• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's "It's all about the Bonnet" 2015

I am fascinated about the "Scotch Bonnet" Continuing in the same vein as my last season where I managed to grow over thirty varieties I am again keen to promote the "Scotch Bonnet" in all it's varieties and variations ... this season some new specimens to me and some old firm favourites such as SB7J and P. Dreadie ... a big thank you to those on this forum that have helped me in sourcing seed

Elysium Oxide - Mustard (SB Faria x Douglah natural colour variation) - Meatfreak
Elysium Oxide - Rust - Greg PIC1
SB x Trinidad 7pot - Superhot Sim
ScotchBrain F3 (SB Yellow x Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain) - Greg
NeBru7 (Trinidad Yellow x 7 Pot Jonah)
SB7J Grass Hut variation
SB7J Atomic Mushroom variation
SB Atomic - Snagglepuss
NagaBon - Snagglepuss
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Yellow - KD
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Red - Greg
SB Foodarama - Yellow - Superhot Sim
SB Foodarama - Red
SB Jamaican Yellow - Greg
SB Peach - Matthew Arthur
SB Peach Long
SB Bahamas Orange - Superhot Sim
SB Dominican Republic Yellow - Buckeye Pepper Company
SB P. Dreadie
SB Freeport Orange - Meatfreak
SB Chocolate - Jim Duffy
SB Yellow Flats - Matthew Arthur
SB Jamaican Farmers Market
SB Trenton Farmers Market
SB True Form - Alan Boatman
SB Indian Red
SB Aji Jamaiquino - Nicholau
SB Yellow - Reimer Seeds

Every season I challenge myself with a Superhot so this year it's

Borg 9
Borg 9 Chocolate
UBSC - Brown

Ignoring the quote "less is more" I have also invested in many varieties of Jalapeño
Including "Farmers Market Potato, Hercules , Mammoth, Señorita , El Rey, Ciclon " for this seasons UK Forum Chillis Galore Jalapeño challenge all are germinating now

SB seeds and Superhots sown 19th January this is their progress to date

The Superhot's have really taken off ... Borg and UBSC phenomenal growth

I picked these up at a farmers market in St. Anns Bay, Jamaica at the end of March

Attachments

• stannsscotchbonnets.jpg
    stannsscotchbonnets.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 55
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Plants look happy. Good luck I wanted to do the same. But knoWing me I'd mislabel all the sb
Thanks KD really appreciate your words ... I have to thank you for sending seed to me via Ronniedeb a few seasons ago ... I offered to pay/trade but your philosophy of "spreading the love of chilli growing" is etched in my mind and I am pleased to follow your principles

Thank you again for my original MoA Yellow seed
D3monic said:
ah a lot of the Dutch canna growers are big into the biobizz. I heard great things about it, looks to be true.
Really pleased with this medium ... their notes I have watered down to half strength as I was getting more growth than flowers

withywindle72 said:
I picked these up at a farmers market in St. Anns Bay, Jamaica at the end of March
Lovely pods hope you kept the seed ... how was their taste and flavour

Your plants John are beautiful got two tiny moa red bonnets in a pot
I am interested in your SB P. Dreadie awesome looking pod if there not a problem i would like some seed of that for next year grow.
I am slowly getting info in form this year grow.
My 2016 grow will be more refined I am planing an bonnets & baccatum peppers with a few others  but the baccatum & bonnets will be my main focus.
I think the hawaii beach & bahamain goat might be bonnet varities .
The hawaii beach diffently is growing like one flavor is suposed to be bonnet like too like the goat only time will tell if thats true.

according to http://www.pepperscale.com/ the Bahamian Goat is a cousin to the scotch bonnet it must be like a first cousin cause it sure sounds a lot like one  I can wait to try them & the moa's

Plantguy76 said:
Your plants John are beautiful got two tiny moa red bonnets in a pot
I am interested in your SB P. Dreadie awesome looking pod if there not a problem i would like some seed of that for next year grow.
I am slowly getting info in form this year grow.
My 2016 grow will be more refined I am planing an bonnets & baccatum peppers with a few others  but the baccatum & bonnets will be my main focus.
I think the hawaii beach & bahamain goat might be bonnet varities .
The hawaii beach diffently is growing like one flavor is suposed to be bonnet like too like the goat only time will tell if thats true.
according to http://www.pepperscale.com/ the Bahamian Goat is a cousin to the scotch bonnet it must be like a first cousin cause it sure sounds a lot like one  I can wait to try them & the moa's
I have been careful to label mine as P. Dreadie but Erin also had some fine "selects" this is an example I am sure he won't mind me using his photograph. This is truly a fine bonnet and I would be pleased with a pod like this
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/DwightMason/SSelectb8-25.jpg

Your plants are really thriving Trident. I'm hooked on the flavor of the yellow bonnets, i'm glad to see you are growing out all the different ones. I'd like to see how my grand cayman yellow bonnets would do in your garden.

