• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Ethnic/Regional Sandwich II

VOTE!

• SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33306-begin-ethnicregional-sandwich-ii/page__

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on my short list, but since I am a "wrongsider" as you say, I went with what I know best. Failing.

Chin up, LDHS! If I did this just for votes, I'd have been committed to a mental hospital about a year ago.

Oh I know - was sayin it tongue in cheek. the beauty of the TD is that everyone wins. Me & my friends got to chow down righteous tortas and I have enough grilled ranchero steak to eat off it all week (grilled 5 lbs for 3 people - one gal didn't show). All in fun - I enjoyed making it and pushing the torta to the limit - finally had an occasion to break out the great powders everyone's been sending me.

Sic's Jalapeno & Habanero powders are like crack - a spoonful in the guac and a pinch on in the steak rub and a spoonful in the beans - yum. And the hot garlic rub from Redtail Forrester was incredible - halving the tomato, powdering it with garlic rub and grilling it was probably the best take-away for me in this one. I will absolutely do that again, and I highly recommend all 3 of these rubs/powders. :cheers:

TD's are like sex....if they're really good they'll be so sloppy you'll need a towell afterwards. ;)

Geeme!!!!!

I'm truly shocked.

:rofl:

Whoa!

Anything a torta can do, a taco or burrito can do better.

Ordinarily I agree - but there's something about taking a sweet french roll, buttering it and smearing mayo on it then grilling it that gives it a unique taste that's specific to the Torta.

For Carne Asada I actually prefer the torta - use whole steak strips instead of chopped up - I think it's a more sophisticated dish.

We've all got out opinions though. By the way - the plating was "traditional" taqueria plating for such a meal. I usually don't bother with the sides, so amusing that I apparently lost points for them here.

And it appears that I got 2 votes. So there. :woohoo:

Rest assured - I will be practicing with my camera prior to next one - in the least I'll have autofocus turned on. Still kicking myself for that - I just thought the lens wasn't suited to close ups.
:rofl:

There are some awesome looking sandwiches up in here!!!
You all deserve applause all around.
I voted for FD, I could scarf that sucker down right now that's after I throw those store bought tomatoes on the ground. This was hard I think all those onions swayed my vote, I love me some onion and that boy was loaded!

I just wanted to give a quick shout out and props to one of our newer members, and if I'm not mistaken, a 1st time TD'er; keybrdkido9...You hit the nail on the head with his Italian Beef Giardiniera sammie...

cheesybeef6.jpg

cheesybeef5.jpg

Great method, great colors, the meat, green, red, flecks of seasoning, flaky and chewy bread...the juices running out over the bottom half of the bun...looks outstanding! Melt that cheese, and we'd have another horse at the head of the pack!

Great job...and I think ths entry is fair warning that we better be on our toes!

Is Keybrdkid and one other the only ones who baked their own bread? I haven't been following that closely. Keybrdkid's entry ROCKED! I didn't get the ethnic part of it. If I missed that I'm sorry, I would have voted for you, dude!

Crock pot meat, the veggie thang, baked bread....yea, baby!

The 'Kid rocked it, and I hope to see him again in future TDs. Good Job!

dts,,,kiss my ass! that shizzle was awesome i would eat two of that. big props ! i didnt enter because you squares would have no idea what a spiedie is and even after preping for a week yall would have said " wtf you just threw some pork on a hot dog roll" phff phff!

oooh by the way t.b. if you didnt have that stupid raw onion on your sammy i would have voted for you!

i like it raw ooh baby i like it raw

you can call me dirty then lift up your skirt :dance:

I gotta stand up for my buddy TB here. You guys are WAY too focused on the couple slices of onion. Did you see that brisket? I don't know if Kreutz' themselves could make it that juicy with bark like that. I mean that stuff looks perfect! C'mon about the onion. You could take it off you know?

oooh by the way t.b. if you didnt have that stupid raw onion on your sammy i would have voted for you!

i like it raw ooh baby i like it raw

you can call me dirty then lift up your skirt :dance:

I used your powders in my torta you traterous bastage!

I gotta stand up for my buddy TB here. You guys are WAY too focused on the couple slices of onion. Did you see that brisket? I don't know if Kreutz' themselves could make it that juicy with bark like that. I mean that stuff looks perfect! C'mon about the onion. You could take it off you know?

Looked overcooked to me. :whistle:

(why no, not bitter in the slightest, why do you ask?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back