contest VOTE! Bayou Battle

Who made the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the system lets you vote for yourself, the only way to control it is for me to remove them if it happens. The software doesn't know you're voting for yourself, it's just an entry in a poll. I can however adjust the numbers at the end. It does seem to be a problem if the winner has voted for himself to break a tie, and the runner up has not voted for himself. That's not really breaking a tie, it's even. Or else you could chalk that up to strategy, and just leave it. Something to think about for the next ones, but not this one. It has to be in the rules.

Since the system lets you vote for yourself, the only way to control it is for me to remove them if it happens. The software doesn't know you're voting for yourself, it's just an entry in a poll. I can however adjust the numbers at the end. It does seem to be a problem if the winner has voted for himself to break a tie, and the runner up has not voted for himself. That's not really breaking a tie, it's even. Or else you could chalk that up to strategy, and just leave it. Something to think about for the next ones, but not this one. It has to be in the rules.

If someone votes for someone else I believe it's because they believe the other person's dish is better.

As it stands now it's strategy. Vote for yourself, and if you win, and the other person didn't, well too bad, they could have. If this is not the best approach, start a discussion about it in another thread and we can adjust. :)

Maybe all we need is a notation in the rules that you can vote for yourself, even though it is obvious. Either that or a notation that votes for self will be removed, and I just deduct the number. Either is easy.

As always, 2 days of voting.

Yeah a close one with no clear leader yet.

I liked the enchiladas like everyone else but where's the melted cheese? :tear:

I liked the enchiladas like everyone else but where's the melted cheese? :tear:

i debated on whether to incorporate some cheese into the dish - couldn't really decide on what kind of cheese would go with creole/cajun flavors and in the end decided that the creole sauce was just the right topping for the cajunladas :)

i debated on whether to incorporate some cheese into the dish - couldn't really decide on what kind of cheese would go with creole/cajun flavors and in the end decided that the creole sauce was just the right topping for the cajunladas :)
I thought about that too. :) But cheesy may have swayed me ;)

I thought about that too. :) But cheesy may have swayed me ;)
Well Boss...I guess I should have hidden my Hushpuppies with Hab cheese better for my pic plateing then. They were the first things I fried, but disappeared with the Garlic buttered French bread when the herd was grazing too close to the table, so didn't even add them to my list. :rolleyes:

Well Boss...I guess I should have hidden my Hushpuppies with Hab cheese better for my pic plateing then. They were the first things I fried, but disappeared with the Garlic buttered French bread when the herd was grazing too close to the table, so didn't even add them to my list. :rolleyes:
Wow they sound pretty good.

Had to go with Paulky...perfect mix...not over-blown, and looked like a genuine meal on the table. The cajanadas were a close second, and HS's shrimp creole was right up there too. After looking over all the entries, I cast my vote based upon which one I would want to sit down to. Paulky's spread had me imagining I was in front of that table, and I couldn't wait to try each and every thing.

My vote went to TB, Hot Blue and Righteous brother! I can picture myself suckin those mudbug heads and the shrimps look amazin!
But...Tro in dem OKRA n OYSTERS!!! Nuff said!! I could eat dat cajun meal all day!

SL, Holy S#$!#$!!t! Your creation transcends all awesomeness!!! :eek: Also... one of my favorites - pecan pie! Your entry is Slam'n! :hell: :woohoo:

thank y'all for the good juju comments. It ain't over yet!

It was a ton of fun and we are enjoying....well...let me rephrase that...MOST of us are enjoying the leftovers.

Salsakid's dinner tonight was andouille, cajun potato salad, and cornbread...until he tasted the cornbread laced with aji and fatalii! Yesterday he ate rice, chicken, andouille, and PECAN PIE! somehow he missed the laced cornbread.

The andouille sausage from our local butcher is outstanding! Lots of smoke and spice.

Etouffee over taters for the rest of us. The pecan pie was gone before voting started and for all the rest, let the good times roll!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Salud to everyone for AWESOME entries! PS- did I say WOW! yet? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back