Centipede said:
Your plants are really thriving Trident. I'm hooked on the flavor of the yellow bonnets, i'm glad to see you are growing out all the different ones. I'd like to see how my grand cayman yellow bonnets would do in your garden.
Last season's bonnet grow was predominantly yellow and I concur with your choice .... three yellow's that stood for me were MoA, NeBru7 and Trenton Farmers Market. Erin's P. Dreadie "Selects" clearly show spikes on his beautiful pod I first saw spikes on the Trenton although as you can see on the picture below not as promident just goes to show not all bonnets have smooth skin. I would really appreciate some Grand Cayman SB seed as I was unaware of this variety and would be more than happy to offer you seed in exchange

Trenton Farmers Market

Hi John,

I was just checking to see how you and the plants are doing? Currently I'm intrigued by the Fatalii, but I am equally intrigued by the Scotch Bonnet's and their crosses thanks to you. MOA's are the only thing I've got going this year. I hope next year to add to the list.

Hope all is well and have a great week.

OCD Chilehead said:
Hi John,
I was just checking to see how you and the plants are doing? Currently I'm intrigued by the Fatalii, but I am equally intrigued by the Scotch Bonnet's and their crosses thanks to you. MOA's are the only thing I've got going this year. I hope next year to add to the list.
Hope all is well and have a great week.
Thanks Chuck for asking ... at last we have a spell of decent weather forecast which will give me an opportunity to harden off the final few to go outside. Need to get some from the "crèche" potted into their final pots before they get root bound. Free Port Orange, NeBru7 and Atomic SB pushing out juvenile pods which should get bigger over the next few weeks

Matthew Arthur's "Yellow Flats SB" has two lateral branches from the branch ... one over three feet ... very weird!

Shot of the crèche

MoA Red

Free Port Orange

Atomic SB

Beautiful plants John. That's a monster Yellow Flats SB. I almost missed the guardian of the garden in that pic. MOA Red is going to be a great plant. Is that a Scotch Bonnet x 7pod Jonah? I have about 5 seeds given to me by another member. I think there old, but I want to try and germinate them next year. All your plants look nice and happy.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Beautiful plants John. That's a monster Yellow Flats SB. I almost missed the guardian of the garden in that pic. MOA Red is going to be a great plant. Is that a Scotch Bonnet x 7pod Jonah? I have about 5 seeds given to me by another member. I think there old, but I want to try and germinate them next year. All your plants look nice and happy.
Thanks for sharing
Chuck
MoA (Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture) is regarded as the "true form" SB originally produced for the local farmers and labelled "not for sale". Thanks to certain members on this forum notably KD seed was made available ... his ethos of spreading the love for SB allowed me in the UK to benefit from his generosity

SB x 7pod Jonah - SB7J originally grown by Patrick has two desitictive shapes " grass hut" named after the hut on the Island of the American Sitcom " Gilligan's Island" and the other pheno the classic mushroom shape

I will send you seed of both later in the season

Hope you have the sun we've got here andd you can get your plants out.
The plants in the greenhouse look great :)

Trident chilli said:
MoA (Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture) is regarded as the "true form" SB originally produced for the local farmers and labelled "not for sale". Thanks to certain members on this forum notably KD seed was made available ... his ethos of spreading the love for SB allowed me in the UK to benefit from his generosity
SB x 7pod Jonah - SB7J originally grown by Patrick has two desitictive shapes " grass hut" named after the hut on the Island of the American Sitcom " Gilligan's Island" and the other pheno the classic mushroom shape
I will send you seed of both later in the season
Sorry for the late response. Didn't catch the notification. Thanks for the info. I cant wait to see SBx7J and the rest of your plants. Hope all is well. I bet them plants are starting to take off. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Weather in the UK has been pretty steady these past two weeks and the night temperatures have been pleasant enough .... To be honest my worst enemy has been sunburn down to my own stupidly ... bringing on plants in a growtent under artificial light is great to get them started but what I should have done was lowered the lamp closer to the plants to start the hardening process. Outside they were probably screaming at me "bright light"'but as most of the UK was pleased to see the sun I negated the shade ... silver leaves and crusty edges appeared on most with the leaves eventually falling off

All are heavily flowering now and most have pods although juvenile at the moment ... thanks for looking

Trenton Farmers Market SB

Atomic SB

ScotchBrain F3 SB

True Form - Allen Boatman SB

NeBru7 SB

PIC1-Greg Selective Yellow SB

Free Port Orange SB

SB7J Mushroom Pheno SB

Back