• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tybo2021

I wanted to get these photos of some peppers Ive got growing inside posted and figured I'd include them in my 2021 grow log since they are gonna be around for awhile.  These are three of the Scarlett's Chilli X Poblano.  I liked the taste of the F1's and I interested to see what becomes of the F2's.  I got the F1 seeds from PollenNut and posted those photo's in his original topic here:http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73286-f1bc1-free-seed-being-offered/page-8#entry1705015
I started the three of these at the end of October.  Wish I could have started more since these are the F2's but I'm limited on space inside.  (Reserving space for the seed starts of my main grow)

Here are a couple of shots of two of them in the Grodan cubes.  Two of them germinated in about 2 weeks.  There is a seed in the middle that hasn't popped yet but after ~4weeks it did sprout.

SxP new.jpeg

I took this pic about 9pm showing how the leaves curl up after being under the lights for 16 hours.  I noticed this last year with my seed starts.  First thing in the morning the leaves are in the normal position and stay that way all day.  I figure that they are done with the light for the day and "raise" their leaves to limit exposure?

SxP start.jpeg

The next pics are after I up potted them.  The late arrival went into a solo cup and the first ones got larger digs for now.
The late arrival
Late.jpeg

And the first sprouts.  I included both pics even though they look about the same.

Potup.jpeg

Potup2.jpeg

And todays pics.  The late arrival is showing one leaf that looks "different".  It looks like it is variegated.  Or maybe something wrong.  Hard to tell for sure right now but maybe in another week or two it will be more evident.

Latevar?.jpeg

The first sprouts.  Growing nicely.

SxP12:17.jpeg

SxP12:17:20.jpeg

That's it for now.  I'm still deciding on what to grow this coming season.  I have a list going that is ever changing.  Some of my picks are definates and others get added and taken away.  There's still time to decide though.  I've been pretty busy trying to update my other hobby which is beekeeping.  This year I am going to start using smaller hive boxes so Ive been busy building new ones!  It's supposed to be cheaper than buying them pre made but WOW!  Lumber prices have almost quadrupled this year.  The price we pay for hobbies!

Take care

Well, I'm off to see why my pics won't upload.  I haven't changed anything so it's kinda strange. :crazy: The error says "Max. single file size: 100MB".  Pic info only shows 2.1MB.  Go figure.  Here is the error I get:

Error This upload failed

Attach Files     You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 100MB)
Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

If anyone has any idea what's going on, let me know.  Thanks

Well, I give up!  At least for now.  Photos won't upload.  Nothing has changed on this end.  It's a puzzle.  Glog is on hold indefinitely.

Pepper Merchant said:
I had the same issue just over a hour ago however it seems to have worked itself out.

I've been trying since last night.  No luck.  I'll try again later.

Tybo said:

Well, I'm off to see why my pics won't upload.  I haven't changed anything so it's kinda strange. :crazy: The error says "Max. single file size: 100MB".  Pic info only shows 2.1MB.  Go figure.  Here is the error I get:

Error This upload failed

Attach Files     You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 100MB)
Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

If anyone has any idea what's going on, let me know.  Thanks

Well, I give up!  At least for now.  Photos won't upload.  Nothing has changed on this end.  It's a puzzle.  Glog is on hold indefinitely.

Don't give up Tybo... ever since I hit my limit I set up an account at imgur.com and it makes posting pics a breeze. You do have to go to another website, but don't have to worry about file size limits...

I have a vague memory of encountering this very same issue somewhere, somewhen. Lately, though, everything has been working okay. Your input interface should look like this, I think.

Screenshot_20210130-195341.png

If yours is saying, "You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed", and your membership is paid up, that seems like something you'll have to take up with the boss man.

And as DontPanic says, maybe it has something to do with the impending site update.

CaneDog said:
Going to have to up your game, Tybo!
Not so sure upping my game is an option anymore!
The sad thing is that I did get an email from THP that was my "invoice" for my extreme membership renewal. I assumed it was auto renew like some other memberships I have. Amazon prime for example. My bust though!

Oh, man, some days nothing goes ritht  :D

I wanted to post these updates on the Scarletts Chilli X Pablano plants.  They are coming along good although the variegated plant is lagging.  Looks healthy though.
Here is a shot from above of the variegated plant.  It's just now starting to bloom.  Not quite open yet.

oUtSGeb.jpg

Another of the Scarletts cross has a couple of small peppers

3pZVN2u.jpg

I decided to start some more seeds so I used all the rockwool cubes I had left  and planted Rocoto Montufar and Manzano seeds for my Pubes.  These came from Fatalii net.   Only 1 frutescens, the Mozambique Piri Piri from ChiliChump.  Baccatum's are the Sugar Rush Stripey and Aji Amarillo from Fatalii,  and the last one for my cubes is a chinense from CaneDog, the Aji Panca.
J2jPJco.jpg

And since I was on a roll, I decided to drop some chinense seeds.  I didnt have anymore rock wool cubes so I used some potting mix I had from last year.  

rhWKZgA.jpg

I thought I would have the rockwool cubes I ordered come in today but they didnt show.  Maybe tomorrow.  I still have quite a few more seeds to start.

Thanks HM for the tips on using Imgur.  Although now I have to figure out why they are so freaking large!  Im gonna wait until after the site "update" to decide whether to upgrade membership again.

Looks like plenty happening, Tybo.  No compression of the pictures because they're hot-linked versus uploaded.  Great detail when you click on them for the full full-res version.

Looks like the pod on the Scarlett's cross without variegated foliage may be variegated.  Is that what it looks like in person?

CaneDog said:
Looks like plenty happening, Tybo.  No compression of the pictures because they're hot-linked versus uploaded.  Great detail when you click on them for the full full-res version.

Looks like the pod on the Scarlett's cross without variegated foliage may be variegated.  Is that what it looks like in person?

No the pod isn't variegated.  It must just be the light reflection.  Here is another pic.  Oh, and thanks for the info about the compression.  You're right.......I need to up my game, huh?

seR6xen.jpg

A little update

Checked on the starts a while ago and I see some action.
Looks like the galapagoense is about to peek through.  Seeds from CaneDog last season.  Thanks CD.
ZTXggtG.jpg

This Rocoto Montufar is gonna be up soon.  Upper right corner in this cube.
ox704U7.jpg

Same for this Sugar Rush Stripey
PbYNRW2.jpg

Trying a seed soak in some KNO3.  Added 1 gram of potassium nitrate to 1000ml distilled water this morning, added the seeds and plan to let them soak for about 8 hours then drop them in some rock wool cubes.  I ordered the cubes without the wrap this time and put them in this grodan grow-smart tray.  This will be the first year using them so we'll see how it works out.  Here the cubes are ready for the seeds once time is up in the KNO3 baths.

fZXXJvI.jpg

Well done, Ty!   :cheers:

The rockwool cubes are working great for you.
I like the fact you can see the seed germinate
and develop the hook.

Back