food Veggie Fest # 1

Will definitely be cooking MEAT that weekend.

salsalady said:
May 28-may31 weekend is Memorial Day weekend, if that matters one way or the other.

Hmmm... I don't know. Only the voting will be done on those days (entries close on the 28th). Will this be a problem for anyone?

And seriously, I gotta ask, are some of you folks really so against a vegetarian-style competition or is it just ribbing?

gasificada said:
And seriously, I gotta ask, are some of you folks really so against a vegetarian-style competition or is it just ribbing?
Mmmmm ribs.

texas blues said:
I have several vegetarian friends. I don't know why but they are always sick with something. Really.

Intresting point.

What I never understood about my vegetarian friends was that they always seemed to want to announce to everyone that they were vegetarians......like it was some higher level of social status. I never ever remember declaring to a crowd of people, nor felt it vital to proclaim that I ate meat.

paulky_2000 said:
Intresting point.

What I never understood about my vegetarian friends was that they always seemed to want to announce to everyone that they were vegetarians......like it was some higher level of social status. I never ever remember declaring to a crowd of people, nor felt it vital to proclaim that I ate meat.
That's called coming out of the pantry. Please have some sensitivity.

the people who have posted more messages on this thread (and every other like this) than the people actually interested, even though they 'supposedly' don't care about it. why else would they be on here? They have to make their comments over and over and over, for some reason. I guess it makes them feel better.

Ballzworth said:
the people who have posted more messages on this thread (and every other like this) than the people actually interested, even though they 'supposedly' don't care about it. why else would they be on here? They have to make their comments over and over and over, for some reason. I guess it makes them feel better.

I can see your point.

well, THAT was a crazy little derailment..........

but BACK ON TOPIC~~~~~~

I'm planning on kicking it up a LITTLE with chipotles. You'll see when the recipe is posted why it's only a little........

pasta, chipotle, Ranch Dressing...............

You have mini chipotles or something? :lol:

ok so its settled then.. the first Veggie Fest main ingredient will be ..... STEAK! lol just kidding, but seriously count me in whether or not meat is an option I like the throwdowns and I just like to cook up some goodness :) (and yes you can count my other posts as just drunken ribbing) :D

NJA I have a stupid question. Do we have to use veggies? Or can we use all fruit only?

Back