contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Dag, yo. Grant's right here, man. He tries. Besides, I bet his meat will look pretty good once he uses that magic fire hair dryer thingy on it tomorrow.
Funny thing - I'm changing the screens on the Sz tomorrow. Flames shooting through at present ...
Hybrid Mode 01 said:

And don't forget that oily, shit-your-pants-in-five-minutes fish.
I work from home, still skkrrrd! #escolar

My childhood friend, home visiting his parents, caught the biggest snook either of us have caught yet at their house (where I also go to fish) ...

dbbd9650b4503abf38492a98f6f6cf74.jpg

38"

Hey, I caught that, D3!  Ya know, Scovie is the chairman of that Twisp council promoting fossil fuel cooking for all... have you seen his plastic trash can UDS?

:rofl:

edit- typo spelling "plasic"  :lol:

grantmichaels said:
My childhood friend, home visiting his parents, caught the biggest snook either of us have caught yet at their house (where I also go to fish) ...

dbbd9650b4503abf38492a98f6f6cf74.jpg

38"

that's a nice snook. to bad there is like a 4 inch margin for slot sized fish lol

I'm a couple of weeks late for the island throwdown, so I'll just put this here. Yesterday, my wife and I made a day of exploring the backwaters of the Mighty Mississippi. We brought the (brand new!) grill to roast some brats for lunch on an island. I'm usually a bratwurst purist and scoff at brats with adulterants. But she told me I had to try these jalapeño cheddar links from a local grocery store. So I did.

I can't think of a better setting for an inaugural fire - Memorial Day weekend on an island in a river. Beer, baseball and brats!
IMG_1745_zpsxvgiqb1s.jpg

Oh yeah. And a hammock for Pookie.
IMG_1767_zpsyfzwepf6.jpg

80F, sunny, low humidity, light breeze, shade under the towering silver maples on the island. Best weather ever!
IMG_1757_zps24adwomt.jpg

I roasted the brats on indirect heat with a little apple wood for a while and then broiled them for a bit to finish them off (cuz' we were hungry after canoeing). I saw a few boats cross the stream of heavenly smoke blowing out over the water and I think some of the boaters were looking to see where it was coming from. Too bad. We had the entire island to ourselves and no one knew we were there.
IMG_1752_zpsm5c6kibw.jpg

Look at those big chunks of green jalapeño! 

Real cheddar, too. Not "cheaz". They weren't stingy with the jalapeños, either. It smelled like I was fire roasting peppers along with the brats! They were winners, indeed. 
IMG_1762_zpsxiamvjym.jpg

I hope you appreciate what it took to take this pic. Holding the brat just so in the sunlight with one hand while balancing a tall boy of Cerveza on my knee.
IMG_1761_zpsavqmkvgu.jpg

Stop! Hammocktime.  :cool:    
IMG_1765_zpslmyqt8t3.jpg

Then it was time for a slow float downstream back to the landing. Going with the current makes it easier to sneak up on turtles sunning themselves and watch muskrats going about their business.
IMG_1773_zpsztmuqnyv.jpg

Those two tall boys of Modelo made the boat a bit crooked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back