• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's "It's all about the Bonnet" 2015

I am fascinated about the "Scotch Bonnet" Continuing in the same vein as my last season where I managed to grow over thirty varieties I am again keen to promote the "Scotch Bonnet" in all it's varieties and variations ... this season some new specimens to me and some old firm favourites such as SB7J and P. Dreadie ... a big thank you to those on this forum that have helped me in sourcing seed

Elysium Oxide - Mustard (SB Faria x Douglah natural colour variation) - Meatfreak
Elysium Oxide - Rust - Greg PIC1
SB x Trinidad 7pot - Superhot Sim
ScotchBrain F3 (SB Yellow x Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain) - Greg
NeBru7 (Trinidad Yellow x 7 Pot Jonah)
SB7J Grass Hut variation
SB7J Atomic Mushroom variation
SB Atomic - Snagglepuss
NagaBon - Snagglepuss
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Yellow - KD
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Red - Greg
SB Foodarama - Yellow - Superhot Sim
SB Foodarama - Red
SB Jamaican Yellow - Greg
SB Peach - Matthew Arthur
SB Peach Long
SB Bahamas Orange - Superhot Sim
SB Dominican Republic Yellow - Buckeye Pepper Company
SB P. Dreadie
SB Freeport Orange - Meatfreak
SB Chocolate - Jim Duffy
SB Yellow Flats - Matthew Arthur
SB Jamaican Farmers Market
SB Trenton Farmers Market
SB True Form - Alan Boatman
SB Indian Red
SB Aji Jamaiquino - Nicholau
SB Yellow - Reimer Seeds

Every season I challenge myself with a Superhot so this year it's

Borg 9
Borg 9 Chocolate
UBSC - Brown

Ignoring the quote "less is more" I have also invested in many varieties of Jalapeño
Including "Farmers Market Potato, Hercules , Mammoth, Señorita , El Rey, Ciclon " for this seasons UK Forum Chillis Galore Jalapeño challenge all are germinating now

SB seeds and Superhots sown 19th January this is their progress to date

The Superhot's have really taken off ... Borg and UBSC phenomenal growth

What is a P Dreadie? Looks like a brain strain bonnet. Looks mean.[/quote

Hopefully I can answer your question as I recently asked the same to " P Dreadie"... real name Erin. As I understand when Erin first joined THP a guy from Florida called Tony ( unfortunately no longer with us) had some Scotch Bonnets although he never disclosed their source. He chose the best pods and labelled them as Scotch Bonnet "culled"

Erin and I both agree that the termination "culled" means something different depending on where you live .... Erin changed the name culled to "select"!which I am sure Tony meant in the first place ... P Dreadie Select is as you can see by those photography's a truly special bonnet and deserves all the praise this is a bonnet we should all be growing along side the MoA ... thank you Erin for your input

What is a P Dreadie? Looks like a brain strain bonnet. Looks mean.[/quote

Hopefully I can answer your question as I recently asked the same to " P Dreadie"... real name Erin. As I understand when Erin first joined THP a guy from Florida called Tony ( unfortunately no longer with us) had some Scotch Bonnets although he never disclosed their source. He chose the best pods and labelled them as Scotch Bonnet "culled"

Erin and I both agree that the termination "culled" means something different depending on where you live .... Erin changed the name culled to "select"!which I am sure Tony meant in the first place ... P Dreadie Select is as you can see by those photography's a truly special bonnet and deserves all the praise this is a bonnet we should all be growing along side the MoA ... thank you Erin for your input
Very cool. If they turn out, I'd love to get some of those seeds next season along with the Red MOA. What's the flavor and heat like on that Dreadie?

Weather for a change in England has greatly improved this week and I have managed to pot on and harden off two SB7J and a Trinidad SB x 7 Pot in their 11ltr pots

UBSC - Brown, Borg 9, Reimer SB Yellow and NagaBon to follow suit although UBSC and Borg will go into 18ltr pots

Elysium Oxide Rust and Mustard

A lot of talk regarding "Yaki Brown" new to me this season so I cannot comment on heat/taste .. colour of leaf very similar to Pink Tiger - purple traits although my front plant shows no purple colour

Trident chilli said:
I am fascinated about the "Scotch Bonnet" Continuing in the same vein as my last season where I managed to grow over thirty varieties I am again keen to promote the "Scotch Bonnet" in all it's varieties and variations ... this season some new specimens to me and some old firm favourites such as SB7J and P. Dreadie ... a big thank you to those on this forum that have helped me in sourcing seed

