• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Ethnic/Regional Sandwich II

VOTE!

• SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33306-begin-ethnicregional-sandwich-ii/page__

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TB, you went to HS in the Rio Grande Valley... any six man ball played there? I know most Texans consider it sacrilegious but I quite like it. Very fast, those kids are in great shape, especially at the smaller schools (under 50 kids) where the best players play Iron Man.

TB, you went to HS in the Rio Grande Valley... any six man ball played there? I know most Texans consider it sacrilegious but I quite like it. Very fast, those kids are in great shape, especially at the smaller schools (under 50 kids) where the best players play Iron Man.

No such 'thang there.

Its all 12 man.

I played football in 11th grade.

I sucked and thus ended my football aspirations.

The next year the school went state.

With no offense to anyone, the chip butty was the least interesting/appetizing of these entries.

French fry sammich - potatoes on bread - just no appeal to me at all. I just didn't get it and I didn't think it took the effort of the other entries.

Again - no offense, but I'd rather see blurrier images of tastier food. :rofl:

I teach at a 6A (2,000+) kids here in a suburb of Toronto and the Principal & AD decided to fold their football program. Can you imagine the uproar that would cause if a 6A school in Texas did that?

I jut tied it up for DTS - damn good looking sammich DTS. I'd love to eat that - looks like a burrito wet style but in sammich form.

Yum. Well done sir - in my opinion it went 1. DTS, 2. Geeme, 3. TB, 4. My torta :(

Good job brother!
:cheers:

Ps - the portitalia was a tremendous entry an lovely photography. The flavors just didn't totally work for me - though I'd give it a try!

With no offense to anyone, the chip butty was the least interesting/appetizing of these entries.

French fry sammich - potatoes on bread - just no appeal to me at all. I just didn't get it and I didn't think it took the effort of the other entries.

Again - no offense, but I'd rather see blurrier images of tastier food. :rofl:

No offense taken. It was more for my personal exploration/education... just to see what it was like. I wouldn't vote for the Chip Butty either. Not stacked up against the rest of these sandwiches.

And you're right. That sandwich took very little effort to make, not unlike your blurry images. :P

:D

Everyone votes differently, I vote for what I see and can't pretend something is not there. If this plate was in front of me being judged the onions would be there. But others can vote and say they just imagine it w/o onions. That's fine too. It's preference. I don't like biting into raw white onion. In salads it's okay because it's marinated in dressing, but usually that's red onion. That's about it, other than that, always sauteed for me. Carry on!

Totally understood...but the point I was making...is if you were at TB's casa, you'd say, "hell yeah I want one...hold the onions." For me...I like sauce on the sammie...not on the side. I also layer entire onion discs on mine...and just like TB did...whole pickled japs on the side...bite of sammie...bit of jap...rinse and repeat. I know I've voted for a number of dishes with one single ingredient I wouldn't touch...like sour cream, or avacado.

Again - no offense...

Then why even mention it, bro? I have a feeling if Sum wanted to smoke us on this one...he would have. He made something he wanted to try...

"Blurry pics" is constructive...it says that you likely made a killer meal, and your camera isn't doing it justice. Like a lot of my stuff previously...good entry...shitty pics.

"I just didn't get it and I didn't think it took the effort of the other entries." is not constructive...you're tossing in a subjective analysis of an entry that doesn't assist the entrant in furthering his abilities...the abilities that has him as the current all-time TD leader. So...although it may have been a "lackluster" entry to you personally...singling it out for the comments above really doesn't serve the friendly competition well...and as was also stated above..."if Sum wanted to smoke us on this one...he would have".

Not harping on ya, bro...just want you to get the feel for these TD's, and those of us that have been at them for years for the enjoyment, comradery, and learning.

Your entry was fantastic. I was cursing the monitor for not showing it to me better.

And you're right. That sandwich took very little effort to make, not unlike your blurry images. :P

:rofl:

Then why even mention it, bro? I have a feeling if Sum wanted to smoke us on this one...he would have. He made something he wanted to try...

Because I spoke my mind about it as I did with several other entries. And because Sum's 1st post in here was to rip my pics, I figured of all the people who could handle the criticism it'd be him. And it looks like I was right - he agreed with me. I meant no insult to him personally which is why I said "no insult intended" - the comment was about the dish itself, regardless of who made it.

"Blurry pics" is constructive...it says that you likely made a killer meal, and your camera isn't doing it justice. Like a lot of my stuff previously...good entry...shitty pics.

"I just didn't get it and I didn't think it took the effort of the other entries." is not constructive...you're tossing in a subjective analysis of an entry that doesn't assist the entrant in furthering his abilities...the abilities that has him as the current all-time TD leader. So...although it may have been a "lackluster" entry to you personally...singling it out for the comments above really doesn't serve the friendly competition well...and as was also stated above..."if Sum wanted to smoke us on this one...he would have".

Not harping on ya, bro...just want you to get the feel for these TD's, and those of us that have been at them for years for the enjoyment, comradery, and learning.

Your entry was fantastic. I was cursing the monitor for not showing it to me better.

Reading way too much into it bro. And you absolutely were harping on me, or you wouldnt have felt the need to say that. I am well aware of Sum's mad skillz - I've complimented him on his cooking plenty of times - this is my 5th TD so I'm pretty sure i have the feel for it.

I tried using my "better" camera (over the iPhone) and didn't realize it was on manual focus. By the time I realized it the food was in my belly.

Thanks for your input - I'm sure Sum appreciates your defending him, even if it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for your input - I'm sure Sum appreciates your defending him, even if it wasn't necessary.

I do, but not necessary in this case. I made that sandwich Saturday night fully intending to make something else Sunday, but then got lazy.

On another note, wrap some yarn around your finger on the next TD, LDHS, to remind you about the auto focus function on your camera.

Saugapepper... Conor that sanga made my mouth lube up just looking at it , dam im now hungry and still 4 hours till dinner..

I do, but not necessary in this case. I made that sandwich Saturday night fully intending to make something else Sunday, but then got lazy.

On another note, wrap some yarn around your finger on the next TD, LDHS, to remind you about the auto focus function on your camera.

Could be another use for the silly bands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back