• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2017 glog

Stage 01: Selecting seeds for this season's grow is a hassle. Cutting back a little for sure. If I can.

selecting18012017.jpg

Plan is to sow them sometime around 25th next week.

Devv said:
Wow! Just amazing what they did to the house. And I too am glad the weather was in your favor during the work!

Good to hear the plants are putting pods on too ;)
Thank you. We're chilling out by the sea at the moment, having a well deserved vacation. The weather is hot and sunny. The wife and kids are asleep and I'm enjoying a cold one with cricket sounds and some live music from a bar far away. They are playing JJ Cale now and it sounds good but I'm too lazy to go see it from closer :)
Yup, not having a bad time at all.

Thanks for coming by and good luck.

Beautiful remodel on your house, Uros!  That will be a
real pleasure to relax in when it's all finished!

Your container plants look good - here's hoping for
some serious poddage for you as the season rolls on...

How's the weather holding for you?

PaulG said:
Beautiful remodel on your house, Uros!  That will be a
real pleasure to relax in when it's all finished!

Your container plants look good - here's hoping for
some serious poddage for you as the season rolls on...

How's the weather holding for you?
Thank you Paul.

The work at the house is coming along just fine. After we get back from vacation we need to repaint the rooms and that's it for the inside. The outside will need a little more work but it's almost finished too.

The weather is holding for now but it's very hot. I hope my father will water the plants enough this week. It's the heat I'm worried about, they say that the temps tommorow can reach up to 40 C.

Take care Paul and thanks for stopping by.

Devv said:
Wow that's hot! Even for us here. That's everyday watering.

Good luck and enjoy that vacation!

Thank you. It was hot and now these days 30° feels like heaven :)

We're now back a couple of days doing some more work in the house.
Checked on the garden and beside weeds,
veggies are growing too.
Picked some giant cucumbers and zucchinis and then headed to the peppers/tomatoes area...

AS chili
as08082017.jpg

Rocoto seems to love the garden so I'm planting them in the garden from now on
rocoto08082017.jpg

Rocoto pod
rocotopod08082017.jpg

and as every year I forget something... this is the one I can't remember what could it be...
what08082017.jpg

dark cherry tomato
darkcherrytomato08082017.jpg

Papeletto (very tasty)
papeletto08082017.jpg

some random tomatoes
tomatoes08082017.jpg

also found a lot of Dragonfly cocoons around that old house, already hatched
hatched08082017.jpg

this one was still there - beautiful animal but lousy photo
dragonfly08082017.jpg

And for the end of the day, I tried one of those on the left.... those are supposed to be Chupetinhos, but they are crossed with something for sure. Very hot, much more than Chupetinho but similar taste.
peppers08082017.jpg

The garden looks great Uros!

I just planted the second round of tomatoes today, a bit late, but vacations took over...LOL

It rained 4.5"s while we were away and the dragon flies are everywhere now. Cool pics of the cocoons, never have seen them before. ;)

Devv said:
The garden looks great Uros!

I just planted the second round of tomatoes today, a bit late, but vacations took over...LOL

It rained 4.5"s while we were away and the dragon flies are everywhere now. Cool pics of the cocoons, never have seen them before. ;)
Thank you. Vacation is a priority if you really really need it... I know I enjoyed last week, relaxed family week by the sea... Now another week is running by fast... A lot of things to take care of and maybe we'll go for a hike tomorrow or the day after, and then back to work on wednesday.

Hey, those cocoons are everywhere. Must be 20 or 30 of them. Look for some spots they can hang on close to the water.

tsurrie said:
Thank you. Vacation is a priority if you really really need it... I know I enjoyed last week, relaxed family week by the sea... Now another week is running by fast... A lot of things to take care of and maybe we'll go for a hike tomorrow or the day after, and then back to work on wednesday.

Hey, those cocoons are everywhere. Must be 20 or 30 of them. Look for some spots they can hang on close to the water.

Glad you had a relaxing vacation by the seaside Uros. Boy, those times just seem to fly by don't they...

Your place must be near a pond or stream to have so many Dragonfly larvae shedding their skins there. Y'know, around here they call them "Perch Bugs" and they make some of the best bait for Trout fishing.

Your garden's looking great! Will you be using any of those tomatoes to make hot sauce?

stickman said:

Glad you had a relaxing vacation by the seaside Uros. Boy, those times just seem to fly by don't they...

Your place must be near a pond or stream to have so many Dragonfly larvae shedding their skins there. Y'know, around here they call them "Perch Bugs" and they make some of the best bait for Trout fishing.

Your garden's looking great! Will you be using any of those tomatoes to make hot sauce?
Oh yes, the time flies by. I'm off to work (back to job) on wednesday, but I had a lot of work this last week here at home.

The larvae should not be hatched yet to use them for trouts, right?

Some of them tomatoes will surely end in a sauce, I'm planning to cook some by the end of the month. Those big juicy ones are the best for that.

Thanks for stopping by Rick.

Trident chilli said:
Great photography Uros ... glad you had a good break
Thank you John.

