• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Harvest, micro harvest, it's all good!
Agreed ^_^
I want some of those Matilda the Duck Pepper seeds....LOL!!
Dem hot mon, kick azz, hehehe
Wow man, your glog moves fast! A few days and I'm three pages behind, lol!

Those up-pots look great. Once the roots seek out their new-found soil the plants are going to thank you! Those JA Habs look awesome. Cool shot of the lizard. We have quite a few lizards around here, but nothing that looks tropical like that one. Ours are desert species like the blue-belly and the alligator lizard.

That most recent harvest shot is cool. Had to do a double-take on Matilda the duck, lol. Is that coral that you photographed them on?

Keep up the grow, bro!
Thanks Doc Brent and the micro harvest is shot on a FL live sponge, I believe somehow related to sponge bob ;) I found it while diving one day but I don’t pick them, it was already dead and not attached to the bottom.

I wonder if you could make a lightweight duck-shaped mold to put over a young pepper so that it takes that form as it grows?
That sounds like a very interesting experiment, maybe we should try … WalkGood runs to call his patent attorney ;)

Work from late yesterday, I was too lazy & tired to post last night, fell asleep early, guess I needed the rest. These are the 4 plants from Greg, they too have been shooting up and needed transplanting. Finally one pot to go and I'm done transplanting these and the MoA's.
dq4207.jpg

dbs21t.jpg

(left to right) Chocolate Scorpion & White Bhut
14kig0p.jpg

White Bhut
1675z85.jpg

Bhut Jolokia (red)
ru3ar9.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion (red)
vd226f.jpg

3 in the back row are JA MoA’s (pots green, black & blue). Next row from left to right: Trinidad Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia (Red), Chocolate Scorpion and White Bhut. The 7 in front row are JA Hab's, from looking at this picture can you guess which one has not been drinking the seaweed kool aid, lol.
opmlwi.jpg

VW Beetle ;)
cny1e.jpg

mx0cr5.jpg

I have some other shots if any wana see just post, as always thanks for looking/reading & commenting :)

A total of 6 baby Jamaican Habanero’s up potted
vh9c9x.jpg

35c51j5.jpg

I think these pics are self explanatory, leftovers for lunch; steak, sofrito starter, FL Everglades tomatoes and seafood paella rice minus the seafood, lol. A quick 5 minutes or less to da plate. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
1opo3o.jpg

34647ra.jpg

1fekgm.jpg

y2qo3.jpg

Lunch was yummy, thanks for looking, reading and coments :)

Jeez man I don't check in for a couple days and your glog grows 3 pages! Awesome harvests Ramon. I can't wait to taste some of them Jamaican Habs mon! They have a spectacular color and astounding shape. And the pic of the MoA's in the Radio Flyer was something for a picture frame on the wall man. Totally cool! I guess I have to stop in daily at WalkGood's Glog from now on. The sea weed tea is awesome for them roots eh? Do it for de roots mon! Keep it up Ramon! Putting on a show here bud!

Plants look good great and I always love the foodies!

That line made me chuckle, reminded me of a time we stopped at Micky-D's and my daughters burn-out boyfriend ordered:

"I'll take a cheeseburger, hold the cheese"

Keep em coming!
On a second read I can see how you find it funny as I do too, but it’s the truth. Every time we make seafood paella all that is left over is the Valencia rice cause everyone eats up all the seafood, lol. I find that “hold the cheese” line hilarious, hehehe. I always find a use for anything left over as long as it's not spoiled and if you know me, I rarely let anything spoil :D

Plants look good great and I always love the foodies!

That line made me chuckle, reminded me of a time we stopped at Micky-D's and my daughters burn-out boyfriend ordered:

"I'll take a cheeseburger, hold the cheese"

Keep em coming!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

I used to be the sober driver for my friends.... a lot... The deal was they pay any cover charges, and buy my sodas etc....
I used to order a screwdriver, hold the vodka please......lol

I am glad I already had dinner before I check your glog Ramon!!
Your food pics always make me HUNGRY!! lol

… I used to be the sober driver for my friends.... a lot... The deal was they pay any cover charges, and buy my sodas etc....
I used to order a screwdriver, hold the vodka please......lol
I could see me being a passenger back then, but I’d say “double Añejo rum please,” hehe ...