Elysium Oxide - Mustard (SB Faria x Douglah natural colour variation) - Meatfreak
Elysium Oxide - Rust - Greg PIC1
SB x Trinidad 7pot - Superhot Sim
ScotchBrain F3 (SB Yellow x Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain) - Greg
NeBru7 (Trinidad Yellow x 7 Pot Jonah)
SB7J Grass Hut variation
SB7J Atomic Mushroom variation
SB Atomic - Snagglepuss
NagaBon - Snagglepuss
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Yellow - KD
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Red - Greg
SB Foodarama - Yellow - Superhot Sim
SB Foodarama - Red
SB Jamaican Yellow - Greg
SB Peach - Matthew Arthur
SB Peach Long
SB Bahamas Orange - Superhot Sim
SB Dominican Republic Yellow - Buckeye Pepper Company
SB P. Dreadie
SB Freeport Orange - Meatfreak
SB Chocolate - Jim Duffy
SB Yellow Flats - Matthew Arthur
SB Jamaican Farmers Market
SB Trenton Farmers Market
SB True Form - Alan Boatman
SB Indian Red
SB Aji Jamaiquino - Nicholau
SB Yellow - Reimer Seeds

Every season I challenge myself with a Superhot so this year it's

Borg 9
Borg 9 Chocolate
UBSC - Brown

Ignoring the quote "less is more" I have also invested in many varieties of Jalapeño
Including "Farmers Market Potato, Hercules , Mammoth, Señorita , El Rey, Ciclon " for this seasons UK Forum Chillis Galore Jalapeño challenge all are germinating now

SB seeds and Superhots sown 19th January this is their progress to date

The Superhot's have really taken off ... Borg and UBSC phenomenal growth
great looking plants my friend ! what ya feeding them ? super healthy .

moruga welder said:
great looking plants my friend ! what ya feeding them ? super healthy .
The plants are potted in a Dutch organic soil called "BioBizz" it has nutrients within the mixture which last for a couple of weeks ... since then I have been using their "Bio-Grow" which if I am reading it right contains organic sugar beat extracts and vitamin B1 B2 C and E ... however this is soon to change as I have been chosen by a Hydroponic company to test a development formulation of SHOGUN Terra Grow/Bloom a new soil nutrient

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice grow list. Plant's look nice and healthy.
Thank you finally the weather looks like improving so I will soon be able to get them out side. Her in doors hasn't seen the dining room table for a while. Tallest on left is a UBSC - Brown now in a 18ltr pot

suchen said:
I have been really turned on to scotch bonnets this year. Definitely adding some variety for next time around. The user chocolatescotchbonnet was gracious enough to send me some seeds of his namesake which I have going now. Really looking forward to following your grow.
At the end of the season more than happy to send you seed. Thanks for following

Trident chilli said:
Thank you finally the weather looks like improving so I will soon be able to get them out side. Her in doors hasn't seen the dining room table for a while. Tallest on left is a UBSC - Brown now in a 18ltr pot

At the end of the season more than happy to send you seed. Thanks for following
Plants look fantastic. I was wondering if you put them in a greenhouse? Being so far south I didn't know if it was needed. I also was wondering if you have ever seen been to the Eden Project in Cornwell? I would like to visit someday. My girlfriend is from Lincolnshire.

Your plants still looking great. I'm using Bio-Grow now!
OCD Chilehead said:
Plants look fantastic. I was wondering if you put them in a greenhouse? Being so far south I didn't know if it was needed. I also was wondering if you have ever seen been to the Eden Project in Cornwell? I would like to visit someday. My girlfriend is from Lincolnshire.
The Eden Project is a very special place. I've been a couple of times, they had an orange hab plant(in the dome on the left in your pic) It was like a big bush :)
The dome on the left is a tropical climate 25c very humid. The dome on the right is mediterranean climate.

PaulS said:
Your plants still looking great. I'm using Bio-Grow now!

The Eden Project is a very special place. I've been a couple of times, they had an orange hab plant(in the dome on the left in your pic) It was like a big bush :)
The dome on the left is a tropical climate 25c very humid. The dome on the right is mediterranean climate.
Sounds fun. I've just seen picture's on the net. It still looks amazing....................... I need a dome. LOL

Back