• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippas Organic story of 2012/2013....things could be worse ...

So far my season has gone like this ... goood ... average ... great ... bad .... things are on the up ... and today .... pretty f&^%king annoyed and frustrated ....so many pests ... and the plants are looking much worse then this time last season (when I had no pests to speak of). I had aphids early on during winter ... they were easy to clear off and didn't bother me too much ...

but I have since been having major issues with thrips and broadmites?? (some sort of mite anyway) tiny little buggers which are about the size of a spec of flour (smaller then two spotted or spider mites). So My plants lurch from looking good to looking really terrible and then they bounce back for a while only to be hammered all over again.

Anyway through all of this I am getting some pods to eat so that is a bonus I suppose.

My grow list is as follows

7 pod/pot "Primo" (Junglerain)
Cili Goronong (Junglerain)
Jalapeno "HTM" (Sourced myself)
Prik Luang (Junglerain)
Fatalii (Pepperlover)
Trinidad Seasoning (Pepperlover)
Kerinting (Pepperlover)
Kerinting (Accidental Hybrid Unknown??) (Pepperlover)
2 x Mystery Superhots (1 maybe Trnindad Scorpion "Sunrise"? From Jungle Rain)
Chocolate Bhut (Bonchi)(THSC)
Yellow 7 pot/pod (THSC)
Super Chilli (THSC)
Explosive Ember (THSC)
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend (Junglerain)
Scotch Bonnet TFM (Bonchi)(Junglerain)
Pimenta De Neyde (Soon to be Bonchi)(Junglerain)
Bhut Jolokia 'Assam' (Junglerain)
Bahamian Goat Pepper (Junglerain)
Habanero Chocolate (Bonchi)(Junglerain)
NTR's (THSC)
Douglah 'Alphanerdz strain' (THSC)
Wild Brazil (Pepperlover)
Birdseye HTM (Sourced myself)
Serrano (THSC)
7 Pot (Large) (Pepperlover)
Naga Morich (Pepperlover)
Bonda Ma Jacques (Original seed from THSC but this seed from saved pods from last season)

All of them are strictly organically grown in soil in containers in the limited space of my apartment balcony ...

I am not much of a wordsmith so I usually like to post plenty of pictures of pods (if I have any in the coming months!!) so come and enjoy/share the frustrations of growing in the most pest ridden area in the world :D ... I will post a few photos I shot today later this evening ...

Also thought I would link to my old glog as well just for posterity and self indulgence :) ;) :D

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/26495-trippas-20112012-grow-log/page__st__240

Ex tropical cyclone Oswald currently giving everything around here a mini beating ... torrential rain and some strong winds currently ... meant to last another 12-24 hrs ... then mezo can have his turn... hopefully we don't get the tornados that have been striking north of us

Ex tropical cyclone Oswald currently giving everything around here a mini beating ... torrential rain and some strong winds currently ... meant to last another 12-24 hrs ... then mezo can have his turn... hopefully we don't get the tornados that have been striking north of us
Hoping you and yours makes it thru the storm fine, but it can’t be that bad if you’re still online or are you already on the generator. We’re use to them as well where we live, sometimes da house is full of potted plants and peeps, hehe.

PS hoping the same for you too Mezo :)

Been raining constantly for 24hrs here, thankfully the winds are not to bad at the moment.

M.
Yeah we have had rain for about the last 36 hours but it certainly has got heavier in the past 1-2 hours and stronger winds. Luckily its a north Easter so my plants are semi sheltered. Its will pick up down your way mez soon I would think. Nothing to be concerned about unless you are near a river I wouldn't think

Hoping you and yours makes it thru the storm fine, but it can’t be that bad if you’re still online or are you already on the generator. We’re use to them as well where we live, sometimes da house is full of potted plants and peeps, hehe.

PS hoping the same for you too Mezo :)

Cheers walk good but in all honesty I think the worst of it was felt up north and we are just getting a mini version here. My mates area is all flooded up in gladstone though about 7-8 hours north and its really slow moving so dumping a good amount of rain. Winds are starting to crank here though as I type this

Mez if this gets to you I suggest you tie loose things down ... the winds are starting to get a bit loose!!

Winds are going nuts here too. Blondie just took a dive off the patio and lost a couple branches. :( Butchie is leaning half over but looks like it's just the weight of the rain and no breakage (yet) or anything.

Winds are going nuts here too. Blondie just took a dive off the patio and lost a couple branches. :( Butchie is leaning half over but looks like it's just the weight of the rain and no breakage (yet) or anything.

Hope your plants pull through OK gassy!! One advantage of balcony growing is that they are sheltered from the majority of major storm damage.

Trippa i live on a river bank. :rofl:

Its been rising by the hour, had to grab the water pump late last night but where im camped its high enough where the water can reach, 18 of our baby ducks got washed downstream yesterday & Danny had to go for a paddle in the canoe to find them.

They had gone 2k`s down river but we found them. :party:

Id imagine im cut off by now? happens regularly as the bridges are very low, but as quick as the river rises it falls just as quick.

Mezo.

Trippa i live on a river bank. :rofl:

Its been rising by the hour, had to grab the water pump late last night but where im camped its high enough where the water can reach, 18 of our baby ducks got washed downstream yesterday & Danny had to go for a paddle in the canoe to find them.

They had gone 2k`s down river but we found them. :party:

Id imagine im cut off by now? happens regularly as the bridges are very low, but as quick as the river rises it falls just as quick.

Mezo.
Oh shite hope you are OK then mez!!

Its meant to stick around as its only moving really slowly and high tides are causing havoc on the coast as well.

You at least won't have to worry about the tides mez!

Yeah fast rise..fast receding are more characteristics of the inland rivers and creeks ... all depends how much crap gets washed down into culverts and bridges etc as well

If you look on the radar its actually moving south a lot faster now, i can see there 100k on shore winds at Cape Moreton & the worst is about to hit you any minute now Trips, you have 54K winds coming in your deck (Gold Coast Seaway).

Were not getting the winds just rain, poor old plants are drowned as id imagine Gas`s are.

Mezo.

Were not getting the winds just rain, poor old plants are drowned as id imagine Gas`s are.

I'll deal with the drownage after the winds P.O!! (If it hasn't all gone Mary Poppins by that stage) ;)

IMG_1206.JPG

C'mon Butchie, hang in there!

IMG_1205.JPG

Might have to go out and stake 'im up!

Well our creek has risen at least four meters just this afternoon, my cousin left here late morning back to Brisbane (just in case) when the river rises to the nook of the tree all bridges in both direction are under water, so im officially cut off now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o1Ne1Jecqo&feature=youtu.be

Mezo.

Rain stopped here a while ago now. But yeah, the wind is still fully belting. Looks like all my plants outside are still OK... brought the others inside for nothing! Oh well, still, who knows how long this wind is gonna keep up. Might go out tomorrow and find everything sucked up into the Land of Oz (are we still on tornado alert??).

Yeah still on alert until midday tomorrow at the moment .... I think they are being over cautious though ...hopefully!!

By the way has anyone heard from or seen gnslngr (dave) lately??? Was expecting a package of seed which never arrived and noticed he hasn't been around since the 28th of December??.

By the way has anyone heard from or seen gnslngr (dave) lately???

Dave was going away somewhere from memory? read his last posts he does say where but i forget now.

Were over it here now, did have some strong gust & ive lost some pods but no broken limbs i think? power tripped out at 1.30am so i had to go reset the RCD or id loose all the food in the fridge, water has gotten in somewhere.

Rivers still high though, draining off the mountains still.

Mezo.

Back