• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Veggie Burger Throwdown

Who made the best veggie burger?

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mygrassisblue - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/pa

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page__st__

• habaneroheat81 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/p

• LunchBox - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page__s

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baking is part of COOKING LDHS....this is a cooking competition....which includes; grilling, baking, roasting, frying, preserving, raw preperations.....and on and on. Whatever gets the job done.

Don't be salty....you are acting like anything you cook should be the winner. I've entered plenty of these and spent whole days making EVERYTHING from scratch....and still haven't won.

Give this man something to put on his head boss!.....like a Tiara! :hell:

If it was just "Somthing I'm whipping together for dinner" then store bought buns would be fine. But when you're entering a competition, where other people are making awesome home made buns, rolls, croissants and pastry puffs......you are not getting my vote with a store bought potato bun.

Make bread is easy.....especially buns...

LD, I'm not sensitive...you were just complaining as usual and I was correcting you. Veggie Burger's require cooking.....just like that wimpy potato bun....someone cooked that LD.....just not you...lol.

Much love brother. Do your thing. I just vote for people that have taken the time and effort to make some bad ass homemade bread or buns. I mean....I could go to the store and buy a veggie patty. A bun is part of a burger to me. Just my POV. Everyone else can think/vote how they do.

Lol - I wasn't complaining dude. Just throwin down. We all have out opinions - you said you woulda voted for mine except for the bun & I responded. That's conplaining? Sheesh.

XOXO

Word. That bun looked wicked with the egg wash, toasting... and the thyme in there got me too. And habs :fire:

I have a new theory: y'all done fried your taste buds with superhots. The capsaicin done seeped into y'all's brains & damaged the important bits that help you to properly judge foods.
:dance:

(lol)

LDHS...I've been entering these TD's for about a year and a half now...still no crown. It will come (in exactly one week), and perhaps you will get one too someday. But are you going to cry shennanigans for the next year...or pull up your manties and make it happen?

PS: If I had a bottle of LDHS for this weekend's burger...I might win... ;)

Geeme....you stepped waaaaaay outside the box on this one and I give you major props for that. The only thing that stopped me from voting for it was the strawberries....I really didn't think they played the proper roll in the Butternut/pistachio patty and pistachio ice cream. I think using cranberries in some fashion really would have pulled all of those flavors together. Such an awesome entry though!
Thanks! Funny you should say that, though. I had both cranberries and strawberries, but the strawberries won out when I tried each with the other flavors, both in terms of texture, flavor and tartness - they were actually a better choice, IMO. But yeah, you had to try it yourself to appreciate it!

LDHS...I've been entering these TD's for about a year and a half now...still no crown.
Maybe that's God's way of telling you not to cook?

. But are you going to cry shennanigans for the next year...or pull up your manties and make it happen?

Y'all seem to be mistaking "bravado" and "smartassness" for crying shenanigans. I would never accuse anyone of shenanigans. Ok, maybe Scovie. But mostly not! Really just foolin - I truly don't care if I win or not but it's a lot of fun to participate & even more fun to poke fun at y'all, especially if I'm losing and have nothing better to do.

I hope no one is ever offended by it or takes me too seriously - I certainly don't take myself seriously. I'm just here to do two things...win a crown & chew bubblegum...and apparently uh, it's a good thing I brought lots of bubblegum. :dance:

PS: If I had a bottle of LDHS for this weekend's burger...I might win... ;)

And for the low low price of $4.99 we can make that happen tomorrow night when my site launches! :dance:

Had to go with my SoFloBro y'all. I woke up this morning murmuring, picklese... picklese... picklese.

Everyone else... I am glad to see the participation in all of this. Lots of new folks, pushing the envelope.
I would eat all of yours except for those with mushrooms... (I'm with LDHS on that). But that's just my preference.
The enjoyment is truly seeing what y'all come up with...

Awesome food, and even better turnout!

Had to go with my SoFloBro y'all. I woke up this morning murmuring, picklese... picklese... picklese.

I would eat all of yours except for those with mushrooms... (I'm with LDHS on that). But that's just my preference.

Umm Sum's patty was 1/3 shrooms. :lol: Oops.

:)

I'm with ya on Sum's boiger.

Let's keep voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back