• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Ethnic/Regional Sandwich II

VOTE!

• SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33306-begin-ethnicregional-sandwich-ii/page__

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what a list of Sammies

TB, you did Texas proud and I'll take a good Texas 1015 right along with my Videllia's any day.

DTS Damn man that sammie is a thing of beauty

LB I can tell that is a finger lickin sammich

In the end I had to go with geeme. It's the chutney. i'm going to have to play around with that mint and cilantro combo sometime.

In the end I had to go with geeme. It's the chutney. i'm going to have to play around with that mint and cilantro combo sometime.

Oh heck yea RM! I wonder if green mango would ferment nicely in a rocketman sauce.
Or you could borrow some of Geeme's anti-flatulence powder.
:)
I keep checking her sandwich and the ingredients, so badly want to make something like that, chutneys and such.
But my wife and kids are food-racist.

More votes!

DTS you better vote for self since the leader did.

Or you could borrow some of Geeme's anti-flatulence powder. :)
hehe hehehe!
I keep checking her sandwich and the ingredients, so badly want to make something like that, chutneys and such.
But my wife and kids are food-racist.
Just make it. I sent my son to the grocery store, and he brought back those little plastic containers that have "a bit" of mint and "a bit" of cilantro in them, instead of the bunches I put on the list. I sent him back to get the bunches. After whirling BOTH the bunches and the little plastic containers on liquify in the blender, I opened the lid and peered - down. That stuff liquifies into almost nothing. Well, I only used the leaves and not the stems. Perhaps when I make this again (and I will), I'll keep the stems in there, too, and see if I can live with it or not.
Also, my son is usually a food racist, and he scarfed this stuff down. Double WIN for me!

Also, thanks to all who have voted for me so far - I am honored!

FD having never tasted or seen green mangos its hard for me to say

BUT,

You have intrigued me young Weed Hopper.

g I would be willing to bet that if you added some Tapioca, or Cassava Root which is what Tapioca is made from and what it refers to in India, It would not change the flavor of the chutney any and would give it more consistency and volume. Also as it's a part of Indian cuisine would still be traditional. Just a tought.

You guys are bad..... but you knew that!

Thanks for the tip, RM.
Kind of funny side note.... it amused me, at any rate. Just picked up an email from my friend from India. I had previously asked him to recommend some different cheeses that are common in the U.S. that are like Indian cheeses, and he had responded that cheese isn't common in India, so he wouldn't know. Uh huh. I sent him a link to my sammie. He now responded that he did not previously equate paneer with cheese, but they eat it all the time! LOL.

I just wanted to give a quick shout out and props to one of our newer members, and if I'm not mistaken, a 1st time TD'er; keybrdkido9...You hit the nail on the head with his Italian Beef Giardiniera sammie...

cheesybeef6.jpg

cheesybeef5.jpg

Great method, great colors, the meat, green, red, flecks of seasoning, flaky and chewy bread...the juices running out over the bottom half of the bun...looks outstanding! Melt that cheese, and we'd have another horse at the head of the pack!

Great job...and I think ths entry is fair warning that we better be on our toes!

I had to vote for TB.

Or maybe it was JayT.

Yep, JayT. With the sploogynessess. Good god y'all.

I say Isay BOY! That's some fine lookin vittles.

Everyone kicked it harder than Usain Bolt in the 100m.

Realistically tho, if I aint workin I'm drankin, like right now.
So when I get all drunkgry, chances are the Chip Buddy will be my go to sammy.
C'ept I'll put smoked salmon, or cheese, or salami, or fresh tomatoes,
or ranch dressing on it too, maybe all of it, depends how blurry everything looks at the time.
I'll call it the Chip Hanauer Buddy. (google Chip Hanauer).

:cheers:

I have voted.

I liked to be liking LB's meatball chingaderra.

I do have a couple knocks on it though.

Zucc's to make marinara? And searing the meatball's in a "piping hot" pan with olive oil. That usually is a recipe for smoke everywhere.

Still, it looked awful dadgum guud!

My next favorite was wheebz.

I can only think that if he had taken a more close up pic, it would have gotten heaps more votes.

They were all pretty dang rockin' sammich's though.

Except Sum's.

And Jay's.

Dude.

If only you had taken better pics.

And used about a half gallon more of wiz.

Come see come sah.

Thanks TB...I came up with zucchini thing a while back when I was hard pressed to git rid of one that had been in the fridge. I tossed it in with some home made sketti sauce, and it mushified into the sauce. Turned out to be one of those awesome surprizes...you oughta try it!

Oh...and any time I'm in the kitchen, there's SCHMOKE...and lots of it.

Oh...for those who don't speak Texican..."chingaderra" means "that very lovely thing". Just like "pendejo" means "my very good friend".

There's an olive oil for every occasion...

Smoke Points

Unrefined: 320 F
Extra Virgin: 406 F
Virgin: 420 F
Olive Oil: 438 F
Pomace Oil: 460 F
Extra Light: 468 F

There's an olive oil for every occasion...

Smoke Points

Unrefined: 320 F
Extra Virgin: 406 F
Virgin: 420 F
Olive Oil: 438 F
Pomace Oil: 460 F
Extra Light: 468 F

Of course...and I have every one of those as well and always select the right one for the right temperature instead of just grabbing my greek evoo... :scared:

once again, I got one vote.

and not even a mention by TB.
:(

ah well - at least my 1 vote this time wasn't from myself.

Okay okay I'll comment.

The blurry pics you already know about.

But we also need closer in shots.

We want to see the warts and all on that sammich.

But clearer shots and closer in pics still wouldn't have helped you.

You put the beans and guac etc. in the foreground like you were showcasing those items.

'Specially the 2nd pic, more guac and sheeit than sammich.

What really sealed your fate was that the money shot was also partially blocked by the guac and a chip sticking up.

Lastly, I don't get excited about torta's.

Anything a torta can do, a taco or burrito can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back