• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Veggie Burger Throwdown

Who made the best veggie burger?

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mygrassisblue - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/pa

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page__st__

• habaneroheat81 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/p

• LunchBox - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31407-begin-burger-royale-round-2-veggie/page__s

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote went to muskymojo, like I said it would.
The onion rings put it over thed top for me.
I know critics might say that's supposed to be a side dish,
Like french fries or, say, pineapple.
But I happen to love side dishes on my burger (primanti Bros.).
Great burger, musky.

I really really liked boomas burger too. Really!! wish I had another vote.

And sums first picture is my favorite of the whole throwdown.

Nice job all around. This was a tough one, and I seriously commend all the entrants.

Lots of beans.

I dont think it matters when you vote for yourself so long as you genuinely think you deserve the vote. Seems more skeezy and scheming to wait to vote for oneself.
;)

Besides, not liking mushies and not being that fond of black bean burgers (they give me heartburn) that eliminated a lot of entries. There were two I almost voted for over mine - it was close. :cheers:

The onion rings put it over thed top for me. I know critics might say that's supposed to be a side dish

yep - critics...and restaurant menu writers. But mostly critics. :rofl:

And sums first picture is my favorite of the whole throwdown.

Nice job all around. This was a tough one, and I seriously commend all the entrants.

Werds FD. I wish I didn't feel like it was necessary to cut my burger in half... smushed it down too much by default of the process. Who cuts a burger in half? Seriously

That's it....There are so many great entries, but I went with the trend and voted for my own because all the vegetables came straight out of my own garden, it truely was an all day affair, and it tasted wonderful (the cornbread was not too heavy and added a complimentary flavor to the patty)!

Seriously though..........the creativity displayed in this throwdown was incredible! Serious props to everyone!

LadySic that garden delight has my interest piqued. Looks so healthy and the patty is crispy not some mushball. I can't believe you crammed all of that veg into there including the greens!

Sounds good on corn bread with just L&T, spicy mayo. Yeah I know I thought corn bread was too heavy but it looks good here.

Thanks Boss! I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I won't even pretend I went in on this throwdown with a clue as to what I was doing lol

DTS! Yeah I replied to you. I assumed "Sourdough Cheesy Corn Bread" was corn bread. That's what I get for not reading it all.

I wish I could use a better camera, but I'm all mobile. It saves me more money in the long run. But if the only gripe is pictures and categorizing the ingrediants then I must have done something right.
As a lot of others on here, I had no ideal what I was doing. I ended up working with the salsa ideal first then building around it. It just kinda took the look of a carribean thing that way.overall it was pretty tasty, just missing some meat :) First bite into it it throws you a bit, a real sweet earthy flavor, followed by the zip from the citrus sour cream and ends with a wallup of heat from the peppers and the PE.
I'll check the others intensly and post my pick.........I won't be picking my own :). Very awesome looking burgers overall. Great job guys/gals

Aaron

Wow - this is a toughie! Like LDHS, I too went thru a few years of vegetarianism, and I actually really still like veggie burgers. NOT as a substitution for beef burgers, but because I like the flavors and textures of a good one. Quite a few of those here!!!! For me, texture is key. So anything with finely chopped shrooms got my attention. And cheese! And anything else that lends to the ooze factor! haha

I have it narrowed down to 4 entries...but there's "too much words" for me to read them all, in painstaking detail, this morning. And I've got solid visuals in my head - so I'll see which entries haunt my mind most while I'm working in the wind today! :)

Lucky Dog nailed it for me. It came down to the two "dogs" for my vote. In the end I like a thin patty for veggie goodness and the noodles were an interesting twist. The build looked good, the ingredients looked good, the photography needs work. Good job LD!

I like the acidity of pickled veg... never had picklese but had plenty of banh mi sandwiches... and that's part of what makes it.

Homemade hab-herb bread toasted with melty melty cheese, a crisp patty that is "beany" in the center with shroom meatiness... and the picklese to balance out all the flavors and add some mo' heat. I'd probably add some garlic mayo to the top toasted bun but dual cheese is okay too.

Sum, you were NOT screwed!

gemme, I'll have dessert now.

Everyone did great but some patties appeared too thick and did not look crisped, more like formed beans or veg. I couldn't get with that as much as I tried. Others were close. Sum's looked like a burger with the charred, bumpy exterior, and looked moist in the center, much like a burger also, plus it rocks the flavors... so... I VOTE!

I sooooooooo wanted to vote for myself (because it's so close and anyone can win at this point) I was even thinking of recruiting people so I could have my first crown.....but my MORALS and BETTER JUDGEMENT got the better of me (like they always do these days) I went through and looked at each entry closely. There was no way my burger was the winning burger....I came out better in my mind.

Everyone did such an awesome job. I mean come on! We poured our hearts out into a veggie burger....lol. I loved seeing all of the homemade buns this go around. (more than last week)

Geeme....you stepped waaaaaay outside the box on this one and I give you major props for that. The only thing that stopped me from voting for it was the strawberries....I really didn't think they played the proper roll in the Butternut/pistachio patty and pistachio ice cream. I think using cranberries in some fashion really would have pulled all of those flavors together. Such an awesome entry though!

Musky....you came in a close second for me. I loved the vibrant colors in your patty. It looked delicious. The bun was a great concept, that had me lookin' hard. I thought the onion rings probably brought some needed moisture to the burger. (all the oil would soak in to whatever you took a bite of) This entry is the shizzle dizzle.

SCREW SUM!.....no.....Sum screwed us. You got my vote dude. Everything looked so good. The bun with the cheese showing through and dripping down the side....The picklese brought some tang to the party. That got me feeling like I wanted to chomp the whole thing down in three bites. Great job bro.

LDHS-Dude yours were lookin' damn good too buddy. If you would have made your buns....I am almost positive I would have voted for you. Those flavors you have going on seem like they would explode in your mouth. The dinner rolls just took all of that flare and fizzled it out for me. But non the less an awesome entry.

TB....I almost voted for you just because of the picture.....dude. Don't do that to us guys may'un! I'd make comments but I might get thrown out the forum.......and I needs me a crown first before I go and do somethin' stupid!

Great entries everyone! Can't wait for next week....I'm going to have to learn from these last two and bring something that I can hang a crown on.

(Oh and SL, that bun looked crazy good with all of those nooks n' crannies!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back