• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Who had the best meal and drink combo?

• BigB - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/page-5#entry12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoynersHotPeppers - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/p

• Ashen - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/page-11#entry

• JoynersHotPeppers - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/p

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Click the links in the poll then the back button. ;)

I understand what she's saying and think it would be just as easy (or hard) to pull n plug the entries to a single thread instead of click, back, click, back.  I usually open in separate tabs and then pare them down in that manner but one thread to scroll up and down would be pretty cool.  

SmokenFire said:
I understand what she's saying and think it would be just as easy (or hard) to pull n plug the entries to a single thread instead of click, back, click, back.  I usually open in separate tabs and then pare them down in that manner but one thread to scroll up and down would be pretty cool.  

I do something similar .   I pull up all entries in separate tabs then slowly go through them left to right with a yes/ no between the first two.   x out the one that is no then compare yes  to the next one, continue  until there is only one left standing. :)

Ended up going with geeme's Sweet and Heat,  Tenderloin looked perfect and the drink was  awesome.   SmokenFire almost had my vote, I love me some homemade gingerale .  

So many awesome entries, actually every entry was brilliant, came down to a few, standouts, bierz, KBK, grant and a few more, but it came down to the sweet piece of pork from Geeme

First WOW we have an amazing group of CHEFS!!!! Everything looked fantastic! Would love to go to an event with all these meals being available!! So CONGRATULATIONS to all!!
I gotta go with Dru aka SmokenFire: That was some end of summer QUALITY Q!!!! Could eat a plate of that every day!!! :) nom nom nom nom nom nom !

And Grant that bloody Mary was the kine braddah!!!!!!! Both Heather and my Mom loved it!! :)

And Heather liked hotstuff's plate as well!! :)

I still can't decide.

I have looked at every entry several times, and i like several equally, but for very different reasons.
I would gladly eat any of them of course, and would even wait in line for good eats like these :drooling:
nope, still can't decide on just 1...

How long do we have to cast our vote ?

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I still can't decide.

I have looked at every entry several times, and i like several equally, but for very different reasons.
I would gladly eat any of them of course, and would even wait in line for good eats like these :drooling:
nope, still can't decide on just 1...

How long do we have to cast our vote ?

4:20 pm PST :high:

Uh, tomorrow

Just spent some time looking through all of the entries.  This was a tough one.  I narrowed it down to my three favorites, Booma's and Chris's surf and turf and SmokenFire's DruBq plate.  In the end I went with the DruBq plate.  It just called out to me more than the surf & turfs.  Kudos to all who entered.

geeme killer drinks and pork, at first I liked the jalapeno but the Asian is amazing too, both have very creative drinks.

Nice smoked jerk over pecan Ozzy and the rice sounds killer. And awesome poppers and drink.

Ashen, the fish sauce ribs and chix with repeated brushings of fish sauce before the maply rub, okay this just sounds awesome. Also a very creative and refreshing drink with yellow watermelon.

There was some really killer stuff and perfect BBQ but there was also some really creative food and drink and I tend to lean that way.

Still looking over of course.

How were those fish sauce ribs and chix by the way?

Also, picture perfect entries from Booma and bierz... I loved the look of bierz's but there was no info on flavors etc. Were those smoked peppers used? And the garlic? Or for another time? What was in the rub? What wood did you use? What was used on the chicken? Etc. Beautiful pics and bark but no idea on flavors. Great entry next time try to take us through the process. Grant too! :P The long list of ingredients with no methods and a pic of a banana in the end, I got lost. For me I like ingredients separated not all in one.

SmokenFire plated up picture perfect and worded perfect BBQ. He took us through every step, and man that is perfection right there.

JHP is up there too with good eats.

Dammit everyone is!

Oh! hotstuff, those sausages and pork. That looks great! But those homemade sausages, yes!

LOL ... I almost didn't post mine in the TD because of having to type up the ingredient list, as it was ...

FWIW - I didn't read SF's verbiage, or anyone else's TBH ...

I just enjoy the pictures, but to each ...
Couldn't get Danielle's vote ...

Danielle always votes for chicken.

SmokenFire said:

I always feel like it's too many words, but at hte same time I also feel like to do it right you have to include every step and method.  I want any/everybody to be able to see it AND make it if they want.   :)

Thats my MAN! droppin' da knowledge, right there.

I woulda voted for ya bro, but CH73 had me with the ribs and rocoto's and especially his drink choices.

grantmichaels said:
LOL ... I almost didn't post mine in the TD because of having to type up the ingredient list, as it was ...

You seem to be at a tentative stage - you want to win, but have other priorities pulling you in other directions. But there are things you can do to help yourself. Like actually begin the process by writing down stuff. I open up TextEdit and keep it open until I'm done, starting with just toying with ideas before a TD technically starts. I modify that file bit by bit as I go along, adding something here, deleting something there. So by the time I'm done planning and prepping, the post is almost good to go - just a copy and paste job as far as the text is concerned. But not, at the same time, especially if I switch gears in the middle of cooking. Still, no rush after eating, and no losing patience with doing the write-up. And yeah, sometimes I'm better at it than other times. Just keep in mind anything you can do in advance, like set out the dishes/glasses you're going to use in the plating pic before you start cooking. Keeping camera and lights handy from the start helps, too. And don't forget your other set of hands - Danielle may be willing to help with the write-up while you cook, for example. Those that cook together and don't kill each other in the process stay together!  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back