food VEGGIE FEST - Post entries here!

Paulky FTW!!11!1!1!1!!!!!

Dude, seriously nice eats, great photo work and presentation. How'd the chicken'not taste?

p.s. Did you survive not eating meat...? :rofl: This veggie stuff is not all that bad :D

I's gonna enter but... :insert random excuse: lol

Deathtosnails said:
Paulky FTW!!11!1!1!1!!!!!

Dude, seriously nice eats, great photo work and presentation. How'd the chicken'not taste?

p.s. Did you survive not eating meat...? :rofl: This veggie stuff is not all that bad :D

I's gonna enter but... :insert random excuse: lol

Thanks, man! Coming from you, that's quite the compliment!

The "Chick'n" was actually pretty good. I don't think it was meant to stand alone, but it did quite well inside a popper! The mushrooms were out of this world good. I will me doing them both again soon!

salsalady said:
yea, Mel! Cheese under the broiler...always a good thing!

And NJA's fritters look really yummy also. That sounds like a perfect street vendor food.

Getting some great entries.

Gassy? Where's yours?

salsalady,

Actually speaking, I wanted to bring a new perspective to usual things people prepare over here. There is something more to Dal than just sauce .
Poppers always does not mean what western people are used to. Fritters can be made from a lot of things.
Same way, Tadka Dal does not always mean any single yellow dal.
It can have many permutation combinations.

I would request people to try the new perspective at least once to realize how tasty can such foods be.

NJA

I am going to have to go away now. Just as I have the time and the cash flow to cook, and inspiration to do so, I am on a restricted diet and must not eat peppers (or have alcohol, or soda- but you can pry my coffee mug from my cold dead fingers, I aint giv'n up my coffee). I'll come back when I'm allowed to have food that has flavor.

Celeste, hopefully you can enjoy herbs and spices even without chile heat. If you have a great recipe/dish it would be nice to see it. People can always add their own peppers to whatever degree they choose.

Celeste said:
I am going to have to go away now. Just as I have the time and the cash flow to cook, and inspiration to do so, I am on a restricted diet and must not eat peppers (or have alcohol, or soda- but you can pry my coffee mug from my cold dead fingers, I aint giv'n up my coffee). I'll come back when I'm allowed to have food that has flavor.

who is your doctor?

Back