• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

MMMMM Mexican foos. Made some chicken fajitas the other day, delicious. I also make a chilli sauce, added that to the fajitas togive it an extra kick, very nice.
Hot sausage with fried potatos tonight, is just myself, my gf and my son eating it so might have to throw a few peppers in there also.

Hole in the wall mexican food taquerias are the best!!
Down in San Diego when I was growing up, there is one on practically every corner...lol
They spoiled me for all other cities in the world!!
Not nice being spoiled by great foodie hot spots ;)

Here they are lacking a bit, but the very best mexi food in town just happens to be out here a mile away in the boondocks :)
Strange I would have thought Casa de Chris was the best place in your area for all food & peppers \o/

in 1 gal containers they will go .. JA habs
Looking good Denniz, can’t wait to see dem podding up ^_^

Okay, dang it! Scott, Ramon, NOT FAIR to mention huevos rancheros . . . YA KILLIN' ME!

Ramon, DANG paella del mar, sin mariscos . . . I still have my big paella pan from Valencia. HOW COULD YOU!!!??? ;) (Lloro :mope:) Looks :drooling:! Gallo Pinto es de puta madre: you brought up the paella, so that phrase is "bitchin'" in Valencia . . . dang--did you use annatto for color with rice?

Paella pan quiver, my 3[sup]rd[/sup] one is MIA :( The larger one is only used outside on the parrilla and the greenie is for our oven, lols. Yes we use annatto too ...
2v0g0hg.jpg

Here's one, you'd dig, I'd love to make it for your family . . . I am slowly but surely packing to move in with y'all! :PMigas. I make sometimes with tostones, left over, but put in last, since not as sturdy as raw cubed potatoes. Also, traditionally red hot peppers are "applied" since is often hangover cure! I need none that as reason. . . migas not great unless ya fixing for ton of people! See ya'll and hot weather soon :rofl:! Because ya killing me, I owe you foodies pics, will make you hurt so good, returning favor. Grrr. Yum! :dance:
Oh, and the pepper babies look excellent, so healthy as well!
You’re welcome for dinner anytime you down our way but we don’t always eat great. I’ve not had Migas, that looks great! When you gonna cook some for me ;) At least take some pics next time you make it, you owe me after not shooting that awesome meal you made for Mami y Papi, lol.
Have a great day and weekend, always great to chat with you muchacha ^_^

MMMMM Mexican foos. Made some chicken fajitas the other day, delicious. I also make a chilli sauce, added that to the fajitas togive it an extra kick, very nice.
Hot sausage with fried potatos tonight, is just myself, my gf and my son eating it so might have to throw a few peppers in there also.
Thanks Rob ^_^ yea chicken fajitas are great, especially when you add fresh pepper to them. Do you have pictures of your fajitas or chili sauce that I could see, link me here or feel free to post pic into my glog. Thanks for commenting and have a great weekend!

Hopefully you can see from this picture how lush my plants are doing. Between the seaweed mulch and spray they’ve started looking great. If you can’t see it, I’ll post more pictures up later as I don’t have time now, hooking up with the MoA king Steve-O (new nick, lol).
2cp3ng8.jpg

As always, thanks everyone for looking, reading and commenting ... have a great weekend \o/

+1 parrilla al aire libre ;)
Es la mejor manera ... best way and it's how the Spaniards do it.
No matter how close you inspect and get rid of all bugs … they always seem to come back another day. Constant inspection and an organic spray does keep the numbers low. I missed these two till I shot the picture, lol. Goes without saying I went back and terminated dem, heheh.

2zget53.jpg

Hey Ramon, you never dissappoint my friend! Just two minutes on your glog I already have drool on my keyboard. Unfortunately I have to read it with one eye closed as I went and stuck my chilli fingers in my left eye. Living proof that an old dog does not learn new tricks :)

Back in post 801, looks like you timed the up-pot perfectly looking at the roots. Everything else is looking awesome! That seaweed tea seems to be a hot ticket at the WalkGood manor.

And your leftovers lunch looked fantastic!

Isn't it funny how you can take a picture, then see something in the pic that you didn't notice when you shot it?

Hey Ramon, you never dissappoint my friend! Just two minutes on your glog I already have drool on my keyboard. Unfortunately I have to read it with one eye closed as I went and stuck my chilli fingers in my left eye. Living proof that an old dog does not learn new tricks :)
Lourens, I post foodies so people can see/read what I do with my pods, glad you enjoy my friend. You’ve got that right about teaching an old dog; you’ll never guess what I burned with my finger last night ROFLMAO. As always thanks for checking mon and have a great weekend ^_^

nice plate of grub. have agreat weekened :dance:
Jason and what about mi plants, dem not chop liver ;) hehehe. Hope all’s going good up your way with this passing front. We’ve already been drenched off and on the last 2 days, it's supposed to stall over us tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for checking mi North FL brethren, good weekend to ya mon!

