• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Trinidad Scorpion

peppershot020.jpg

Scorpion. Another Pod Shape

I just got some of these in the soil now. It looks like I will have to put a privacy hedge around them. LOL They look HOT

those particuliar pods look incredibly hot.
I have a couple sickly specimens growing hopefully they will comeback and I will get some pods soon.
Great pics I'll pm.

Oh wow!

Awsome.... they look great and sooooo hot.

This is the kind of revolutionary chilli we need growing in australia to increase the diversiry available!.

too many peppers, too little space.

will just have to buy more pots.

cheers

I too will have some in soil soon. Where do they rank as far as heat?

I am making a huge leap this year.

Last year my hottest pepper was an orange hab. This year I have Dorset nagas, naga morich, trinidad scorpion, and red savinas on the menu!

cheezydemon said:
I too will have some in soil soon. Where do they rank as far as heat?

I am making a huge leap this year.

Last year my hottest pepper was an orange hab. This year I have Dorset nagas, naga morich, trinidad scorpion, and red savinas on the menu!

one million SHU

Most Nagas (Dorset Naga from Dorset, and Bhut Jolokia from NMSU) are 850,000SHU - 950,000SHU. only the hottest are 1,000,000SHU+. So "NAGA RANGE" is pretty vague.
Remember all statements regarding the heat were based on taste, and not a proper test.
The reason the original taste test was replaced with HPLC, was that heat sensation is relative, and not precise.

If there is a test showing that 1,000,000SHU, than there's a proof.
I'm guessing she's not just assuming the level of heat, but knows it's about the same after comparing the peppers, but... a proper test may, or may not agree with her.
They're smoking hot no doubt, but are they 1,000,000SHU?

who cares about the difference between 900k and 1 milion SHU?

Id say she was relating them to being as hot as a naga........ if i eat one im sure i wont be saying..........oh........ its only 874,588 SHU......its not as hot as a naga!

I dare say i will be in my backyard drooling sweating swearing and posibly even gaging hehe

cant wait to grow some.

cheers

Back