• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tony's grow log 09/10

Well we will start at the start this year.

I have built a grow box and i cant wait to use it. Im going to get some seed trays tomorrow and will have seeds in by tomorrow night.

I ran the box with lights and fan and got 29 deg air temp in the center of the enclosure.

here is the box closed up

Thebox.jpg

Now as you can see in the above pic...... the room is well lit. As you can see from the exposure of the pic below.... its bright in there. It mad my garage look dark.

inside1.jpg

the lights in the roof

inside2.jpg

And the fan thats pointing at an angle across the enclosure. Its perfect actually. It spreads air evenly but doesnt make a line of wind that i was worried it might. It just moves the air evenly around and will work a treat.

inside4.jpg

Will take pics tomorrow with the seed trays in place.

cheers

Did some picking yesterday. I lost a lot to Queensland fruit fly's and rot cause i was lazy and neglected the plants but did ok in the end.

TheCrop20100305.jpg

Bhut Jalokias........... YUM!

BhutJalokia20100305.jpg

Faria's. VEry thick fleshed and wonderfull flavour. Same heat as a habanero. Love em!

Faria20100305.jpg

And a variety of Thai Chillis. Green ones are the chillis that were suposed to be hot cherrys. They rot as soon as they turn red but taste great green so will use em in a green curry paste. Others are Thai Hot and Thai super hot.

AssortedThai20100305.jpg

These ones were suposed to be Douglahs. I have 2 plants, one looks like chocolate habs and these are a kind of mix of red and brown. No pimpled skin but some i have picked previously have almost looked like a scorpios so they have some true heritage in there somewhere. Very nice flavour.. like a 7 Pot but heat is in between a Bhut and hab.

Douglah20100305.jpg

These are a Cocolate Hab F1. I got the seeds from Scolville and they are quite nice. They have a hab taste but are not as hot. Going to make a nice sauce with them soon!

ChocHabF120100305.jpg

Jals.......... Love em. I let em go nice and crazed and let some go red. Pickeled them all up this arvo with a touch of garlic. I have over a dozen jars now. Should last me the winter.

Jalapinos20100305.jpg

Here is a pic of a nice selection of each variety. I picked a lot of 7's and Devil Tongues. Even got a few Fatalli's from the comparison plant... yes i finally got fruit from it! No shit!

DifferentChillisF20100305.jpg

cheers

Back