• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Royale Part 1

Who made the Best BEEF Burger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
 look at this like a menu.. which burger would I order.,,,hmmm. Some of them sound amazing but when cut open they made me cry a little  :P    I really like booms burger but I've seen a bunch of others hes made id rather have. GM the boiled burger looks good in my mind it tasted great. KB's quad was awesome.  fried avocado yes please. can't name them all but there was something I liked about all of them.  in the end MM killed it. 

FreeportBum said:
 look at this like a menu.. which burger would I order.,,,hmmm. Some of them sound amazing but when cut open they made me cry a little  :P    I really like booms burger but I've seen a bunch of others hes made id rather have. GM the boiled burger looks good in my mind it tasted great. KB's quad was awesome.  fried avocado yes please. can't name them all but there was something I liked about all of them.  in the end MM killed it. 

That's how I felt, too.

I think DTS's entry deserves more love than it's gotten, too. That's a nicely photographed, cleanly built sammie ... I just don't like lamb.

grantmichaels said:

That's how I felt, too.

I think DTS's entry deserves more love than it's gotten, too. That's a nicely photographed, cleanly built sammie ... I just don't like lamb.
Love eggs. hate eggplant  :P  but yeah nice pics.  lamb is awesome

Booma was up against himself, he's posted the best burgers on the forum, so this one, while great, paled a bit in comparison to me. He probably didn't want to repeat anything he's done in the burger thread, but that's where his real magic is. He is definitely in the top 5 of all time there. If not #1. BOOMA! This one I didn't go for.
Oh and he is winning Beef so what do I know?  ;)

grantmichaels said:

Oh? ...

I *ONLY* like it a certain way ... salted to draw out and discard the ascetic juices, then soaked in milk ...
why the milk soak? take some of the nasty flavor away?   :P   only two things that really make me wanna ralph, eggplant and olives
The Hot Pepper said:
Booma was up against himself, he's posted the best burgers on the forum, so this one, while great, paled a bit in comparison to me. He probably didn't want to repeat anything he's done in the burger thread, but that's where his real magic is. He is definitely in the top 5 of all time there. If not #1. BOOMA! This one I didn't go for.
Oh and he is winning Beef so what do I know?  ;)
I've said it before. Boom is my favorite burger maker on the net. i'd like a picture book.no words. just full of his burger pics from the burger thread  :beer:

Maple syrup/dijon sauce on a burger encased in meat, country ham on one side, bacon on the other, over easy egg on top... something about that just got me! And my mouth still waters over that yellow gem lol.

Just under 6 hours still time to make things interesting!!!!!

VOTE!

Let's hit 50!

FreeportBum said:
why the milk soak? take some of the nasty flavor away?   :P   only two things that really make me wanna ralph, eggplant and olives
yup. a really well-made eggplant parm, or ep parm sammie, can be great ... but mostly people don't prepare it well, unless they know ...

someone who knew showed me when i told them i hated eggplant, and now i know i hate most all eggplant, except that which has been handled in that very particular way ...

PITA, though ... too much work for something that's still ... eggplant.
I had to go to Instagram and enjoy all of the recent Booma burgers and those from times past after that one ... but, in fairness, he gave us a burger when he didn't plan to - last minute, after going out for dinner or something that night.

I was online when he posted it, and i know he wasn't planning to Q that day, or any of the days thereafter ... i believe his words were "other people have taken care of food for me this weekend" ...

Sporting chap ... I'm just pretending like people are giving him a lifetime achievement crown ... that way I don't have to feel like Booma's worst burger is better than everyone's best ...

Ouch. The Burn.

I love eggplant. And I like it any way, roasted with skin on, etc. so no milk or salt water bath needed for me.

Moussaka is one of my fave dishes... (NOT the Greek "lasagna," the Middle Eastern fire roasted eggplant, tomato, onion, olive oil, etc.)

Had eggplant parm hero last night. :P

Speaking of Booma's burger though, the patty was exactly how I like mine! S&P, grilled hot with nice sear, MR center. It DID have my attention for that reason. Best patty of the lot.

I can see why it is winning. Bacon cheesy burger cooked perfectly for the MR crowd.

MOAR
VOTEZ!

The Hot Pepper said:
I love eggplant. And I like it any way, roasted with skin on, etc. so no milk or salt water bath needed for me.

Moussaka is one of my fave dishes... (NOT the Greek "lasagna," the Middle Eastern fire roasted eggplant, tomato, onion, olive oil, etc.)

Had eggplant parm hero last night. :P

We eat a fair amount of eggplant.  Wife puts it in pasta dishes and we really like Caponata.  

OK, I'll expose my (possibly poorly informed) bias ...

I don't like bleu cheese. I mean, I'll eat it w/ chicken wings, and that's really about it ...

I've seen where it's used w/ steak ... then the word umami gets tossed out there ...

Is it transformed for being hot and w/ beef, or still pretty funky? ...

Call me weird but blue cheese, avocado, and eggplant = pretty much instant loss for me.  It takes a lot to get past one of those ingredients.  

Props to D3 for getting a vote from me with a couple big chunks of yuck on his burger!

Scuba_Steve said:
Call me weird but blue cheese, avocado, and eggplant = pretty much instant loss for me.  It takes a lot to get past one of those ingredients.  

I kind of agree, myself.

I can rock a little avocado in that list, but that's about it.

grantmichaels said:

I kind of agree, myself.

I can rock a little avocado in that list, but that's about it.
growing up I hated avocado, I think because only thing I ever tried was shit ass quac from people that had no clue how to make quac or it had been sitting around.  my love for avocado started when I made my first fresh grilled quac blew my mind. now I eat avocado's like a mfr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back