Trent's pepper giveaway 2014 - Central IL Pickup ONLY

Grew too many (as usual).
Ground rules:

** These are available for local pick up ONLY (Tremont, IL or Delavan IL). I do not have a nursery license and will not ship inter-state.

** I am not charging for the plants BUT I will gladly accept donations to cover materials costs (such as ... $5 per plant)! This is not required, they need a new home since I don't have room to put them all in the ground.

** Limit 10 plants per person and no more than 2x of each variety per person. (E.g. so one person can't wipe me out of an entire variety). (This rule will be waived May 10th - anything left after that date will be available with no limits)

** If you want to claim plants REPLY HERE so there's no cries of foul play later. If you do not pick them up within 1 week of claiming them I will strike your reservation from the list and allow the plants to be claimed by someone else.

Plants are 2 months old and have NOT been hardened off. Some annuums are starting to set flowers, many have forked.

They've been raised indoors (see my GLOG on here for growing conditions: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/46293-trents-2014-grow-log/)

Seeds sourced from Judy (pepperlover - most everything on the list is from her), excepting Ed Currie for Carolina Reapers, and PepperJoe for black Jalapenos.

7-Pod (Barrackpore) x3
7-Pod (Brain Strain, yellow) x1
7-Pod (Brain Strain, red) x7 
7-Pod (Chaguanas) x5
7-Pod (Jonah) x3
7-Pod (Long, large) x8
7-Pod (Original Red) x4
7-Pod (Primo) x1
Bhut Jolokia (Brown) x1
Bhut Jolokia (Indian Carbon) x5
Bhut Jolokia (Red) x8
Bhut Jolokia (Yellow) x4
Bhut Jolokia (White) x4
Brown Moruga x4
Carolina Reaper x10 
Cayenne (Sweet) x1 (claimed)
Cayenne (Large, Thick) x3 (1 claimed)
Chili de Abrol x5
Dedo De Moca x2
Dorset Naga x1
Fatali (Yellow) x3
Giant Mexican Rocoto x3 (1 claimed)
Goats Weed x1
Habanero (Big Sun) x4
Jalapeno (Black) x4
Jalapeno (Early) x11
Jalapeno (Giant) x9 (2 claimed)
Mako Akokosrade x1
Naga Morich (Original) x3
Naga Morich (Monster Morich) x4
Naga Morich (Bombay Morich) x5
Pimenta de Neyde x2
Tobago Scotch Bonnet, Red x2
Tobago Scotch Bonnet, Yellow x4
Trinidad Scorpion (Butch T) x4 
Trinidad Scorpion (CARDI) x2
Trinidad Scorpion (Douglah) x2
Trinidad Scorpion (Moruga) x1 
Trinidad Scorpion (Original) x1
Trinidad Scorpion (PI 281317) x1
Trinidad Scorpion (Smooth) x1
Trinidad Scorpion (Yellow) x1

NOTE: I am also listing these locally to friends on Facebook and will mark any reservations in this thread.

You said you don't have room for them in the ground.  How about planting a few dozen in grow bags or cloth shopping bags?  You can purchase blue WalMart bags for $.50 each. 

I wish I lived closer!  You have some very nice peppers.

catherinew said:
You said you don't have room for them in the ground.  How about planting a few dozen in grow bags or cloth shopping bags?  You can purchase blue WalMart bags for $.50 each. 

I wish I lived closer!  You have some very nice peppers.
I agree wish I lived closer would easily pick up a few

Catherine; I have *282* pepper plants in the basement right now... I have room for ~90 in the ground, and already have plans to pot up 40-50 more. 

I simply can't handle any more than that... I've got to get rid of about 150 plants. :)

(282 = not counting overwinters; I still have 28 of those surviving from last year)
2 Giant Jalapenos claimed locally (via facebook)

Trent - geez Louise having to give away 150 peppers!  I really DO wish we lived closer!

I have about 50+ to give away, but also have too many people with their hands out for FREE peppers and tomatoes.
Reciprocity??  Even good friends don't realize how much it costs to grow from seed, or want to know.

If someone is serious about growing and is driving from several hours away, if you want more than 10x, PM me and we'll talk about it. I know I wouldn't drive halfway across the state for 10 plants. 50... maybe. But not 10. :)

sweet cayenne, 1 large cayenne, 1 giant mexican rocoto claimed via facebook. Updated OP.

3 reaper, 2 trinidad moruga, 1 butch-t claimed via facebook.
(Dude driving 3 hours from Chicago to pick up superhots tomorrow.. yeesh!)

with a list like that i can see how you can run out of space very cool to give them to people who can use them

TrentL said:
If someone is serious about growing and is driving from several hours away, if you want more than 10x, PM me and we'll talk about it. I know I wouldn't drive halfway across the state for 10 plants. 50... maybe. But not 10. :)

sweet cayenne, 1 large cayenne, 1 giant mexican rocoto claimed via facebook. Updated OP.

3 reaper, 2 trinidad moruga, 1 butch-t claimed via facebook.

(Dude driving 3 hours from Chicago to pick up superhots tomorrow.. yeesh!)
If I still lived in Paducah, KY I would drive three hours to pick up 10 supers :)

I hope you find them all great homes!

Updated list with new quantities after handing 10 plants yesterday and 10 thurs. All qty are current actual "spares". # Claimed means someone called dibs but hasn't picked up yet.
Only 152 plants to go.... sigh.

Sounds great Smiley. I'm willing to meet part way IF it can be worked in, my schedule is obnoxiously busy in the spring with 5 kids and 4 jobs... (Day job + teach karate + teach firearms classes + run NRA high power / smallbore tournaments)

Oh, and I grow peppers. Which is damn near a full time job all on it's own this year. :)

smileyguy697 said:
Nice bro! I live in glasford and have friends in the surrounding area that will be interested.. I'll see what I can do.
smileyguy, i drive the glasford-canton blacktop home almost every day

trent,

If you still have to get rid of some more come mid May, I may have to get a couple more from you.  I really don't need anymore so would rather let anyone who really needs some buy some from you first.  But if it gets to the point you have to throw some out, make sure and let me know first.  

150+ to give away? Good lord man! If I lived in the area I would gkadly drop in and buy some from you. Too bad I'm an ocean and then some away!

Good luck!

jcw10tc said:
smileyguy, i drive the glasford-canton blacktop home almost every day

trent,

If you still have to get rid of some more come mid May, I may have to get a couple more from you.  I really don't need anymore so would rather let anyone who really needs some buy some from you first.  But if it gets to the point you have to throw some out, make sure and let me know first.  

Just dropped $100+ on 5" square pots and holders. Going to need to pot them up again .. like YESTERDAY ... the things are growing too fast now. 

I *might* be able to plant out a few more here and there, in my yard.. but already have 87 going in the garden and 40 more going in to permanent pots.. just not enough room.

Discounting the 87 going in the dirt and the 40 going in pots, and the ones I've given away so far... I still have 152 not spoken for. 

Willing to drive (up to) 1.5 hours away some evening to give some away if someone wants a big batch of them. That's close to mid-way to either Chicago, St. Louis, or Indianapolis from here.

Next year I'm not growing so damn many extras. I'm seriously questioning my sanity. :)

I went a little overboard with the extras as well.  Not quite as many as you but had about 200 at one point.  Managed to find homes for about 80.  Down to 120 with plans to plant aboug 92 - 100.  Figured I will keep the rest until all are well established in case I loose some to deer, storm, some other disaster, etc.

Back