trade Trade List / Help Rebuilding after Disaster

laser,

I can get you some red rocoto seed, for sure. I'll PM you with my address for an SASE. I can send you some other fun stuff, too, if you want it.

Thanks, Eephus Man! :) Definitely yes on the other fun stuff - much appreciated! :dance:

Thanks, Patrick, but I already bought some of those seeds from you a couple months ago, remember? (You also included a nice bonus of powder samples - thanks again! :))

@Hucklebuck - your Eyeball Plant, Lemon Drop, plus an uber-rare pepper variety seeds are on their way to you now! :cool:

Thanks for trading! :)

I've got some yellow Manzano seeds and red Manzano seeds as well as some other seed varieties in the fridge that I'll probably never get around to growing. If you're interested pm your address to me and I'll gather up some of them and send to you.

Alan

Hi LASERGUY,
anything you need for your collection just ask. i'll send you what I have to spare
send me a pm
take care
Grant

Thanks, Alan! :)

Hey, are you the same "Mister_Al" pepper hobbyist from many years ago? ;)

@Grant - PM'd you with my E-MAIL addy for your excel trade list file - Thanks! :dance:

I've only been growing peppers for 10 years or so. I may be him, but, I may not be him. That's just a hard question to answer.
The reason I asked, is years ago a person by that name helped get me going when I first started building my collection! :)

In fact, they introduced me to one of my favorite-tasting peppers! :dance: If that was you, just wanted to say THANKS for that!
thanks.gif

@Justaguy - your Eyeball/Toothache Plant seeds + tasty pepper seeds are on their way to you now! :cool:

@Mister Al - If that was you, hopefully I'm not imposing by getting seeds from you twice in the same decade! ;) ...PM sent!

Hey, do you know / have talked to lately, JohnF or JohnT?

How are these for Christmas tree ornaments? - :D

Jamaican1A.jpg

Jamaican2.jpg

(perhaps some pretty pics will help inspire some trades ;))

The junk camera I was using at the time doesn't really do full justice to the amazing beauty of these guys. In addition to their appearance, these pods are also very hot, and have FANTASTIC flavor! :cool: They also go great in spaghetti sauce! :drooling:

They also overwinter well, and make excellent container plants.

Sadly, the plant these came from is no longer with us, being one of the many pepper plants that fell victim to the bugs. :cry:

But I did manage to save some seeds from it! :dance: Still have enough left for a few small trades.

That's correct! Beautiful pods, great heat, excellent flavor - it's no wonder it is one of my all-time favorite peppers! ;)

I'm not sure how well your variety/ seed count has recovered, but I do have some seeds to spare. I understand your pain; I lost two plants the same way this fall. Both of which were the only specie types I had. Fortunately, I was able to recover from the Douglah, but not the TS Red Cardi. Next season I will be in a better position to help our community even more.

Naga Morich
Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
TS
7 Pot Trinidad
Congo Black
Black Stinger
Congo Yellow
Devil's Tongue Red
Red Savina
Fatalii Yellow
Orange Habanero
Caribbean Red
Pinquita-De-Mono
Jamaican Red Mushroom
White Habs

UPDATE:

I have been dealing with a series of set-backs that have have kept me away from this hobby for the past several months, and delayed the start of this year's growing season. :(

My hard drive & PC DIED - resulting in the loss of (along with a LOT of more important stuff), over 10 years' worth of growing logs & pepper pictures! :banghead:

Then I had the guy I had been working for suddenly & unexpectedly leaving the country for an extended trip overseas, and forgot to pay me before he left! :eek:

Things got progressively WORSE after that, and I'm just now finally getting things turned back around.

Meanwhile, while my back was turned trying to deal with all these "fun" events, the dang aphids resurged :banghead:, taking-out two of my remaining four full-sized pepper plants (and leaving the other two looking like they were foliar sprayed with Agent Orange!) Those plus some babies & small cuttings are now all that remains of my original collection. :tear:

(BTW - If anybody knows of a long-term solution to aphids, please let me know - the spray I use only kills on direct contact (so I have to constantly keep spraying just to keep 'em at bay). I have also considered a systemic poison, but I'm thinking using that on a vegetable plant would not be a good idea? Am about ready to consider a flamethrower... :flamethrower:)

Anyways, I'm finally getting a chance to get started planting for the growing season now, so hopefully I will at least have a few peppers to enjoy, before the end of this year. :)

SuperHot said:
I'm not sure how well your variety/ seed count has recovered, but I do have some seeds to spare. I understand your pain; I lost two plants the same way this fall. Both of which were the only specie types I had. Fortunately, I was able to recover from the Douglah, but not the TS Red Cardi. Next season I will be in a better position to help our community even more.
Thanks, SuperHot! :) Got some of the superhot varieties I wanted to try, but still struggling with the others. There are a few items on your list I could use, let me know if there is anything of mine that you need! Will send you a PM shortly!

I also have an ultra-rare variety I will be adding to my trade list soon :cool:, which I am hoping will entice a few trades from some of the senior members here?

Anyone else that wants to trade, please let me know, as I'm trying to get a (late) start to this season now!

THANKS ALL! :)

Thanks for the information, hot stuff!

However, I am growing these indoors. As I recall, that technique only works for outdoor plants, as it relies on reflecting lots of bright sunlight & heat to the underside of the leaves, to discourage the aphids from landing?

@SuperHot - PM sent!

UPDATE:

(BTW - If anybody knows of a long-term solution to aphids, please let me know - the spray I use only kills on direct contact (so I have to constantly keep spraying just to keep 'em at bay). I have also considered a systemic poison, but I'm thinking using that on a vegetable plant would not be a good idea? Am about ready to consider a flamethrower... :flamethrower:)

A little while ago Halo posted a plant dipping formula to get rid of the little buggers.
You just dip the whole plant right into the mixture…it doesn't get any more thorough than that!!

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21846-aphid-dip/page__p__454894#entry454894

Good Luck!!

OK, thanks anyway - will get back to you later when you have seeds. Thanks for the aphids link!

@duane - your eyeball & other seeds are on their way to you now, enjoy! :cool:

@ChicosAStar - trade PM sent!

Back