• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Beef

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable.

This was a tricky one because we literally had EVERYTHING to choose from!

TC10, the beauty was in the simplicity! 

SoS, Again, the simplicity was beautiful. That oozing cheese shot of your Juicy Lucy, is what got me.

Ozzy, Cheers man, It would have been fun to actually compete against each other in the same kitchen. Yours is truly devourable!

My vote just had to go to Grant. Even tho I would actually order Wheebz' in a restaurant, your creativity deserves "Top Burger 2016". You obviously put a ton of thought into it and an equal amount of work. Your meticulous execution was second to none! Well done sir!

D3, what can I say? I kept thinking that Jay's was really the most extreme being 2.7 lbs of beef with a Scorpion and 10 drops of PE but in the end, the poppers, onion straws and cheese curds won my vote. Bravo to you sir!!! (Excellent pictures btw. But they don't influence my vote)

SnF... seriously? Another "Top Burger 2016" contender. Damm dude, that is just a killer burger! Everything about it is just awesome in it's awesomeness. Give this man a crown, pronto!!!

To all the entrants, you guys embody what is so great about THP! Your creative ideas, your abilities, and your fun, competitive, hilarious posting is a major part of why I sign in every day. You guys made this one of the best TD's in THP history, and that makes me happy! Great job, all of you!

Rhyme, I am especially proud of you, even tho whole Portabella's as a topper are not my thing, you dropped that bomb on THP and it is right up there with Grant's for Creativity and uniqueness. Great job brother!

CeriLBW, I hope you keep entering some of these TD's, your burger was awesome and deserves way more votes! Excellent looking burger!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

the contest categories were awesome , hard choices all around.   Grant got my vote even though aside from the actual name of the burger I couldn't find a mention of any hot stuff going into it in the accompanying instruction manual.  I am assuming either I overlooked it or it was left out by mistake, even though he even  took the time to add his semi annual testicular cancer check procedure to the instructions. "16) roll balls to try to create some gluten development, despite that they are exceedingly tacky - wet finger-tips help"  

The open category was just money.    I would have murdered that patty melt but CheriLBW 's popper elk burger sounded  just too good  and the cut picture showed a perfect layering for my tastes.    

Ashen said:
the contest categories were awesome , hard choices all around.   Grant got my vote even though aside from the actual name of the burger I couldn't find a mention of any hot stuff going into it in the accompanying instruction manual.  I am assuming either I overlooked it or it was left out by mistake, even though he even  took the time to add his semi annual testicular cancer check procedure to the instructions. "16) roll balls to try to create some gluten development, despite that they are exceedingly tacky - wet finger-tips help"  

The open category was just money.    I would have murdered that patty melt but CheriLBW 's popper elk burger sounded  just too good  and the cut picture showed a perfect layering for my tastes.    

I used a full gram of JHP's smoked serrano powder in the tar =)

It turned out to be pretty hot since it's very fresh and the sous vide was capped off at 167F ...

There was a point in time where I was going to stuff mine with stonecrab claw meat, diced hatch chilis, tobiko, and a running egg - but then wheebz wanted to do a pair of burgers Saturday, so I switched gears away from having to time up multiple eggs etc, and because there's a contingent of folks who won't vote for runny eggs (Jayt, tctenten, D3, and probably more) ...

Thanks for voting for me - finally used the MP powders, two even, haha! ...

:CHEERS:
Scoville DeVille said:
My vote just had to go to Grant. Even tho I would actually order Wheebz' in a restaurant, your creativity deserves "Top Burger 2016". You obviously put a ton of thought into it and an equal amount of work. Your meticulous execution was second to none! Well done sir!

I mentioned in wheebz brewing thread yesterday that I would eat mine Monday through Friday, and his on the weekend ...

:CHEERS:

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Is there something wrong with the vote tally in the "Extreme" category? This smacks of shenanigans. 

There's no shenanigans it is just getting beat by a great burger one that may the best in the whole comp. You shouldn't suggest such a thing when people are taking their votes seriously, it is just the way it is working out.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     And now, extreme. D3, D3, D3... What can I say. 

BOOYAKASHAA!!!   That burger just blew me away, and not just in an extreme way. You pulled all the punches. You threw a brioche bun on that burger! That's like putting corinthian leather seats in a dumptruck. The relish and the bacon jam were good choices for condiments here. Very complimentary flavor profiles with plenty of meat in-between. And let's talk about that choice of meat. Just brilliant!
     It kills me to vote against that beautiful gift of burger perfection JayT with which JayT graced our humble thread. Your patty came out perfect. You put the care into that that a mother gives her firstborn. Primo technique, sir! 

Hybrid also raved.

So Hybrid you also can understand the results. I get the joke, like messing with JayT's votes, but no not here, this is serious bidness in here and this was a lot of work and everyone should be proud.

Other races are just tighter s'all. For me Non-Beef is super hard, and the people also agree, it is tied right now.

TC - Cuz that beef burger hits all the notes for me. And on homemade jalapeno buns with scorp mayo. Yup.

SOS - This should have been called the Iberian Peninsula Burger, with manchego cheese, Spanish olives, and Portuguese rolls. Pork is a great choice for stuffing. You don't need a MR center with pork and this thing has an amazing seared crust and an ooey gooey manchego center. The pork was seasoned like sausage with chili powder, olives, garlic, etc. The manchego ooze, Spanish olives, sear, and homemade buns drove it home for me, and the spicy mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion just "work!" This was a hard vote, JHP's is very well done! This will be close!

Scovie's looks hella fun to eat! And I can honestly picture all those flavors mingling from blue, to pickles, dogs, chorizo, bacon, ham, potato chips, cheddar, jack, all the salty, sour, crunch, etc. But the best part is, if it falls apart, you still have two sandwiches that didn't fall apart. Try to piehole it all, build a smaller version, or eat with reckless abandon and fork the casualties. Better than nachos anyday. Gimme!

grantmichaels - #murderedout, taking risks with color only, the flavors are all still there, it's well composed and executed. I don't think hash browns make a good bun unless it is a total forker, good for pics but not your hand imo. Tater breaks, cheese drips. Was fun to watch the matchup. Both got "Stuffed" but went with beer bottle burger bowls... lol. That's actually great for comparison purposes.

D3monic - Dude! Duuuuuuude!!!!! That is all.

SmokenFire - DEE-ROOLING over all those flavors! Love the bacon-wrapped rings and composition.

:clap: EVERYONE did great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back