• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! African Throwdown

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seriously need to get SL a pink tiara....... tho I really thought that was reserved for pouting adult males.... proved me wrong!

Here ya go....

slPink.gif
sorry geeme, I don't do pink... :( and the pink-n-black tiara is DEFINITELY reserved for the males. Just doesn't have the same effect when there's a black and pink "Drama Queen" tiara in any of us females's pics..... :scared:

Hmmm, MGold has played an excellent upcoming 'Chile Child' card, with an attempted lactate upstage by LunchBox. So close. Man its tough to be a swing voter around here.

TMI! :closedeyes: :closedears: :closedmouth::

We're all friends here...where else can you go from African food, to lactating women, to egg-nipple avatars?

(see above)

I wondered how exactly you were groin to word that...

no FIFY in the above quote, :lol:

and I have witnesses...I don't do pink~~~ :cool:

black, red, blue, green, (no yellow either....doesn't match the skin tones~~~) purple, white, it's all good....

Ha...Chew..................excuse me,... for not entering. ...But I will vote!

Wow, there are some pretty "interesting" dishes concocted. It takes awhile to view all the posts, but what I like to see are prep/teaser photos..... with captions. A top shelf ingredient list that works from "scratch". (fresh not frozen, or generic) if available. Also a final finished dish photo that "whams".
Well.......that's me, and I'll vote accordingly. There's 5 dishes that I like............It would be 6 but,....."Where's the Goat?" That dish was looking good!
I like the dish that "buddy" put together...its simple but works.....Ela's "Doro Wat" was a good one. Scratch ingredients, nice prep, "Sega Wat" would have been my dish if I entered this..... MGOLD's dish shows well and I bet that goes good with the right brew.... Lunch Box put it all together from the start with an appetizing finishing photo..and "Flintstone" style ribs...yum.... Sum..........summed it up! Take that up to the next level, "Paver Stone" cooking!........nice plating shot to boot.
Congrats to all who participated, I'll look at this again later when I have an appetite.............just had some eggs for breakfest...

Greg

wooooooooow, this has been an amazing TD, guys. Thank you for all your votes and kind comments. I'll post some more when I get back home from work.

wooooooooow, this has been an amazing TD, guys. Thank you for all your votes and kind comments. I'll post some more when I get back home from work.

I think there may be something fishy going on. Now...I don't wanna just come out and accuse anyone of anything...but look:

LunchBox, spongey600, 3/5King, Sethsquatch, texas blues, TheFanMan, paulky_2000, Melium, wrightdaddy, HopsNBarely

These are all CLEARLY sock puppet accounts, and none of them have any measurable history on this site.

Time for an investigation, I say...

thankyou.gif
all for an amazing TD that encouraged me to venture out of my cooking comfort zone. I had an incredible time doing research, preparing the meal and having my family trying for the first time unfamiliar dish to them. Last but not at least, BIG THANKS to my SUPER HERO HUBBY who has been enduring for so many years being my food testing buddy, who supported my cooking hobby and who has been putting up with my interesting sense of humor.

I think there may be something fishy going on. Now...I don't wanna just come out and accuse anyone of anything...but look:

LunchBox, spongey600, 3/5King, Sethsquatch, texas blues, TheFanMan, paulky_2000, Melium, wrightdaddy, HopsNBarely

These are all CLEARLY sock puppet accounts, and none of them have any measurable history on this site.

Time for an investigation, I say...

Sorry, can’t help ya in this department…The Boss is in charge of complaints. :D

i hear that lunchbox guy has 9 dupe accounts

89.gif
....nah I'll just do my
meditationf.gif
and relax :lol:

Yeah...but he's too stupid to figure out how to vote himself into a crown...duuuuhhhhhh

consoling2.gif
Feeling better??????????? :lol:

i can not pass up lamb in any form. everything looked great ! im still mad at salsa for pulling from contest,but whatever she needs a nother crown like i need another 30 pounds.

Does this close tonight at 10:40?

I believe so. The voting is usually open for 48 hours.

Ela, sounds like you had fun, that's what it's all about in the end~ :)

PS- sorry siccy :(

TMI! :closedeyes: :closedears: :closedmouth::

Sorry SL--That was my 'friend' Manny Beeres who posted stupid last night. Luckily, Scoville was around to rein him in a little bit.

For the voting: MGold by a tail. Taking time to post creative dish in the midst of potential outbound chile baby is above and beyond. Pix and methods excellent.

Many thanks to all others, especially Ela--your detail of each ingredient and process is awesome. I have some family who also make the authentic Doro Wat and it will be fun to compare how they do it to your recipe. They will be shocked to find out I actually know something about their food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back