• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit 2020

Tagged most of what I'm growing. Plus 1 type of sweet pepper we call the Goat D, a crossed version of primavera jalapeno,shishito,and Purple Thunder.
Need to put everything up to 1 gallon pots. Only using 1 light so far. I have 3 each of the 15 types(some duplicates from different sources)and some backups.

pic upload

My wife hung those there for my daughters bday lol.

I doubt I will add anything this year, maybe these chemical nutes I used last year,idk. I would like to stay organic but that horse poop is a lot of work. I know a kid from my daughter's class has a horse farm, maybe they could load it with their tractor, that would take a lot of the work out of it

Andy ..... I'm only about 65 miles from you .... much closer than Devv.  Please send neighbor  :rolleyes: .  Can send SASE.  Anyone need dandelions?  You pick'em ... we're open! 

I got the push mower going, and my other neighbor mowed the majority of my back yard lol. I raked up some old weed mat yesterday, but the kids wanted to have a nerf war, so I didn't get much done lol. And I made them both cry with precision nerf shots to the face. Then my wife shot me in the eyeball. Good times. I'm about to get cleaned up, and I will post some pics of the plants. Supposed to be a frost warning for tonight.
And Harry D, I think you can make wine out of those dandelions!

Nerf wars are fun[emoji16][emoji106]. My kids did that too, when they were younger. Those nerf disk single shot pistols were my favorite for close quarters. We have frost warnings also and possible snow [emoji2959]. Stay safe [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walchit said:
I got the push mower going, and my other neighbor mowed the majority of my back yard lol. I raked up some old weed mat yesterday, but the kids wanted to have a nerf war, so I didn't get much done lol. And I made them both cry with precision nerf shots to the face. Then my wife shot me in the eyeball. Good times. I'm about to get cleaned up, and I will post some pics of the plants. Supposed to be a frost warning for tonight.
And Harry D, I think you can make wine out of those dandelions!
Damn frost.  Putting my plant out plans on hold.  Most years we're in the ground by now.  The ground is too cold.  They'd be unhappy and just sit there.  It's been tough to harden off too.  Stupid howling winds and hail storms tearing everything up.  

Must be the year of the *&$%@(*)*&$%^$_($#()(&% mower deck belt, eh Andy? I just now came back from the mailbox, it had a couple new $35 MTD belts in it that I ordered for the next two mowings. My Cub chews them up as an afternoon snack.

Good luck with that mower, man.

The grow looks wonderful, though. We went from "Hey, maybe we plant out this weekend!" to "Damned frost!" in a 24 hour stretch. Now we're looking like November for the foreseeable. Freakin' Wuhan, right? 

Totally off topic here:

But, you guys are talking mowers, and my first career was as a fuel and emissions technician. So I be's a little edumacated in that regard. The alcohol in the fuel really Forks them up, as well as any small engine. If you can find alcohol free fuel, use that.

The alcohol is hygroscopic, then algae grows in it, and dies as that brown cack in the carburetor.

Here, Wally World sells it, and I believe the rare Sunoco station does too. No more carb issues, or prime bulbs falling apart, something in ethanol eats them .

Just sayin'

What's this belt issue? Surely there's a fix??

Devv said:
Totally off topic here:

But, you guys are talking mowers, and my first career was as a fuel and emissions technician. So I be's a little edumacated in that regard. The alcohol in the fuel really Forks them up, as well as any small engine. If you can find alcohol free fuel, use that.

The alcohol is hygroscopic, then algae grows in it, and dies as that brown cack in the carburetor.

Here, Wally World sells it, and I believe the rare Sunoco station does too. No more carb issues, or prime bulbs falling apart, something in ethanol eats them .

Just sayin'

What's this belt issue? Surely there's a fix??
Rec 90 gasoline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the gas station here sells ethanol free fuel, or maybe the other kind just has more ethanol, like 10% I think. That's probably why all my small engines have problems. Weed eater didn't last long at all

The belt just slips off this pulley, I know I watched a video where the guy put on a larger pulley. I might take it off and go to the belt shop. I know I was getting it to cooperate by not disengaging the blades and just turning the engine off, then disengaging them and starting the mower again. And I would engage slowly. Now it seems like it wants to blow off no matter what.

Back