• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I thought the TD was today and got everything I needed, but GM advised me to enter it here instead. Here's my entry:

The Burger: Short Rib Burger with Bacon & Beer Cheese on a Maple Bacon Brioche Donut 
The bun: 24 hour raised Maple Bacon Brioche Donut
The Meats: Two 1/2 # Sous Vide Ground Beef Short Rib burgers cooked in smoky benton's bacon fat, 4 slices of benton's bacon
The cheese: Home made beer cheese with roasted scotch bonnets, sharp cheddar, garlic, red onion, grey poupon, sierra nevada kellerweis, worchteshire, ketchup for acidity 

The Sides: Backyard Potato Crisps with a Poached Egg, Beer Cheese and Applewood/Pecan Smoked Scotch Bonnet Pepper Power 

20160527_184615.jpg

20160527_185548.jpg

20160527_192034.jpg

20160527_192523.jpg

20160527_192702.jpg

20160527_192801.jpg

20160527_193101_001.jpg

20160527_193148.jpg

20160527_200125.jpg

Grass Snake said:
WIsh I could participate but my weber aint gonna cut it. Bought some new grates and they don't fit properly and now the fire is too close to the cooking surface so I ill be watching from the sideline. This contest shows the generosity of the THP community. Good luck to everyone.
Get Ghetto!  use pieces of wire to make hooks to hang the lower rack from the upper rack...put the old rack in, then the new nice smaller rack on top of the old one...stack up pieces of brick to the level needed.....

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-Waterboy-Img-JC2V.gif

:lol:

BigB that's one heck-of-a-burger!  Nice Job!

So, we just post it all up here?  There's no separate thread?  DIdn't plan on this, but there's something in the works that would fit in here....

hint-
10-Free-Smiley-Face-With-Black-Eye.jpg

Yeah ... I thought about making a thread in the Cooking With Fire area, but I didn't want to impose a must use chilis on anyone ...

I just knocked out a batch of beer, and the next weekend activity is brisket and shortribs over here, so I'll be in Contest mode all day tomorrow ...

I have to spread out the goods and take the money shots etc etc ...
BigB said:
For some reason I thought the TD was today and got everything I needed, but GM advised me to enter it here instead. Here's my entry:

The Burger: Short Rib Burger with Bacon & Beer Cheese on a Maple Bacon Brioche Donut 
The bun: 24 hour raised Maple Bacon Brioche Donut
The Meats: Two 1/2 # Sous Vide Ground Beef Short Rib burgers cooked in smoky benton's bacon fat, 4 slices of benton's bacon
The cheese: Home made beer cheese with roasted scotch bonnets, sharp cheddar, garlic, red onion, grey poupon, sierra nevada kellerweis, worchteshire, ketchup for acidity 

The Sides: Backyard Potato Crisps with a Poached Egg, Beer Cheese and Applewood/Pecan Smoked Scotch Bonnet Pepper Power 

20160527_193101_001.jpg

20160527_193148.jpg

20160527_200125.jpg

OMFG I want that ... like, right now too ... I'm as famished as a well-fed motherfucker can be!

Benton's ...

Spicy ...

Beef ...

Donut ...

Salty ...

Sweet ...

It's err'thang ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I am just posting here for fun, do not include me in the comp por favor ;) - I already had to give away stuff...too much inventory! 
You did that last year ... and we got you a box despite it ...

Don't be a PITA, because some folks might win bottles, or jerky, or homebrew kits ;)

I know who already has heat, lol ...
The Hot Pepper said:
How many winners are there in this thing?
JayT won a SS wok last year ...

Wonder if he's seasoned it yet, lol ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back