• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippaul Threat (PdN x BMJ) Community Grow

This is a dedicated grow log for Tristen's awesome cross, which I
have been growing out since 2014.  I'll start with a bit of history and
some photos documenting what's happened so far.

In January of 2014, Tristen (Trippa) sent me a little care package of seeds.
In the package were two generations of a cross he had made, which he just 
called 'Mystery Cross, F1' and 'Mystery Cross, F2'.  

Here's Trippa's Mystery Cross seedlings in February of 2014:
_DSC1203a_zpscfa08c86.jpg

_DSC1215a_zps824b6b30.jpg

Both generations showing the purple foliage characteristic since the beginning.

Up close look at Trippa's Mystery Crosses, F1 and F2.  Both culled to a single
plant after the photo taken, so I only had one plant of each generation:
_DSC1256a_zps34e3c6e6.jpg

Hello, dedicated cultivators!

I was waaay late to this game with germination around June. I ran out of room in the garden, so I secretly slipped 4 Purple plants
Into the gf's flower garden. I planted 1 purple & 1 white of Paul's and 2 Kathumby Blacks. No labels or anything. I think I might know which is which now. 2 Kathumby in the back and Paul's up front. And now I THINK the left is Purple with white on the right. I MIGHT get some ripeness......maybe.....

What I think is purple:
1G22zub.jpg

Maybe white:
PHoPi2t.jpg

Got a new pest this season. One that will eat half a plant in one day. Effin Tomato Hornworms. I've never had these before. If you get them, don't squash them.....they splatter everywhere. I put them on a brick in a bucket and drop another brick on them.

Anyway, I found good news yesterday...
3U5EgOY.jpg

:woohoo:

Look at all of those future defenders!!! Way to go Parasitic Wasps!!!!

Dont like hornworms, but I hate to wish that fate
on anything Sorry to hear they have shown
up in your garden.

Glad to see some more pods out there, Adam.
White pods seem scarce, hope you get some.
Even your F7 white seed plant threw violet pods
for me!

I will be sending you some of the seeds from that
plant, by the way. If you see anything else on my
pages that you would like, give a shout!

Bhuter said:
Hello, dedicated cultivators!

I was waaay late to this game with germination around June. I ran out of room in the garden, so I secretly slipped 4 Purple plants
Into the gf's flower garden. I planted 1 purple & 1 white of Paul's and 2 Kathumby Blacks. No labels or anything. I think I might know which is which now. 2 Kathumby in the back and Paul's up front. And now I THINK the left is Purple with white on the right. I MIGHT get some ripeness......maybe.....

What I think is purple:
1G22zub.jpg

Maybe white:
PHoPi2t.jpg

Got a new pest this season. One that will eat half a plant in one day. Effin Tomato Hornworms. I've never had these before. If you get them, don't squash them.....they splatter everywhere. I put them on a brick in a bucket and drop another brick on them.

Anyway, I found good news yesterday...
3U5EgOY.jpg

:woohoo:

Look at all of those future defenders!!! Way to go Parasitic Wasps!!!!
I have still never seen a hornworm with the wasp eggs in person. I hate those stupid worms.

BDASPNY said:
my plants are loaded and picked some this weekend.

YGf2muF.jpg

3PxrIKg.jpg

rN9Oit4.jpg

I should of got a closer picture before cutting and drying,  you can see them on the left.
SQGLj8k.jpg
Holy *BLANK*!!!
You're killing it this year! You've got some fantastic colors and those white pods....actually ARE WHITE!!!! My white pods are ALWAYS yellow.

Very nice Crowns and all the Jals!!!!

If I didn't have enough pods myself, I'd ask to place an order. Lol.

I love your garden this season! Fantastic work!!!

-Adam

EDIT:
Bottom right....are those Peach Scorpions? How are those? I have seeds, just haven't grown them...if that's what they are. Judy's Peach Scorpion is what I have.

Bhuter said:
Holy *BLANK*!!!
You're killing it this year! You've got some fantastic colors and those white pods....actually ARE WHITE!!!! My white pods are ALWAYS yellow.

Very nice Crowns and all the Jals!!!!

If I didn't have enough pods myself, I'd ask to place an order. Lol.

I love your garden this season! Fantastic work!!!

-Adam

EDIT:
Bottom right....are those Peach Scorpions? How are those? I have seeds, just haven't grown them...if that's what they are. Judy's Peach Scorpion is what I have.
thanks for the kind words. :D been working hard on them to produce.

bottom right are sugar rush cream.  not nearly as  exciting as anything scorpion.lol that type is on my list to try as I haven't before.

ive got so many ive trying to figure out which direction to go.  also have close to ten sauces fermenting.  if I don't sell more its likely ill more to drying and powders,

I got many white pods finally but did get a few yellow as well.  so many on the plant now hoping the weather allows them to ripen.

Pepper-Guru said:
Beautiful dried colors!

Drying the pods at low temps really does
preserve the pod color nicely, but takes forever!

BDASPNY said:
my plants are loaded and picked some this weekend.
I should of got a closer picture before cutting and drying,  you can see them on the left.
SQGLj8k.jpg
Beautiful white pods, Scott! Seems to be a rare find!

BDASPNY said:

im hoping they produce the same next year. since all my pods from three plants have all been white.
:shocked:  :eek:  :party:

BDASPNY said:

yea I was hoping for one of three to be white, but got lucky all three are.   def saving seeds from them for next year.

Save a ton, brother, I have a feeling they will be in demand!

PaulG said:
You will, for sure, and maybe I I can return the favor!
I am going to post a list of seed availability
very soon

im looking forward to it!

I want to try those tomato's we talked about earlier.  btw that cal mag really works. I just picked a dozen last weekend.

Back