• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Oktoberfest Throwdown 2010

Who had the best?

• JayT - Jay T's Bhut-n-Beer Pumpkin Soup and Oktoberfest Braised Oxtail Ragu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • geeme - Oktoberfeist GeeMe Style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You almost had another Aussie vote DTS but matt up north's late entry changed my mind at the last minute. Chillies, mushrooms and prawns have to be my 3 favourite things......

Bastard! Hey I still have about two servings left of the oxtail, do you want one before I eat them? I can bring it in tonight for a price :lol:

hey, LogChief, maybe we can extend the Northwest Posse down to you and make it the WestCoast Posse! :)

you did good! voting not done yet~~~

Thanks SL, might become part of the NW Posse anyway, I interviewed for a promotion :dance: to our NW Regional Office in Portland last week. Then I can become another one of those god damned Californians moving to the NW. We want out of this state. We'll see what happens.

Everything looks awesome, its hard to vote for just one. I may have to get in on one of these, seems like a lot of fun.

Just one question - did mine at least make you laugh, preferably out loud???

(That's worth much more than a vote!)

This was a tough one.
I had to think back to the fundamentals of October beer cooking, and I realized that pretzels and beer are important.
At the end of the day, one pretzel was simply longer than the other, so it got my vote (though I hear it's the thickness that counts).
Went with Weebz and his homebrew. Great job!
I still hope someone votes for Geeme's spicy nipples.

Well, I've narrowed it down to five, so am putting the names in a hat:

DeathToSnails, JoeyK, TexasBlues, LunchBox, MattUpNorth. And ........

Had to go with DTS again, as I am against voting for myself (unless, of course, in a Paulky situation!) Each of these had something I really, really liked about them; it was a very hard choice, and I truly considered them all to be ties for first.

Ties for second on my list go to JayT and SalsaLady. SL, the roast and sides definitely left me salivating. While your custom brats were a wonderful idea, I have to admit I am not a sausage fan - I eat it, but I'd pick many other things before I'd pick sausage. (And admittedly, that's part of why I didn't vote for my own!) JT, the pumpkin soup recipe sounds totally delish, and the oxtail ragu looks like good comfort food. Next time you don't have a bottle, send me your pics, and I'll gladly PS one in for ya!

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back