• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Vote for my third sauce!

What will FineExampl's next sauce be?

• Asian/Thai sauce

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • A classic habanero sauce

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A taco-house style red sauce

• A hawaiian/tropical hot sauce

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • write-in vote of your choice

• Total voters
You can help me make my decision.

I will be making a 3rd variety of my own homebrew hot sauce in the next month or so.

Asian/Thai sauce: A sauce with traditional and regional Asian and/or Thai ingredients.

A classic habanero sauce with the addition of bhut jolokia heat.

A taco-house style red sauce with a tomato base and de arbol chiles.

A hawaiian/tropical hot sauce with a habanero/serrano base with orange, lemon, pineapple, mango, etc.

write-in vote of your choice

Option 2 looks good to me, but then again... hm.... Maybe it would help me making my mind up if I knew the options. Until then I'll vote for IGG, of course! [click]

These two sound best to me:

Asian/Thai sauce: A sauce with traditional and regional Asian and/or Thai ingredients.

A taco-house style red sauce with a tomato base and de arbol chiles.

Why? I have tried so many Hab sauces I am always happy to try sth different! I couldn't narrow it down to just one but if I had to, I'd vote for the Thai sauce! Go for it and I'll definitely get a bottle of it (if possible). Your last sauce sounded and looked great. I wish I could try it.

it's looking to be an Asian sauce early on. i'll make my final decision once i decide on the bottles to use. i haven't pinned down a veggie to base it on, but the base would not be much of a flavor provider. i could even use something weird like a daikon or some sort of root veg. already confirmed ingredients? Ginger, thai basil (from my own garden), and as many of the dried chiles i can put in there that i got at the Asian market, light soy sauce. No wasabi as i can't stand the stuff, so it'll be a very Chinese/Thai fusion sauce.

Chiliac said:
The vote is clear - go for it and keep us posted! ...and supply some bottles!!! ;)
side poll...

woozies or more expensive fancy bottles. cost of the bottles will factor into the final cost.

side note to that: If anyone can link me to the cheapest bottle supplier, costs will go down.

I'm all about the contents, I like fancy bottles, but if it keeps the price down, go for the cheapos!

I think there is a thread where a cheap and reliable store for bottles gets mentioned! Maybe sbd remembers it!

So my buddy is coming up with a label for me. he wanted ideas. i suggested a militaristic look akin to WWII Germany, not for the Nazi angle, just the military angle. The SS had the best uniforms out of every country IMO. I want a label with a unique look.

Well, he kinda thought i meant i wanted some kind of Nazi or Aryan Brotherhood label. :lol: Oh man. I asked him if he wanted me to come up with an Auschwitz de Arbol sauce, but i have not heard back yet. :)

(not trying to offend anyone, just to laugh at my buddy a little)

Here i was just envisioning a shiny black, red, silver label and he's got me making sauce for the Fuhrer. :)

fineexampl said:
No wasabi as i can't stand the stuff, so it'll be a very Chinese/Thai fusion sauce.
It's harder to get, but ever have REAL wassabi (not that crappy horseradish and food color mix you get the sushi places)....completely different taste.

fineexampl said:
side poll...

woozies or more expensive fancy bottles. cost of the bottles will factor into the final cost.

side note to that: If anyone can link me to the cheapest bottle supplier, costs will go down.
Go with the woozies....cheap is good.

I voted the hawaiian/tropical sauce...those papaya, pawpaw, fruit based sauces the guys down under make are awesome...JMO..

Oh yeah...write in vote for RB

Back