• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trindia

Ok lets make Few people MAD and many people glade…. For those who will be mad simply don’t try it or buy it…. You don’t have to like it… we do or at least I do… any way
This pepper is a Cross, intentionally, and manually was created by using the Bhut Jolokia Red as female host for the Trinidad scorpion Butch T pollinate, the results are:
Productive plant that produces MANY pods just like the mother plant Bhut Jolokia Red
Pods have characteristics of, Strong, Naga, Bhut (Indian flavor) and scorpion (Trinidad) smell and taste
Heat: MUCH hotter than the Bhut Jolokia red, like the Butch T in heat.
When you cut Bhut Jolokia you don’t see the placenta there like the Butch T, or 7 PODS,well in this new Cross that’s all what you see it a thick placenta with A LOT of capsicum oil contained in that placenta like bubbles.
Now let’s start the fight and the argument about the “NAME” if you have a child no one can force you to give him/her certain name.. it’s your baby you can name it hell… well but at least chose a good name that means/reflects something. This is the case of this new variety that I will have to test and retest before I even offer or share.
Well here is what happened
Bhut Jolokia + Trinidad Scorpion BT. = Bhut Scorpion
India + Trinidad = Trindia
Trinida (Bhut X scorpion): is a cross breed made from pollination between previous world hottest pepper (Bhut Jolokia) and the current world record holder Trinidad scorpion Butch T. We are not claiming its Hotter, Better, tastier.. Or any other ….er … all what we say this is a project we worked on and it’s up to you if you like, want to try it… or you just simply think its waste of time…
This pepper will not be available for share or sale until next season.

hpim3249.jpg

hpim3250.jpg

hpim3262.jpg

hpim3264.jpg

hpim3265.jpg

hpim3268.jpg

hpim3269.jpg

hpim3271.jpg

hpim3280.jpg

hpim3287x.jpg

I love monsters natural or created, nice looking pod, it will be on my list, I think I want to try the yellow brain anyway

Beautiful creation Judy

Chad

I love monsters natural or created, nice looking pod, it will be on my list, I think I want to try the yellow brain anyway

Beautiful creation Judy

Chad

thanks chad nice from you..
here is a glade person..
no one mad yet ..
no one says no... the name sounds too fake.. :rolleyes:

great job Judy, this post and the early posts shows how you are different then most other seeds suppliers.... you know, green hair, large nose, buggy eyes and sharp teeth - just kidding!(on the appearance that is!).

i think perhaps you should also add in a postfix on the name, to distinguish it even further, like putting your trademark on the product.

Trinidad Scorpian ButchT really distinguishes Butch's product, or 7 pod Brain Strain, Barackpore etc.(you can't argue where they came from).

Bhut Scorpian JuTy (just messing with you there) Judy or Tennessee or even regionalize it more, why you could go right down to street level. The point being, it separates India & Trinidad and lets growers know, this is a product of USA or at least a product of manipulation. Still keeps its original heritage but then adds some regionalization. kind of like Italian American or Afro American.

Once it is truly stable, it then allows other creative growers to add their flare to it, you know it's going to happen.

Just a thought.

F1s looks great but they likely won't look or grow the same in future generations.
My naga X scorpion crosses seemed much more impressive in the f1 year, very much like the pics above. I guess I should have grown more f2s to choose from.

Very Nice Judy. I like the name as well.
You could throw in a "PL" at the end so everyone knows that's your monster, just an idea :)

psssst.. you should post pictures more often :D
Very enjoyable.
:cheers:

It doesn't matter to me what it's called, like you said it's your baby call it what you want.

It is one wicked looking beast!

Best of luck getting it stabilized Judy.

Good job Judy, I have a similiar cross, only the otherway around.

I used the the Trinidad scorpion SR as the female host for the Bhut Jolokia Assam pollinate,
I didn't get the tails in mine (none have showed up yet) they resemble more like the bhut,
with thin walls but a more rounder shape and alot mot bumpier
I do have a 7pot/pod jonah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, this one is really knarley and turned out orange

good luck with your hybrids, It's fun documenting the results...

Have you try to get all the pollant from 7 pod, 7 pod yellow, 7 pods brain strain, 7 pod yellow Brain strain, Trinidad Scorpion, Doughlah ,etc in one single mix and try to pollinate the mixed pollant on the pods you want to see of it comes out. Maybe it will be super hot when it gets all the genes from all super hots. Nice looking pepper pods.

That wouldn't work.... a seed gets half its genetic makeup from the mother and only half from the father...not a mix of daddys

That wouldn't work.... a seed gets half its genetic makeup from the mother and only half from the father...not a mix of daddys

LOL I love this^^^^......I am so upset Judy!!.......no....not at all..I thought I would balance out the likes with a little dislike but I cannot tell a lie. The pepper actually looks like it is flipping me the bird...saying "Yeah...F U...try and eat me, I will kick your a**..." lol Very nice job.
dancingpepper.gif

Back