• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Burger Royale Beef Burger

Best beef burger?

• Melium - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__st__2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wheebz - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__st__6

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• Joshuap2000 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• habaneroheat81 and NW Posse Sous-Chefs - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree THP. I did go pretty far outside of what "a burger" is to most people.

Funky outside the box is good.

It was that smashed down creampie thingy that got me saying wtf?

ha. I have a thing about burgers that are too big to get a proper bite of. Sorry anyone who made a huge meatball burger and topped it with so much shizzle that it was six inches+ high...you will not be getting my vote.

wrightdaddy's burger:

This is a chilihead burger. How many brought the intense heat?

Trinidad Scorpion mayo with AJ's puree. If you've had AJ's purees you know they are the bomb. Simple pepper flavor and crazy heat. This simple addition could be putting it on top. But no, then we have...

Classic toppings, bacon and cheese (pepper jack, more heat), tomato... so some burger familiarity for comfort... then...

"Sauteed hatch green chiles and jalapenos with onions cooked in the bacon grease" okay, this! More heat, texture, and flavor. And in the bacon grease.

And guacamole for another creamy texture, and to fool you into cooling your tongue, because it has Scovie's powder.

This, all atop a nicely cooked burger (M to MR, and you can see the sear/crust) on a potato bun.

Now stop asking why this is winning! :lol:

wrightdaddy if you win you deserve it. This burger is THP approved. Good luck

Hey now Sum watch your tongue, that things gotta be taller than 6" :lol:! Actually, I would have voted for Kat, but I went with what I would have ordered (not a fan blue cheese)

:runsouttathreadbeforegetttingpeltedwithbluecheese:

wrightdaddy's burger:

Trinidad Scorpion mayo with AJ's puree. If you've had AJ's purees you know they are the bomb. Simple pepper flavor and crazy heat. This simple addition could be putting it on top. But no, then we have...

Classic toppings, bacon and cheese (pepper jack, more heat), tomato... so some burger familiarity for comfort... then...

"Sauteed hatch green chiles and jalapenos with onions cooked in the bacon grease" okay, this! More heat, texture, and flavor. And in the bacon grease.

And guacamole for another creamy texture, and to fool you into cooling your tongue, because it has Scovie's powder.

This, all atop a nicely cooked burger (M to MR, and you can see the sear/crust) on a potato bun.

+1

These are my vote considerations in order of appearance on the list:

Kat's Black'n'Blue

TB's Tex-Asian

WD-40's

LB's Fiesta

Tough decision. But I think I have my vote. Need to ruminate about it a little more.

wrightdaddy's burger:

Wow!! Thanx boss. I realy appreciate everyone's vote. I had a great time making this burger and participating in my first TD. I can't wait for next weekend not quite sure what to do for a veggie burger but ill figure something out. I thought everybody did a great job and it was great that we had so many entries let's keep it up for next week.

Need to rummy-nate about it a little more.

fify ;)

I liked your slider idea, but I'm not a fan of runny snotty eggs. Even on the quat-stacker, I made sure to get a piece that didn't have egg yolk on it. I think that came from too many years in the restaurant business where you sit down to eat breakfast and then the rush comes in, so breakfast has to wait. Cold runny eggs= :sick: Now I eat eggs over crispy. But your bacon cup was a great idea to get the egg onto the slider.

Mel don't hang your head. Your burger looks awesome.
Dig the fresh pepper and tomato.
And the stuffed action.
You showed some serious chops!

Someday I want to vote for balls, just so I can tell my friends.

Not sure what they'll do with that information, but it's a good conversation starter.
"hey guys, I voted for Balls today!"

Egads! I CAN NOT decide! There are a lot of great entries! I would vote for Dirty Anny, because that s@*t tasted soooooooooo GOOOOOOOOD!.......but Mr. Sic has told me how much trouble I would be in if I vote for his burger because I AM biased.......
What to do! What to do.......... :eh:

Lady Sic if that's the best do it. If you looked at the pics and nothing made your mouth water more than that burger... it's the one.

Not sure what they'll do with that information, but it's a good conversation starter.
"hey guys, I voted for Balls today!"

LOL! Tell them anyway. Don't elaborate either. Just say "I voted for Balls" and walk away. Let them decide what the hell you meant!

It came down to just 2 for me.

Fitty and Kat.

Fitty ground his own beef, baked his own bread, made his own salsa, almost everythang but the cheese. Out of the box burger and in my mind the flavors just work. The only knock I give him would that the burger is more done than I like to be liking.

Kat's B & B burger, well she made the bun, cooked a quality burger the way I like it and her presentation was straight up no frills rock n' roll. The only thing I can gig her on was she didn't grind her own beef.

But I love blue cheese more than jerk.

Kat gets my vote.

I would have liked WD's but I don't like guac on a burger. DTS was also in the running as were a few others.

Lots of great burgers posted and the newbies made as good a showing as anyone.

For those about to rock the next t-down, I salute you!

"hey guys, I went for Balls today!"

FIFY ;)

Lady Sic if that's the best do it. If you looked at the pics and nothing made your mouth water more than that burger... it's the one.

+1

Tain't nuthin wrong with voting for yourself. Sometimes I vote for mine, sometimes I vote for others. I voted for Salsakid (that philly-waffle was OmNomNomNom), I've voted for a person just to give them a bump towards a win (if they had a win-worthy entry!) and I've voted for one who had no chance of winning but was the one I wanted to maw on. No rhyme, no reason, no explanations~

It's all good, and all for fun!

I'll roll with LunchBox. A creative and juicy burger, with the 'hidden' relleno and the cheesy enchilada topper. And it manages to all reside in the bun! The arbol/pequin combo is nice-- an overall excellent variety of peppers used throughout...... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back