the fan thats pointing at an angle across the enclosure. Its perfect actually. It spreads air evenly but doesnt make a line of wind that i was worried it might. It just moves the air evenly around and will work a treat.

inside4.jpg

Will take pics tomorrow with the seed trays in place.

cheers

Ok Folks time for another update..... and i have lots of pics and a few questions.

First up we will start with the good oil........ I finally got a chilli on my fatalli i grew last year fro the comp. It sat there... 3 inchs tall all winter.... for months while i was overseas, un watered, unloved.... and look at it now.

Fatalii.jpg

THe Douglahs are going well. i have 2 of them.

Douglahs.jpg

They are starting to flower.

Douglahflowers.jpg

The Faria (tobago Scotch Bonnet) that Scolvell sent me is going great, and has lots of flowers on it.... a couple opened this arvo.

Faria.jpg

You bastard! I have a pod on my Fatalii plant about that big but it is still green! You bastard!!! :rofl: At least my Douglahs have more buds than your, not that you wont get the first ripe pods !!!

Scolvells Choc Hab F1. Its a different plant with pointy hab like leaves..... pale in colour and a bit hairier than usual. I cant wait to see what this produces!

ChocHabF1_1.jpg

ChocHabF1_renamed_25810.jpg

ChocHabF1-1.jpg

here is a Golden Nugger plant i have going in a corner of the garden. GOt them as a free seed pack with an order from the Chilli seed Co. Varigated folage is cool, slight purple in the flowers..... no fruit yet but it will come.

GoldenNugget.jpg

Nova...... i have 3 ripe ones, and a heap are half ripe on my Devil tongue plant. The fatalii's are a deeper orange colour. THe devil Tongues are a lighter yellow. Cant wait to do a taste comparison...... its gunna hurt!

Now a question.

I got some seeds from Trinnihottie that she named as "hot cherry" She put pice up a while back of plants covered in millions of small round chillis. This is grown from these seeds and looks nothing like what i remember from the pics. It looks very asian to me. THe flowers have a very long "green bit" at the base of the pettals and the flower itself has a touch of purple in it. I still dont have a chilli on hte bush but i think they will be upright at a guess.

any ideas on what it night be?

HotCherryFlower.jpg

HotCherryFlower_renamed_13499.jpg

HotCherryupopenflower.jpg

HotCherry-1.jpg

The plant i listed as a hot cherry, well the flower i took a pic of has taken, and its an odd shape. Its pointy but seems to be rounding out a bit like a nipple?

I will be watching this one closly

Cheers

tony05 said:
The plant i listed as a hot cherry, well the flower i took a pic of has taken, and its an odd shape. Its pointy but seems to be rounding out a bit like a nipple?

I will be watching this one closly

Cheers

Ya bro has been in ya garden "fertilizing" your plants, set up some claymores ;)

Hey Tony...Trini also grows the Chupa Tutas or something like that...plastic nipples I think they are also called...the red cherry she sent you may have crossed with one of the nipple peppers...

I think you're talking about her hot version of chupetinha (or rubber nipple, biquino, or pimenta de bico). Trini got it mixed up and calls it plastic nipple:)

yup...that's it P...

gotta give this old mans mind some credit...I, at least, was in the ball park huh?... ;)

Hey Folks. Boxing day here and loitering in the garage doing some brewing..... thought i would take some pics for an update.

Now..... the Seeds i got from Trinni as Hot cherrys.... they have ended up very long and thin. Looking forward to trying one.

LongHotCherrys.jpg

Choc Hab FI i got seeds from Scolvile for is looking good.

ChocHabF1-2.jpg

My Ancho Pablano plant is bearing fruit.

Ancho.jpg

Here is the GOlden Nugget i have in the garden. Its a very pretty plant with varigated folage and its purple flowers and green/black fruit.

Goldennugget-1.jpg

Douglah's are flowering..... this one dropped its flower last night.
Please dont fall off, Please dont fall off, Please dont fall off, Please dont fall off, Please dont fall off, Please dont fall off,

DouglahFlowers-1.jpg

HEre are the 2 DOuglah plants. Looking very healthy. A couple 40+ deg days burnt them a bit but they are unstopable!

DouglasPlants.jpg

My Big Jim is getting a lot of chilli's on it too..... here are a few that are about a week old.

BigJims.jpg

cheers

tony05 said:
Well.... im a happy man. The Douglah has stuck...... 2 of them and lots to come!

Woo Hoo!

I have one that has stuck around and it's heaps bigger than yours!! It's four foot high and reaching for the sky!

Back