I am glad I already had dinner before I check your glog Ramon!!
Your food pics always make me HUNGRY!! lol
Thank you, now let’s do some Mexican after reading Annie’s glog, I’m starving, lolz.

On another note, amazing how little 3 whole peppers look after they’re ground up, guess I'll have to do 3 more, hehe
2lny7bm.jpg

Hmmmm, that must be the first time someone made you hungry in your own glog....LOL

Usually it is your food pics making us all starving ;)
Reading about it does the trick for me as well and you did say "just had taquitos and quesadillassay." But I get what you mean, all sorts of great foodie all over this site :) What gets me bad is when I stumble across it unexpectedly, lol.

Edit:
Jeez man I don't check in for a couple days and your glog grows 3 pages! Awesome harvests Ramon.
First off let me apologize for missing your post and not replying earlier and thank you as always for reading and commenting ^_^

I can't wait to taste some of them Jamaican Habs mon! They have a spectacular color and astounding shape.
I hope you like them, definitely one of my favorite tasting peppers. I can’t wait to see yours all full of pods and reading your opinions on their taste, color & shape ^_^

the pic of the MoA's in the Radio Flyer was something for a picture frame on the wall man. Totally cool!
Thank you, if you want an original copy I’d have to shoot another picture for you and upload it into our ftp, allowing you to download it because I deleted the original and I dumb down (reduce resolution, width & height) my pictures for the net. I do this because 1 - Most computer monitors only display a maximum of 72 DPI. 2 - By reducing quality, load times are much faster, especially for others with slow ISP speeds. And 3 - I don’t print pictures off the net.

I guess I have to stop in daily at WalkGood's Glog from now on. The sea weed tea is awesome for them roots eh? Do it for de roots mon! Keep it up Ramon! Putting on a show here bud!
Thank you and again my apologies for my delayed response. Pop in as often as you can ^_^

Hmmmmm, had Mexican food for lunch at this little hole in the wall place. Ate so much I'm still full. They have the best food!
Sounds like it must have been great or you wouldn’t be so full, hehe
Tomorrow morning is huevos rancheros day!
Huevos rancheros are awesome, now you got me thinking about breakfast tomorrow, lol. Have you ever tried Gallo pinto, it’s the bomb … something I make when we have good leftovers from the night before, also an awesome breatfast ^_^

No problem mon! Everyting irie brethren! Respect!
Respect back at ya mon ^_^

Hmmmmm, had Mexican food for lunch at this little hole in the wall place. Ate so much I'm still full. They have the best food!

Tomorrow morning is huevos rancheros day!

Hole in the wall mexican food taquerias are the best!!
Down in San Diego when I was growing up, there is one on practically every corner...lol
They spoiled me for all other cities in the world!!

Here they are lacking a bit, but the very best mexi food in town just happens to be out here a mile away in the boondocks :)

Okay, dang it! Scott, Ramon, NOT FAIR to mention huevos rancheros . . . YA KILLIN' ME!

Ramon, DANG paella del mar, sin mariscos . . . I still have my big paella pan from Valencia. HOW COULD YOU!!!??? ;) (Lloro :mope: ) Looks :drooling:! Gallo Pinto es de puta madre: you brought up the paella, so that phrase is "bitchin'" in Valencia . . . dang :drooling: --did you use annatto for color with rice? :drooling: Here's one, you'd dig, I'd love to make it for your family . . . I am slowly but surely packing to move in with y'all! :P Migas. I make sometimes with tostones, left over, but put in last, since not as sturdy as raw cubed potatoes. Also, traditionally red hot peppers are "applied" since is often hangover cure! I need none that as reason. . . migas not great unless ya fixing for ton of people! See ya'll and hot weather soon :rofl: ! Because ya killing me, I owe you foodies pics, will make you hurt so good, returning favor. Grrr. Yum! :dance:
Oh, and the pepper babies look excellent, so healthy as well!

Back