• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Royale Part 2

Stuffed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange thing is I'm running into a lot of peeps that don't like dish washing detergent weed.  (coriander/cilantro)  I love the sheeeeit outta it in moderation.

MM got my vote for a juicy gooey savoury boiger with a hit of musky cheese.  (read that as funky cheese which is good also in moderation)

SS for my other vote as I've never had WC boigers but the technique and end result would be moist and tender with all the flavours you'd expect.  Fresh though, not that other pre packaged shit I've seen on the interwebz.

GM for a VERY close 2'nd on the sliders.  Few weird ingredients I struggled with but technique was rock solid and big props for camera work. 

Voted D3monic for stuffed... He had me with boar meat, pancetta and fresh stuffing. There's garlic, onion and mushrooms. And mozz! It look so good too!

Grant for sliders because they're mighty sliders! Bacon and burger are badass. Burger cooking is badass! Cheese looks great. Tomato and lots of good spices. Great!

Ashen said:
 Although I had to pretend I didn't see the word Cilantro . That stuff is evil.   

I try to use less than whatever the recommended use is... I am beginning to see a list forming in my mind of ingredients I should treat with caution in terms of ratios. I have overused cilantro before.

Ironically, one of my family members was making a Sunday lunch salad, and asked me if they could used the 'green things' in a container I had stored my leftover TD ingredients in. 

This family member is an onion fan; and I wasn't really thinking at the time-so I said something like 'yeah go ahead-I'm not using it for anything.' perhaps because I had put the scallions in there I didn't use.

Then when lunch was served, it suddenly occurred to me with a fork in my mouth that that was also the same container in which I put the cilantro. *facepalm*. 

It wasnt all that bad with cabbage and other stuff. could definitely tell there was too much cilantro. Just needed a bit more salad dressing that usual. haha.

Stuffed
Musky had the mojo again.
Simply KILLED stuffed. I love it when simple is crafted so well, no "wow factor" ingredients just an overall wow! That burger is well thought out and perfectly executed. Blue cheese, bacon, and sweet always complement each other, and that 7 pot pineapple and caramelized onion chutney-like concoction set it off! No ketchup, mustard, or BBQ sauce needed. The sweet onion sauce, salty bacon, and blue cheese are all mingling, and the beefy beef is still shining. And look at the ooze factor! LOOK AT IT!

PERFECT! I would not change or add ONE THING!

Slider
Can't decide.

If musky starts to slip I'll get my vote in!
Oh oh or maybe I'll break a tie in Slider. Keep voting!

Wow. Thanks for the votes and words! :)

Its kinda funny... in past TD's I have spent entire days making bread from scratch, and doing pretty elaborate cooks just to get buried in the polls by really simple entries. Lol. I tried to keep it as simple as possible this time, and it seems to be working pretty well. I respect the hell out of good homemade bread, and I know how hard it is to pull off. Tctenten and Key get my vote this time. Both made killer buns and awesome looking juicy burgers. I would love to try a few of each!

Grant, I completely applaud your experimentation with the spices. I like experimenting with food, too, even if it seems weird to most people. (Who woulda thunk that tart blueberries and lavender are an excellent combo in chili???) So I am trying really hard to wrap my mind around the flavors you combined. The part that mostly makes me hesitate, though, is the pre-mixed stuff. When I "use" garam masala, I mix it from individual spices myself so I know exactly what's in it and list them in my entries if I use it. (There are regional as well as individual variations of that and I often mix things up to push it in one flavor direction or another.) Since I'm not familiar with the pre-mixed stuff that you used, though, I have a question mark where the flavors of those are concerned. My general impression is that you mixed sweet and savory, which can be a really good thing. But I find myself more curious about your entries than ready to vote for them. Still, I'm wanting to, since I appreciate experimenting so much.

And hmmm…… now I'm wondering if rhubarb might go well in chili…..

geeme said:
Grant, I completely applaud your experimentation with the spices. I like experimenting with food, too, even if it seems weird to most people. (Who woulda thunk that tart blueberries and lavender are an excellent combo in chili???) So I am trying really hard to wrap my mind around the flavors you combined. The part that mostly makes me hesitate, though, is the pre-mixed stuff. When I "use" garam masala, I mix it from individual spices myself so I know exactly what's in it and list them in my entries if I use it. (There are regional as well as individual variations of that and I often mix things up to push it in one flavor direction or another.) Since I'm not familiar with the pre-mixed stuff that you used, though, I have a question mark where the flavors of those are concerned. My general impression is that you mixed sweet and savory, which can be a really good thing. But I find myself more curious about your entries than ready to vote for them. Still, I'm wanting to, since I appreciate experimenting so much.

And hmmm…… now I'm wondering if rhubarb might go well in chili…..

Thanks geeme, I think I probably would be well-served to go that last step in providing measurements ...

What actually happens is that I'll get an idea, and start building it up until it round/whole or whatever word you like for that ...

The burgers patties were seasoned the day before, so they are just the seasoning from the sliders ...

A pinch of the garam masala was added to the peaches/tomato/shallot bag  - which in my mind was a fusion of a chutney and hot salsa (if there is such a thing?) ... it wasn't in the rub.

Is "hot salsa" a thing, I don't even know really? =)

Anyways ... someone else was tripped up last week by the fact that I used SF's curry spice mix on burgers, but I mean, there was no detectable curry after it fried in the duck fat - but what are you going to do?!? =)

It's all good, thanks for sharing ...

Looks like geeme's astute ... there was a mistake in my second entry ... it's should have been:

Beef Seasoning Mix:

De Roo Smoke N Fire Powder
Meat Church Deez Nuts Pecan Rub
Meat Church Holy Cow BBQ Rub
Season With Spice Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
JoynersHotPeppers Smoked Goat Powder

"Chutney" Mix:

Small Yukon Gold Potato
Unripe Peach
Rome Tomato
Shallot
Shaoxing Wine
Orange Blossom Honey
Texas Creek Pearwood Smoked Habanero Powder
Ground Ginger
Saffron
Turmeric
Garam Masala
Freeze Dried Sage

Main Ingredients:

Pat La Frieda Aged Beef/Shortrib/Brisket Ground Beef w/ Rubbed As Above
Bob Evans Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties
Super Soft Tortillas
Whole Egg
Fresh Superchili From My Grow (1st Pod)
De Roo Tiki Torch (Manzano/Habenero, OJ, Fresh Mango, and something that eludes me, I think garlic) ...
Kewpie Mayo
Rougie Duck Fat
Benton's Bacon Fat

Maybe that's better, with the Beef seasoning and "chutney" seasoning's separate ...

Awesome job to all,time to open the THP community kitchen! Crazy hard to vote. Congrats to you all.
funny-quotes-hamburger.png
found em just need directions to everyone's house! :)

Nice profile pic. :lol:

Keep voting guys! It will end this afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back