Back in post 801, looks like you timed the up-pot perfectly looking at the roots. Everything else is looking awesome! That seaweed tea seems to be a hot ticket at the WalkGood manor.

And your leftovers lunch looked fantastic!

Isn't it funny how you can take a picture, then see something in the pic that you didn't notice when you shot it?
Thanks Doc Brent for your positive vibes on up-potting and foodies. You have a solid point about not noticing certain small bugs. Now when I’m close inspecting I’m using my cheaters as I normally don’t use glasses other than reading very small print.

My apologies for two of the pictures turning out blurry but I am out of time with the storms we're having. That said, I will let these pictures speak for themselves. There are four five flowers forming so far \o/

20967v8.jpg

nvwsna.jpg

2rzxu01.jpg

2u5wfvl.jpg

*The first picture above is only meant in jest, if anyone has issues with it please inform me and I will delete it, hehehe
As always, thanks everyone for reading, viewing and commenting … have a great weekend ^_^

Thats awesome Ramon! Get ready for a barrage of 6 petal flowers! You will get high production from this strain.
Thanks brethren ^_^ did you read the MoA letter, hehehe

BTW its raining like piss out of a boot my way! Tornado warnings??!!
Yea raining here off and on, I started collecting rain water for my next seaweed batch, can’t wait to see how good this one turns out. Tornados that scare me are the ones that run along the front lines of hurricanes, the ones we get from storms like are passing now aren’t as bad as our NW brethrens in other states, dem that cause all kinds of havoc, so I’m not worried. BTW we can use some rain ^_^

Lookin' gooood!
Podage is always cool :onfire:
Thanks, these will certainly be special, once I get viable pods I’ll provide some seed to you guys after Annie gets her fair share she asked for ...

That was pretty funny, Ramon. Totally had me at first!
Well it is an official envelope from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture that Steve received the seeds in. I photoshoped out his name & address, well you know the rest, hehe.

And do my eyes deceive me, or do I see a hiding critter in each of those three photos?
I thought the same from the pictures but after close inspects daily I have determined that they’re dried out brown spots but nothing bad. That said, you may have a point on the first plant picture.

One or two of these plants plus the others have had some bug that shows up at night, eats a hole in the leaf and takes off before I can spot it. That one's hard to stop but I don't see any ill effects other than esthetics from it. I’m not too worried about bugs on these as I have been spraying once a week with mineral oil and it seems to be keeping the common bugs that normally pester here away. I also try to check all daily but as you know one or two may get by us but they aren't lasting long here, hehe. Thanks for stopping in checking and comments ^_^

Yeah I just have to stay on top of it consistently
I hear you, this time of year we also have to be consistently observant or you can suffer a big set back. Kind of sucks, would be nice to just have some magic organic spray that you could count on rain or shine. The mineral oil I’m using now works very well but with all the rains we’re getting I have to keep spraying.

Been away working all day so I’m too lazy to try and capture more shots but when I got home I found all 3 MoA’s budding to flower. Plus my Chocolate Scorpion is also budding \o/ I think the White Bhut Jolokia and Red Bhut Jolokia are not far behind, I expect them to be setting flower buds out later this week. Can't wait to see the pods I get from them knowning how great Gregs plants all are ^_^

Thanks for popping by and have a great week ^_^

My Jamaican Habaneros are developing loads of flowers, baby pods and larger green ones. Hope to have a lot in a few months/weeks. One pod has ripened red and I will probably pick it later today, one is better than none, hehe. The brown or black stains you see on the pods and leaves come from an early morning coffee break the way they like it; strong, black & sprayed, hehe.
fn5zwj.jpg

2ahz0wy.jpg

208a6hz.jpg

35b5axf.jpg

MoA flower pods now on all 3 MoA’s :)
2a6308x.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion flower pods starting (below), I can also see them coming on White Bhut but impossible to shoot pictures that small with my cheapo lens.
dylveh.jpg

Cayenne Pepper flower:
24g8vvl.jpg

My non is a Hoya Carnos (wax plant), she is now blooming along 3 different vines. To see pictures of this is nothing compared to seeing the plant live, they are beautiful and extremely cool plants. You can read more about it by clicking here.
206mmqf.jpg

As always, thanks for reading, commenting and stopping by ... would you care for a coffee spray, lol ;)

Back