• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Typical Output of a Fatalii?

Hey everybody!

To anyone who grows Fatalii's...

What is the average amount you get per season from one plant?

Thanks!

Hard to say, really. Last year, out of one plant, I would say I got around 100. That was in the ground. And around here, pots are better than in the ground.

Depends on container size, they are very productive in larger pots. If you have around twenty gallons you can expect a tree.
They love love. Five gallon where i am will produce about 150 pods no problem

Pepp3rfreak lives a few streets over and got around 150 off of each plant last year if I remember correctly(in the ground). I can't wait until this years harvest. I have 14 in my front round bed and 3 5gal buckets with plants in them.

I had over 50 full size pods from this tiny little plant, check it out.

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

millworkman, I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I get from seeing the pics you posted above.

I had a Fatalii last year that was about 3 times bigger than the plant you showed and it produced 3 pods during the season!!!

How do you make them behave like that???

Bleash

I really cannot answer that Bleash, mainly because I think it has a lot to do with plant genetics. Some plants are just not as good producers as others. Also, this thing had to get watered twice a day most days during the extreme heat of summer and I was feeding it at least 3 times a week. I have a couple other plants this year that I am trying to replicate this with in smaller 16oz. drink cups so we will see if I am successful.

Ah, its seems like the problem might be that I don't feed my plants often enough.
I give them good quality soil but after that I only feed them once or twice a season.

I'm gonna start paying close attention to this and see if I notice any diferences.

thanks mill.

Bleash

Bleash, I only fed that plant so often because it was in such a small pot and was still growing and producing pods. With the potting mix that I make and use I only feed the plants maybe once the entire grow season, from may till november.

I'd have to agree with genetics too. I had two plants from different seed sources, one was very prolific and started producing earlier than the other plant.

From what I see my plants main problem is that the fruits don't settle.

They give me lots of flowers but almost all drop-off after 2 to 3 days.
I mean 3 fruits in a season from a medium sized plant?!!!

And I'm having the same problem right now with a Douglah and a Cardi...

I can only see two possibilities, nutrient problems ( they look OK and are growing fast) or lack of enough sunlight.
Nutrient problems would be easier to solve.

Could there be another explanation? 3 plants doing the same makes me believe its not a genetic problem.

Bleash

Its likely not nutrients unless you're feeding them too much. Personally I've had fairly good success doing a test using only well water and no additional nutrients. Its suprising how little nutrients chiles really need.

Thanks guys.

I'm gonna put my plants in a water diet until they start giving me some pods. :)
Hope it doesn't take too long.

Bleash

+2 on the feeding thing. In 7 or so years of growing, I've yet to see a pepper plant that could take much more than half strength when it came to food and even that level took careful, gradual dosing. The plants that recieved much less produced as much or more pods too. The best "additive" i've seen thus far has been epsom salt, bonemeal and unsulphered malasses and even these in small amounts.

....yea, I play around a little bit when it comes to nutes.

Back