• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Top Five Hot Peppers

This is a true figure the plants where 1.268,759 shu Lab tested other tests are ongoing to confirm rating for the seller involved ;)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I've had a big thick skin jalapeno burn my butt and I eat nagas cut up in a cup of salsa regularly. Of the super hot my favorite are Bhut Jolokia, T. Scorpion, Fatalli, Chocolate Habaneros, and Tabasco. Variety is nice and easy with peppers.

I like this comment. I can't say that I eat Nagas (I've never actually been in the same room as one...deprived soul that I am) but I've cut up two Red Savinas and sprinkled the rings on a plate of Nachos -- along with a few other hot (not super-hot) peppers...no problem, and yet I clearly remember having a Jalapeno that blew the top of my skull off. The same experience as Pepper Ridge Farm had. The surprise of it all!

Great Thread!! With all these "new" super-hot peppers around, the well known and accepted Scoville Ratings Chart is being re-written on a daily basis. From 500,000 to 750,000 to 1,000,000 to 1,100,00 to 1,500,000. At this point aren't these peppers simply pepper spray in pod form? I'm just kidding...I love them hot.

Thanks for this great thread!

Nah, police spray is 5mil+, and tastes like shite. Trust me. it's bitter and horrid. ;P

Although, i hear IGG sprays it on pizza instead of EVOO....

I'm sure you know, but my guess is just a guess on that 1.5 million SHU. No testing was done except for the pepper in my mouth. :) I agree that they are getting up the "pepper spray in a bottle" type hot. I never would have beleieved it three years ago!

Chris

PrairieChilihead said:
I like this comment. I can't say that I eat Nagas (I've never actually been in the same room as one...deprived soul that I am) but I've cut up two Red Savinas and sprinkled the rings on a plate of Nachos -- along with a few other hot (not super-hot) peppers...no problem, and yet I clearly remember having a Jalapeno that blew the top of my skull off. The same experience as Pepper Ridge Farm had. The surprise of it all!

Great Thread!! With all these "new" super-hot peppers around, the well known and accepted Scoville Ratings Chart is being re-written on a daily basis. From 500,000 to 750,000 to 1,000,000 to 1,100,00 to 1,500,000. At this point aren't these peppers simply pepper spray in pod form? I'm just kidding...I love them hot.

Thanks for this great thread!

Whats next, "weaponized nagas"? Hahahaha.. oh wait...

That how they were developed in certain countries..as weapons..and used I might add. Read news outside of the us and you'll learn a lot.

Imagine Naga spray..because it exists.

US police spray is 5mil, but I'd wager the african version is MUCH worse. They have no problem with genocide and inhumane things. From what I hear it's been engineered to the point of causing actual topical burns and permanent internal scarring from breathing it. Think mustard gas.

Be glad of where you live, eh?

Quadshotz & Omri -- am I reading your posts correctly? Have you two actually tasted pepper spray? That's a good one! "Pepper To Go" in a convenient carrying case.

Has anyone else imbibed?

PrairieChilihead said:
Quadshotz & Omri -- am I reading your posts correctly? Have you two actually tasted pepper spray? That's a good one! "Pepper To Go" in a convenient carrying case.

Has anyone else imbibed?

It wasn't on purpose. :lol:

A long time ago, I was at a Spring Formal with my g/f and someone set off a blast of pepper spray about right next to us.

Stung like mad, ya can't breath, and tastes acrid.

I tried mine on purpose. asked a friendly copper I knew to gimme a try. tasted EXTREMELY BITTER and somewhat off. perhaps "shit-like" can describe it better. :) wasn't that hot! but enough to make scream when in contact with ya eyes. :D

I've tried the pepper spray that is given to mailmen here so they can protect themselves from dogs. I used to have a bottle in my car, just in case... Tastes horrible and makes one cry, it really burns in your eyes, but I don't think it is as strong as the police spray.

Chiliac said:
I've tried the pepper spray that is given to mailmen here so they can protect themselves from dogs. I used to have a bottle in my car, just in case... Tastes horrible and makes one cry, it really burns in your eyes, but I don't think it is as strong as the police spray.

Your right buddy it isn't..The police stuff is to stop people in there tracks immediately and must be damn painful :shocked:

Back