Trent's pepper giveaway 2014 - Central IL Pickup ONLY

OK. Based on what I saw of root masses when I was planting, these are all a few weeks away from being rootbound so there is still some time.

My patience will wear thin on watering them in a few weeks too, I bet. These gals are thirsty buggers. :)

TrentL said:
OK. Based on what I saw of root masses when I was planting, these are all a few weeks away from being rootbound so there is still some time.

My patience will wear thin on watering them in a few weeks too, I bet. These gals are thirsty buggers. :)
If you still have no other takers and are going to throw them out, I would like come over and save a few.  I can squeeze in another row maybe and have a few friends that may take a few.  I could come over that way tomorrow, Friday or one day early next week.  I think this is why I could never own a greenhouse or anything, can't stand to see unneeded plants get thrown out.  Already am about 15 plants over original plan myself and still giving away but finally down to about 10 spares going to keep around for a while.  Squirrels keep digging holes in the garden looking for buried treasure and have almost taken out a few plants.

I may need some of them myself. One of my neighbors sprayed for dandelions.

ROMr2Ioh.jpg

q8rJXnjh.jpg

About half the garden was hit.

The spare plants sheltered near my camper don't seem to be affected (yet).

TrentL said:
I may need some of them myself. One of my neighbors sprayed for dandelions.

ROMr2Ioh.jpg

q8rJXnjh.jpg

About half the garden was hit.

The spare plants sheltered near my camper don't seem to be affected (yet).

Ouch, that sucks.  Thats one thing I don't have to worry about.  None of my neighbors treat for anything, and I usually only use pre emergent in the early spring then some spot spraying but nothing to get out of control like that.  Just ping me though if you do get to a point where you are going to throw any out, I may come to their rescue.  Good luck, hope you don't have to replant too many.
must have been replying at the same time,  well let me know how it goes, hope you don't have a total loss.  I have about 7 or 8 spares left I am keeping around for just in case situation.  If you face total loss, you are welcome to have them.

Looks like I'm in the clear, past the worst of the herbicide damage. 

I still have about 50-60 extras. Even better - Soldier beetles moved in today and are busy clearing off aphids!!!

If you want to pick up any extras, pretty much all that I have left is a ton of superhots (naga morich, bhut jolokia, 7-pot, and HOTTER). Including a bunch of Carolina Reapers!

Let me know I'll be around this weekend.

Back