• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! African Throwdown

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do if they are voting for me. Thanks Sil it was "fun" juggling new ingredients and a wife past her due date.

Oxtail and quinoa again? Yes! Another child....up for discussion

Oh by an oxtail. ;)

This is close!

Ela, sounds like you had fun, that's what it's all about in the end~ :)

Honestly,Ann, I had so much fun mixing,roasting and testing spices that I made x-tra ( about 2 cups) just for heck of it. :lol:
Don'y worry I'm paying all 200 of my Korean students to vote today

Dang, never thought about mobilizing my neighborhood. :D I may be able to slide some votes over to you. How about that? :lol:

Many thanks to all others, especially Ela--your detail of each ingredient and process is awesome. I have some family who also make the authentic Doro Wat and it will be fun to compare how they do it to your recipe. They will be shocked to find out I actually know something about their food!

Thanks Silliman...it was a pleasure to share recipe with all of you.

Ela...TD's are all about having a good time...and also about stepping outside our comfort zone, and pushing ourselves to become better. I've been doing these for almost a year and a half, and I can honestly say I was a good cook. Now, I feel like a great chef.

People at work come see my leftovers the first Monday of every month...just to see what the TD challenge was. A bunch of teachers here ate up about a pint of the Moroccan BBQ sauce yesterday at lunch.

GO Sum!!!!!!!!!!

Kebabalicious!!!!!!

My idea would have been lobster and scallop safron couscous.....but even that wasn't enough to motivate me.

MGold, I love quinoa and your's looked like I always do mine

But

with a wife who is ov Lebanese descent Kabab is in our blood and Sum dat was some mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgoooood looking kabab's I'd like that salad too.

Great dishes everyone! I'm going to have try some of that.

People at work come see my leftovers the first Monday of every month...just to see what the TD challenge was. A bunch of teachers here ate up about a pint of the Moroccan BBQ sauce yesterday at lunch.

:lol: When I ask for something strange at the grocery store, the clerks say "Oh you're doing another cooking challenge! What's the subject?"

Now they have 3 of us pestering them for odd ingredients or special orders. (Scovie, CJ and myself) ((and sometimes the 'Kid!)) :lol:

Ok,..........now that I've had dinner..............and a few "Pop's"....I made up my mine....the dish that I was originally going to vote for looks pretty dry in the plating photo.

So i'll have to go with my next option..........

Greg

GET IN HERE AND VOTE!

frydad is saving his vote for the last sec. DRAMA!

Y'all did awesome, no matter how the voting goes.
We should be allowed 3 votes each so we could strategically vote.
What? I never make suggestions about "improving" this site.
I'll reverse drunk edit this when I'm not sober....

Voted for Ela. For some reason I'd rather lose to her dish...

FD is abstaining his vote. No drama from SoFlo... it is what it is.

FD's gonna leave it a tie cuz he can't decide? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hey peeps get in here and vote it's a tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back