food Veggie Fest # 1

thehotpepper.com said:
I need to use chicken stock is that okay?

NO! chicken stock is made from full grown chickens , apparently only chicken embryos and fetuses are allowed, you know the ones that have not had a chance to experience life yet , sorry had to say it.
I think as long as the official throwdowns can continue to be themed in such a way like "burgers, pasta, sandwich, casserole, etc.." then we should all be able to compete together. but then again everyone is entitled to there own thang , but it would be cool to have veggie and non-veggie dishes all up for the crown, after all from what I have seen its been pretty much presentation that seems to be the winning factor not necessarily whether its meat or not.

I dunno Im pretty f'in drunk at atm lol so just ignore me.

Actually chickens lay eggs all the time, they are unfertilized, not baby chickens. They just lay them naturally.

thehotpepper.com said:
Actually chickens lay eggs all the time, they are unfertilized, not baby chickens. They just lay them naturally.

true, but I did crack an egg once that actually had a partially formed chicken in it. and actualy if they were in there natural environ then those eggs would be fertilized only reason they arent is cause the farmers dont let it happen, hey I'm drunk its friday what do ya expect lol :D

Whew! finally getting caught up on all the veggie smack-talking.

So, the first event is a veggie open-class event. VeggieFest sounds good.

JMHO, I feel like I could participate in another fun get-together (aka- online cooking challenge) maybe 3-4 times a year. So a quarterly VeggieFest or even a Tri-Yearly is a good "added fun" event. I know I wouldn't be able to do a monthly thing for an extra event. It is fun making and sharing food with other crazy chileheads. Some times the outlaws.....I MEAN..... INlaws just don't get that whole chile thang.

salsalady said:
Whew! finally getting caught up on all the veggie smack-talking.

So, the first event is a veggie open-class event. VeggieFest sounds good.

JMHO, I feel like I could participate in another fun get-together (aka- online cooking challenge) maybe 3-4 times a year. So a quarterly VeggieFest or even a Tri-Yearly is a good "added fun" event. I know I wouldn't be able to do a monthly thing for an extra event. It is fun making and sharing food with other crazy chileheads. Some times the outlaws.....I MEAN..... INlaws just don't get that whole chile thang.

Aye, I can't see the Veggie Fest turning into a monthly event either but I would definitely love to see it happen a few times a year! I love the way you called it an "added fun" event... that is the way I envision it too.

Whether it will happen again all depends on how successful the first one is.

Here's an off the wall question, Maybe have to be directed to the Boss-

Original "rules" for the VeggieFest asked everyone to include their actual recipe. The recipe I'm thinking about sharing is already multiplied out for different size groups and I have it in a table format in a MS Word document. Is it possible to insert the table/grid-formatted recipe so others can just copy and paste the recipe for their own use?

OK, Pauly,

I'll take on your celery and peanut butter and raise you a celery with Southwest Chipotle Spice cream cheese.
:P

SL-

paulky_2000 said:
May we have more than one entry?

Awesome idea I reckon!

Hows about folks will have a week to get their entries in (Friday 21 May - Friday 28 May) and are allowed two entries. Voting will commence Friday 28 May @ 8:00pm and will close Monday 31 May @ 8:00pm. That's a week to get entries in and three days to vote.

salsalady said:
Here's an off the wall question, Maybe have to be directed to the Boss-

Original "rules" for the VeggieFest asked everyone to include their actual recipe. The recipe I'm thinking about sharing is already multiplied out for different size groups and I have it in a table format in a MS Word document. Is it possible to insert the table/grid-formatted recipe so others can just copy and paste the recipe for their own use?

I do very much like the idea of posting the full recipe but am a little unsure as to whether it should mandatory or not. Everyone will have a week to get entries in so it is surely enough time to write up the recipe, but I don't want anyone to be discouraged to enter as a result of having to include it. What is everyones thought on this? At the very least, I think it should be optional... I'd very much like to see everyone sharing their recipes! :)

As to whether it is possible to insert something into the forum from Word, I do not know. Perhaps you will have to ask the Boss this one. (Just don't tell him it is for the Veggie Fest or it might make him cranky that we are bothering him! lol)

May 28-may31 weekend is Memorial Day weekend, if that matters one way or the other.

Back