• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! - Steak - January 2010 Throwdown

Vote for STEAK based on RECIPE and PRESENTATION (disregard internal temp.)

• Novacastrian - Holy 23, The Jordan Would Have Had No Problems

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • ImpyChick - She Got The Bleus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chilehunter - chilehunter's CI Branded Ribeye

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • JayT - JayT's Holiday Steak

• Noshownate - Spicy Sirloin Fillet w/Tarragon Mustard Sauce

• paulky_2000 - Circle-H-Bistro Filet

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Deathtosnails - OMG..It's TWINS with Red Wine Jus, Creamy Mashed 'Taters and Fresh Baked Bread

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • texas blues - TB's Grilled Dry Aged Ribeye w/Bearnaise, Sweet Potato Skins, Swiss Chard

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • frydad4 - Frydad's Coal Steak Habanero Thermidor

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Pepperfreak - Garlic Steak Extravagansa

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, there were a lot of entries!

I still liked the branded steak best! Every single one of you are awesome, though, and one day perhaps I will learn how to cook a steak, properly.

Kudos to Retta for taking pictures and being reporter on the scene, but make sure you tell her that the most important part of the stories is the PEPPERS! :lol:

If this one was only about the peppers, Frydad wins in a landslide! I'd love to have a bite of each and every one of the entries. Nice job everyone.

JayT said:
If this one was only about the peppers, Frydad wins in a landslide! I'd love to have a bite of each and every one of the entries. Nice job everyone.

And to you too sir!!

Celeste,

Retta says thank you! She doesn't like her food as spicy as I do, so her description is also a bit "milder" LOL!! However, I think that even with Stephen King describing my entry....it would have made little difference in the outcome. ;)

I'm happy...people liked what I prepared....and even with the snags.....I had a great time. To me, all of that is what cooking is about.

I had a hard time with this vote, just too much foofoo for steak in my opinion. Personally I like a good steak grilled with just salt and pepper and sometimes Montreal steak seasoning, no sauces or marinades, and usually with a baked potato and salad.
My vote has to go to Deathtosnails because of the great hatch marks and the lack of sauce on the meat. Although we aren't supposed to vote on internal temperature, how can you not love the color of that meat. Marinating in oil sound strange to me but I'm sure it was delicious.

thehotpepper.com said:
Thiis will be judged on recipe (how appealing it is) and presentation (how good it looks)..

Well THP, you make it sound so simple....but it wasn't! All the entries look awesome.

With that being said, Pauly was makin a serious statement. What a wonderful improv and a gorgeous presentation. Then, unfortunately for Paul, PF entered the ring.

"Roasted Garlic Steak with Roasted Garlic Pasta Pesto with vegetable medley"

That should be on a freakin menu! It even SOUNDS good.

Steak, pasta and veggies is VERY appealing to me, and the presentation was awesome. The photo should be on the front of the menu.

I got noseprints on my screen.

Well done Pepperfreak. :onfire:

WOW Everything looks great! Good work everyone. Had to go with FD4's though being in on the shenanigans and hoodwinking foo. I was a bit skeptical of the method, but it really does work well. Hands down the hottest steak I ever had.

Also diggin' the new look THP. Happy new year everyone and here's to another year of great throwdowns.

WOW!!!! DTS that looks great!!!!!!! gave you my vote.

I'm happy I got 2 votes, thanks celeste & ?
all this hardcore foo-foo in the throwdowns I cant compete ::throws towel in::

Good on ya DTS.......Congrats mate.

I actually had a dream last night that I was eating your meal and it tasted so good!!! :rofl:

Sad, I know

:woohoo: Cheers first up to everyone who entered. There are some very talented and creative ppl's here. I'm proud to be a part of that. Cheers to everyone who liked what I did with my entry. This was heaps of fun and kinda nerve wracking at the time.
:cheers: to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back