• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

vincent's 2013 season ***10/22/13 SUPER HUGE MEGA 40ish PICTURE UPDATE***

Well well well. Here we are again folks. Spent the last couple days getting everything all set up how i would like it to be (heat mat temps, lights hanging in right position, and the never ending task of finalizing a grow list. But i think ive done it...lol. i will be using a hydrofarm 4ft, 6 bulb, T5 fixture along with a heat mat set to88 F. I did not soak seeds overnight as i did last season so ill see if it makes a difference. Im putting litt. Ms. Oriah down for a nap at the moment but will post the final grow list here shortly

Pics to follow my friends.

Vincent

wahlee76 said:
I noticed the Buth Cajamarca cross. As the Cajamarca was one of my favorites last season, this one should be a fantastic pepper. Does it turn purple at some stage?
No it stays red. I've had a few pods on there for like 3 weeks and they're still red

wahlee76 said:
I noticed the Buth Cajamarca cross. As the Cajamarca was one of my favorites last season, this one should be a fantastic pepper. Does it turn purple at some stage?

Ah yes, I remember that, the Cajamarca gets a little purple sun tan before it ripens...

coheed196 said:

Lol, keeping count?

Hey Sy, Yea its definitely been busy around these parts. Thanks, I just try to keep the happy and healthy and that makes them productive :)

Reaper Plant, fairly large

Oh so many Reaper pods

Chocolate Bhut X Yellow 7. Thing is so loaded down that it lays over sideways even though it has two stakes trying to hold it up

A fraction of the C. Bhut X Yellow 7 pods

Big ol White Bhut

Lots of White Bhuts hanging about

7 Pot  Barrackpore

Barrackpores

Naga Viper

Vipers, I've never grown these, are these the correct pheno?

Just a couple more to go
what size are your bag pots?

newpeppergrower1105 said:
what size are your bag pots?
Mostly 7 gallon, there are a few in 5 gallon. White bhuts, Naga Viper, chocolate bhut X Cajamarca are in 5.theres more than just those but that's all I remember off the top of my head
Barrackpore is a 5 gallon as well

newpeppergrower1105 said:
thanks i was deciding on sizes i dont have luck growing in the ground bugs always get them
No problem, 7 gallon is about all I have space for but bigger is always better. And this is my first year growing any in ground

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Awesome looking plants and pods!
Thanks Joyner.
Threehundredc said:
those plants are blooming nicely lots and lots of peppers
Thanks, yea most of the plants are pretty loaded down
GnomeGrown said:
Damn, that is a whole lotta :hot: pods.

Nice job, Vincent!
:woohoo:
Thank you. As hard as it is to do, I try to leave them alone as much as possible except the watering and let them do their own thing

Sanarda said:
Vincent that is an epic amount of pods there my good man.  Well done.  Maybe I should grow in pots..... HMMMMM
Thanks Pia, it's more pods than I can use, which is why my freezer is getting more full by the day lol. I'veaalways grown in pots until this year. Silver Surfer gave me those plants that are in the ground and they were already pretty mature. Next year I believe I will be growing 80% in ground and just a few of my more rare plants in containers. I like containers cause I can control everything, amount of sun, nutrients, water, ferts, soil composition, everything. But i am definitely looking forward to next year so I can fill that garden up. Sometime after the frost comes IL be getting a few yards of horse poo compost delivered and I'll be mixing it in and adding some topsoil and such. Then I plan on covering the whole thing up with either tarps or black plastic stuff to kill some of the weeds that have started and I have to make the rows and hills and jazz. I didn't have time to do it this year just cause I had to get the plants in the ground as quickly as possible. Next year though I'm going to go crazy with the garden.

coheed196 said:
 Next year I'm going to go crazy with the garden.

Do it Vince! It's more limiting in some ways, but the plants and pods end up much bigger and happier. I planted 2 jumbo Yellow 7 plants this season, and put one in a #5 airpot and the other in the ground. They're both happy and loaded with pods, but the one in the pot is only 2 feet tall and the one in the ground is about twice that! The pods are larger too. I think you'll be liking the results.

Vincent - Your plot for next year is amazing, your going to have an even more productive year. Time to get a freezer just to store all the pods, everything is looking amazing. The white bhut looks amazing, very translucent from that under carriage shot :D. Cant wait to see harvest pics

BrooklynXpat said:
Vincent - Your plot for next year is amazing, your going to have an even more productive year. Time to get a freezer just to store all the pods, everything is looking amazing. The white bhut looks amazing, very translucent from that under carriage shot :D. Cant wait to see harvest pics
Oddly enough, I saved the money I made selling pods last year and bought a deep freezer with part of it. It is used for peppers mostly but we will store other stuff in there if the upstairs freezer gets too full

Well well well..I got me a little surprise in the mail today.

PC_20130820_124924_PerfectlyClear_0001_20130820125510860_zps5260ebe2.jpg

Those are F3's straight from Mr. Butch Taylor himself. I'm the first person in the world to receive the F3 of the Ice Scream Scorpion. Man am I excited to get these going.

And in case you missed my thread. I built myself a nice little cloning machine. 5 gallon bucket with 7 cloning sites. Cost me around $40. I already had the 5 gallon bucket, had to buy the pvc and 360° misters, and a C.A.P 270 gph pump ($24 on ebay) that was the most expensive part. So after getting that stuff and about an hour and a half I have a cloner. I am doing a test run with a Billy Boy Douglah Red cutting. Water temp is 79.7° just from the heat the pump puts off. I believe it'll work awesomely from what I've read about this type of machine.

20130819_233338_zpsa37f2cc9.jpg

20130819_233354_zps6eee7b09.jpg

20130819_233432_zpsfb4ece04.jpg

20130819_233518_zps039555cc.jpg

Back