• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Unofficial Rules for Cooking and Posting on THP

JUST SAY NO

11174812_1382388821777607_874656423441551883_n_zpsbtrwet6n.jpg

No Belgian beer with tacos EVER! Cheap Mexican swill ONLY! (author: JayT - The one who has no rules) :lol:

Rule 614.9-B  Toasting bread or rolls:

Burgers, subs, rolls toasty inside

Cold sammie nuffin

Hot sammie, toasty outside

Bahn mi crusty outside

Rule #225J

JayT said:
Sous vide and searzall is a lazy way out of real bbq.  No offence to you GM, but that is what I am the whole bbq world would tell you.  It may give you the tenderness and the crust that you are looking for, but if you take a real deal bbq and compare, it will come up lacking.  I understand your work situation and why you do what you do.  I also love the product that you have brought in, but if you take the time to cook it the right way, you will fall in love and understand what real bbq is.

JayT said:
1. Must take pics. No pics, didn't happen
3. No sissy drinks like fruit juices and vodka, except orange juice because that has a cool name.
Awe - Grayhound is a pretty cool name for a drink. And so delicious too. :dance:
JayT said:
Rule #322.7-9

Asparagus may NEVER be served with a bacon cheeseburger.
What about grilled teriyaki asparagus on a bacon cheeseburger?

Rule 3.47325 - section "Alcohol & Cooking"

If you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it.

grantmichaels said:

Yes, per JayT, you can never braise BBQ ...

Midwest has a lot of places that boil their ribs.  they come out 'fall off the bone tender' and many people like em that way.  I'm a crusty sumbitch and I like my crunch, so I don't foil my ribs (foil the wife n kids tho!).  I'm certain that if you SV ribs and then finish in a hot grill (indirect heat) you could crisp the outsides pretty good and the results would be similar.  Won't be what you'd got off the smoker, but it would certainly hit the right notes.  Throw a lil liquid smoke in your bbq sauce and most wouldn't know.

The SV food is flavorful, but requires the post-processing to enhance the texture and appearance.

I need to deploy the chamber vac before JHP uses his slicer, or I'll get guilty, lol ...

Back