• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

travel Traveling to the Mecca

I'm all packed and ready to hit the road. Tomorrow, early morning, I'm leaving for the Eastern ATV Mecca known as Hatfield-McCoy. It's over 500 miles of trails in the heart of West Virginia mountains and we will be staying in Man WV (I still really have no idea where that is :lol:) Hopefully the weather is nice and I'm sure the mountains are just full of splendid colors this time of year.

Now to decide on what sauce and what powder to bring. :think:

Here is a pic of my clean rig
October2009015.jpg

Sickmont said:
Nice. So thats your version of a mountain bike, huh?

:lol: Yes, I guess.... You can really travel a lot more ground and it's less taxing on the body. But, I guess not as good for exercise.

texas blues said:
That Quad looks naked without a Kolpin gun boot on it.

I really like the pistol gun holster that mounts on the handle bars :lol:

DickT said:
Yeah, and whats with that craftsman tool box...

??? Are you talking about my tool box in the background? I fancy myself a backyard mechanic, in fact there is very little I can't do with a car and a few tools. Well, accept for these newer cars, they all suck IMO. The red case on the front rack is a 4 gallon fuel cell....Running out of gas is no fun.

Ohhhhh, I see how it is. You can drive that mountain rider all the way down to West Vergina but you can't drive 10 minutes to see your buddy Passow, huh.

Well it looks like I'll just have to drink all these homebrews I was saving for you. :lol:

Hope you have a blast man! I can only imagine how beautiful the scenery is going to be. Take some pics for us!!

imaguitargod said:
Ohhhhh, I see how it is. You can drive that mountain rider all the way down to West Vergina but you can't drive 10 minutes to see your buddy Passow, huh.

Well it looks like I'll just have to drink all these homebrews I was saving for you. :lol:

Hope you have a blast man! I can only imagine how beautiful the scenery is going to be. Take some pics for us!!

But...b.b.b.but...when I come and see you I'll need a designated driver! :lol: I'm sure we'll be pounding some high test home brews and I might end up like that guy in the video trying to buy beer. :P

I will sure to take pictures to share when I get back. I can't wait, I have heard so much about this area and this is my first trip. It should be great, riding all day and drinking all night. :lol:

imaguitargod said:

Take it from the guy who traveled 1/2 way round the planet to sample some Passow brew, it's well worth the trip. :)

Sickmont said:
His last names not Trump which means he couldn't afford the billions for a snap-on one:lol:

Jeez, I wish I could afford Snap-On tools :rolleyes: But Imo that Craftsman is the next best thing and the way I abuse them, I sure make good on the lifetime warranty. :lol:

I just checked with Accuweather and the weather this weekend looks cool and damp, perfect riding weather. Hopefully it's not too damp to ruin any photo opportunities.

nice 4 wheeler, no winch ? they sure do come in handy.
have fun & get it stuck good a couple times for us.
I'd even have some good rope or short tow strength rope tied to the frame & in a little pouch on the rack, so its easy to just hook up & get pulled out vs trying to dig in water/mud to hook up.

The camera batteries are all charged up. ;)

chilehunter said:
nice 4 wheeler, no winch ? they sure do come in handy.
have fun & get it stuck good a couple times for us.
I'd even have some good rope or short tow strength rope tied to the frame & in a little pouch on the rack, so its easy to just hook up & get pulled out vs trying to dig in water/mud to hook up.

I've got a winch, but she's staying at home :rofl: (Just kidding, dear...:lol:) Seriously though, I do have a Warn 2.5 winch with 50 feet of cable hooked up and a 25 foot tow line in my rack bag. I'm sure it will come in handy this weekend due to all of the rain that has been falling. Should make everything that much more fun!

Back