It seems like we are waiting for this summer break right since when the new years break ends, and vice versa :)

We took advantage the last day of vacation, grandparents took care of the kids...., and went for a little mountainbike tour. It was nice.....

cycling15082017.jpg

cycling15082017b.jpg

Been picking a lot of tomatoes lately and my wife is doing tomato sauce for the winter. Also I will use them for hot sauce's later on....
tomatoes15082017.jpg

Some random score...
melonandstuff15082017.jpg

We went fishing yesterday and tried the stick I bought for the older boy for his birthday...its Caperlan Essential 240 and it works well for a cheap rod....  so here's today lunch...
fish19082017.jpg

Peppers are ripening too.. been snacking on them for a while now and will post a pic or two soon.

the garden.... some cayenne
cayennegarden21082017.jpg

Habanero Orange (the pot on the garden)
haborange21082017.jpg

I think this is Madame jeanette x Goronong
madamegarden21082017.jpg

from the pots at home...
AS chili (need to pickle these, they're great pickled)
aschili21082017.jpg

habaneropot21082017.jpg

waiting for these to turn bright yellow (Fatalii)
fatalii21082017.jpg

tsurrie said:
We took advantage the last day of vacation, grandparents took care of the kids...., and went for a little mountainbike tour. It was nice.....

cycling15082017.jpg

cycling15082017b.jpg

Been picking a lot of tomatoes lately and my wife is doing tomato sauce for the winter. Also I will use them for hot sauce's later on....
tomatoes15082017.jpg

Some random score...
melonandstuff15082017.jpg

We went fishing yesterday and tried the stick I bought for the older boy for his birthday...its Caperlan Essential 240 and it works well for a cheap rod....  so here's today lunch...
fish19082017.jpg

Peppers are ripening too.. been snacking on them for a while now and will post a pic or two soon.

tsurrie said:
the garden.... some cayenne
cayennegarden21082017.jpg

Habanero Orange (the pot on the garden)
haborange21082017.jpg

I think this is Madame jeanette x Goronong
madamegarden21082017.jpg

from the pots at home...
AS chili (need to pickle these, they're great pickled)
aschili21082017.jpg

habaneropot21082017.jpg

waiting for these to turn bright yellow (Fatalii)
fatalii21082017.jpg

Great pastiche Uros! Fresh peppers, veggies and fruit, fresh-caught trout and great scenery are really hard to beat! Did you catch those trout on Perch Bugs? ;)

stickman said:

Great pastiche Uros! Fresh peppers, veggies and fruit, fresh-caught trout and great scenery are really hard to beat! Did you catch those trout on Perch Bugs? ;)
Thank you Rick. Dragonflies are already flying if you know what I mean. I used sweet corn and they seem to like it.

Devv said:
Rick said it perfectly ;)

Nice to see the harvests! Good for you!
Thank you Scott. They were neglected this summer, but they will produce some fruit nontheless.

Datil said:
Lovely colors! Great job on that roof :clap:
Thank you Fabrizio. The roof is holding and we're almost done with the interior too. Can't wait to focus on something else after all this.

Welcome back, Uros!  Your grow is looking good.  
Seems like it fared pretty well in your absence.

Hope you get a chance to relax when the remodel is all done.
Then you can devote your time and energy to the peppers!

PaulG said:
Welcome back, Uros!  Your grow is looking good.  
Seems like it fared pretty well in your absence.

Hope you get a chance to relax when the remodel is all done.
Then you can devote your time and energy to the peppers!

Thank you Paul.

You're right..... I can't wait to focus on something else after all of this. The kids, the wife and the peppers also need my attention :) And a lot of energy :)

___

We went for a ride yesterday morning... another great mountain bike ride... wife needed a chill on the last uphill
mtbiking26082017.jpg

Tried this one during the supper and it is very tasty with a nice kick in the throat -  the flavor reminds me a bit of Scotch Bonnet.
Should be Madame Jeanette x Malaysian Goronong.... but I think this one has more Madame Jeannette in it that the other one.

mdmjeane26082017.jpg

mdmjean26082017.jpg

That's it for today... the weather is beautiful today so we're going out to get some sun. Some rain on the forecast for tomorrow...

Have a nice Sunday y'all !!!

I've picked some plums yesterday... they're tasty and pretty much everything that was left growing among the fruit trees when the frost hit during the spring...
plums01092017.jpg

Also picked a bunch of kapijas and some others... they're so juicy and thick walled it's a pity I have to put about half of them in the freezer. But they will come handy during the winter...
kapijepaprike01092017.jpg

Peppers in pots are ripening faster these days...
Scotch Bonnet was just starting to turn the other day
scotchb01092017.jpg

Habanero... i think this one is crossed with Adjoema, similar taste, similar heat
habaneroadjoema01092017.jpg

This one is much hotter and a lot more fruitier.. reminds me a bit of Jolokia, but more towards the habanero's.....
hotpepperplant01092017.jpg

That's the one from two pics back.... it's delicious :)
adjoema01092017.jpg

adjoemab01092017.jpg

Back