• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff still headed this way, so I'm holding off on divvying up prizes boxes until the contest is well underway and I can gauge the appropriate number of different prizes - based on participation etc ...

But, you know, there's going to be plenty of stuff again ;) ... fear not!

f8f00999d0c35fed16d976678ea86972.jpg

59e279654a7b24fb8e105ffd1e96c9bb.jpg

Do you want me to send my bottles to you or to the winners.  I am willing to do two boxes, one for first one for second unless you just want me to send the bottles to you and you divvy them up how you want.

I am going completely out of the box for this year's entry.  Believe it or not some things I have NEVER grilled before.  Stay tuned.

JayT said:
Do you want me to send my bottles to you or to the winners.  I am willing to do two boxes, one for first one for second unless you just want me to send the bottles to you and you divvy them up how you want.

I plan to read back through the thread and PM you, Ozzy, HM01, Bumper, and anyone who's offered to help over the next few days ...

The Contest sprawls for like a week, so we'll get an idea how many boxes there should be in total once we get a feel for how many entries there might be ... but especially since I know some folks are going to enter multiples ...

Probably, though, I think it makes sense for me to make a prize box that you've sponsored, and for you to ship direct to the recipient of it ... there's precious little reason to ship glass hot sauce twice, certainly, and I don't need to hear Danielle's complaining a la "you got MOAR hot sauce?" ...

Thanks for helping to make it moar awesomer!

:CHEERS:

JayT said:
I was thinking the same thing.  I can make it one bigger box then and a moar awesomer prize too!

I have to confess that my favorite thing about this is the lack of rules and that it's indeterminate throughout most of it ...

It evolves ... and then delivers.

JayT said:
I'm only doing one entry as I will not have time for a second.  But rest assured it is going to be BIG!  Monday is my only day off in the next seven.  Wait.  This starts tomorrow doesn't it?  I may have to cook tomorrow!  Lay it down to start this thing off.  We'll see.  If not tomorrow, then Monday.

Cool!

No need to stress, there's ~8x days worth of time ...

Last year I let it linger, but I think this year we'll wrap it up and let the grilling-focus transition cleanly over to the Burger Showdown/Throwdown! ...

The voting will take place during that event ...

I suppose that is true, but I think one of the days will be sufficient.  I am pretty confident in my entry if it turns out like in my head.

Son of a bitch, they made it illegal to sell fresh rabbits! Just got back from shopping at the Dutch Market for some not so normal goodies :)

They had 10 UDS out front cooking swine for a fund raising BBQ 

Just called the butcher and ordered an ~6 lb brisket - all this talk of BBQ's got me feeling like doing a brisket cook over the weekend ;)

I think I'll do it some newfangled way, or revert to how I did the 1st one ever, and hit it hard with the apple chips up front ...

Danielle hated that bacon-like brisket, but man was it good ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back