• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2017 glog

Stage 01: Selecting seeds for this season's grow is a hassle. Cutting back a little for sure. If I can.

selecting18012017.jpg

Plan is to sow them sometime around 25th next week.

Nice work, Uros - some great pods there even with
the hullabaloo of house remodeling going on!

Is your Red Habanero a Jamaican?  They look like the
nice, big blocky pods the JA Red habanero from Scott/Ramon
throw out.  I find them quite hot.

Nice to see the Bonnets turning for you; mine just started
a few days ago.

PaulG said:
Nice work, Uros - some great pods there even with
the hullabaloo of house remodeling going on!

Is your Red Habanero a Jamaican?  They look like the
nice, big blocky pods the JA Red habanero from Scott/Ramon
throw out.  I find them quite hot.

Nice to see the Bonnets turning for you; mine just started
a few days ago.
Thanks Paul.
I think that one is a cross of somekind (arent they all) :)
I have it marked somewhere but have to find where. I lost a few things.. Well,not lost just don't know where I stashed a few things.

The bonnets will be tasty for sure. Can't wait to try one.

Nice Pics, Uros ,     :party:
tsurrie said:
I've picked some plums yesterday... they're tasty and pretty much everything that was left growing among the fruit trees when the frost hit during the spring...
plums01092017.jpg

Also picked a bunch of kapijas and some others... they're so juicy and thick walled it's a pity I have to put about half of them in the freezer. But they will come handy during the winter...
kapijepaprike01092017.jpg

Peppers in pots are ripening faster these days...
Scotch Bonnet was just starting to turn the other day
scotchb01092017.jpg

Habanero... i think this one is crossed with Adjoema, similar taste, similar heat
habaneroadjoema01092017.jpg

This one is much hotter and a lot more fruitier.. reminds me a bit of Jolokia, but more towards the habanero's.....
hotpepperplant01092017.jpg

That's the one from two pics back.... it's delicious :)
adjoema01092017.jpg

adjoemab01092017.jpg

tsurrie said:
I've picked some plums yesterday... they're tasty and pretty much everything that was left growing among the fruit trees when the frost hit during the spring...
plums01092017.jpg

Also picked a bunch of kapijas and some others... they're so juicy and thick walled it's a pity I have to put about half of them in the freezer. But they will come handy during the winter...

scotchb01092017.jpg

Habanero... i think this one is crossed with Adjoema, similar taste, similar heat

This one is much hotter and a lot more fruitier.. reminds me a bit of Jolokia, but more towards the habanero's.....

adjoema01092017.jpg

adjoemab01092017.jpg
You're no slouch with your harvesting either my friend. :metal:

What's your use of choice for those plums? It's nice to see all that color in your chile garden after the rain and cold this spring. Keep 'em rolling Uros. [emoji41]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

tsurrie said:
plums01092017.jpg

scotchb01092017.jpg

adjoema01092017.jpg

adjoemab01092017.jpg

What's your use of choice for those plums? It's nice to see all that color in your chile garden after the rain and cold this spring. Keep 'em rolling Uros. [emoji41]

stickman said:

Thanks Rick, I just got lucky plants were taken care by the weather :)

Well, we're eating them and will use some for a few jars of jam....

Essegi said:
All great pics, peppers, vegetables, mtb and all!
I have some similar plums, they produced at first like crazy but not many reached the end.

Thanks Giancarlo! Plums are all over by now and the only fruit (not counting peppers) that will need to be picked are a few apples.

Been trying to use as much peppers as I can lately... so I've been tasting them, putting them in sandwiches, on a pizza....
This Scotch Bonnet was delicious the other day....
sb0010092017.jpg

sb0110092017.jpg

We made some burgers for lunch during the week....
burgers09092017.jpg

burgers109092017.jpg

Sliced habanero inside... checked
burgers209092017.jpg

Quite good...
burgers309092017.jpg

Today I'm dehydrating some Cayenne's, Gochus and other milder ones for milder powder... there are a few hotter ones in there too.
dehydrating16092017.jpg

Devv said:
Yum, that burger is killer Uros!

Nice looking Bonnet, they're one of my favorites ;)

And good on ya for drying the goodies, rewards will last all winter long :P

Thanks Scott, it was good, just a little small :)

Lots of rain the last week... so mushrooms are really starting to pop out....
.... this is the result of our short walk through the woods today.... they smell so good....

mushrooms17092017.jpg

Been checking on some peppers while putting away some plants on the garden. Damn the fall came quickly this year, it's almost as if someone pulled the switch on 1st of september, it got cold and the weather changed... I'm putting away tomatos and some of the peppers. I used to do that in mid october....

potted peppers are under the roof beside that old house... they'll need to be picked soon
habaneroish23092017.jpg

nice loaded plant on the garden
yellow23092017.jpg

Rocoto got quite big, but I doubt it will get a chance to ripe... judging by the weather. Shit I had dirty hands from all the pulling...
rocoto23092017.jpg

Nice pod pics! Hoping the Rocoto has the time :P

Dirty hands= a working persons hands ;)  I used to work on cars (for 25 years) I know dirty hands!

Devv said:
Nice pod pics! Hoping the Rocoto has the time :P

Dirty hands= a working persons hands ;)  I used to work on cars (for 25 years) I know dirty hands!

I'm hoping for Rocoto to ripe too. I have another plant by my father in law, in a pot - that one will make it for sure.
Yeah I know dirty hands too, been working in logistics for a metal company a few years back and I've moved a lot of pieces, mostly soaked in anti corrosive solution, so dirty, oily hands is what I'm used to. Not so much these days, but I rarely use gloves and never use them on the garden. Especially I like the feeling of the soil in the spring :party:

Thanks for stopping by Scott.

Beautiful pods Uros!

Mine are just getting their second wind. I have until we get a frost. Usually in mid January..or whenever mother nature decides ;)

Sorry to hear the weather chilled for you so early Uros, but it looks like you got enough ripe pods for a decent harvest. I use the unripe pods in salsas, curries, spaghetti sauce and relishes... It's all good, eh?

Thanks all for stopping by.

This was my yesterdays dinner.... scrambled eggs on onion with chanterelles, a bit of thyme, black pepper and a slice of gauda. Combined with a little habanero chocolate, that was awesome!
eggs08102017.jpg

Quite a kick in that little hab...
habchoco08102017.jpg

Will have a harvest later today if time permits... cant wait to see those peppers piled up.
Peace!

Back