• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Cayenne's look tasty...and the breakfest pizza sounds very interesting and tempting to make this weekend !

Pizza stone's work great with fresh dough, on the grill or in the oven. I have 2 pizza "rocks".......stones just doesn't sound appropriate here... :shocked:

I'll place a pizza stone on the oven floor and one on the top shelve, crank the oven up to 550 , turn on the convection fan for at least half an hr. Form the dough, dust the peel with semolina and place the pie on the lower pizza stone for 5 minutes, relocate to the top stone to melt the cheese (2 min longer). That's all it takes. I use 3/4" Fibrament stones.....they also work great on the grill.

Fresh deseeded cayenne or dryed flakes taste great on pizza. I grow Kung Pao peppers and Thai Basil for an Asian twist on a pie...

Sorry for the rant...

Yes, and I swear by it :P

Get's the crust crispy, we cook at 450
Nice, I will give one a shot one of these days soon ^_^

I have a pizza stone for my BBQ and I've never used it.

Great pizza tips, BTW.
Why haven't you used it? I learned some tips too ^_^

Hey Ramon, Cayennes look tasty! I bet there's cayenne pepper flake shakers at every booth in WalkGood's Gourmet Cafe!
Thanks Steve didn’t you just start some Cayenne Peppers or just Jalapeños?

Cayenne's look tasty...and the breakfest pizza sounds very interesting and tempting to make this weekend !

Pizza stone's work great with fresh dough, on the grill or in the oven. I have 2 pizza "rocks".......stones just doesn't sound appropriate here... :shocked:

I'll place a pizza stone on the oven floor and one on the top shelve, crank the oven up to 550 , turn on the convection fan for at least half an hr. Form the dough, dust the peel with semolina and place the pie on the lower pizza stone for 5 minutes, relocate to the top stone to melt the cheese (2 min longer). That's all it takes. I use 3/4" Fibrament stones.....they also work great on the grill.

Fresh deseeded cayenne or dryed flakes taste great on pizza. I grow Kung Pao peppers and Thai Basil for an Asian twist on a pie...

Sorry for the rant...
Now I definitely need to buy one and try … thanks for the nice comment on Cayenne’s & breakfast pizza … they’re definitely fun to make and eat ^_^

Chocolate Scorpion has over 15 flower buds and from the looks of it more will be coming. I have a feeling this one’s going to produce a ton of pods this season \o/
xd840l.jpg

Jamaican MoA stalk & #2 pencil
2iopig.jpg

I look at the Jamaican MoAs a few times a day, this flower just started opening a few minutes before this picture (2:02 PM EST) as it was shut tight this morning and various other times I’ve looked today. Looks like the first one will be 6 pedals
21ohgi.jpg

Thanks for looking and reading, have a great week ....

things be looking good mon.

still havent got any rain up here.
You just mentioned it and now it’s raining here but we do need it today as it’s been dry now for a few days and pots are light.

where the hell is this pizza everyone is talking about
Was a conversation we were having about a breakfast pizza we make with our kids, the conversation started in post #815 Click Here to read if you wish. Back before we were married some 18 years ago my wife and I started making them while we were still dating. That said, I’ve never taken pictures of it or posted it yet but based on Greg’s response he might beat me to it, hehe.

Made some last night and just posted the foodie..really good stuff! Once I have peppers I intend on adding them :D
Awesome, I love to eat Stromboli, been long time since I had one .. think I’ll have to give dat Devv/Scott recipe a go, thanks for sharing it ^_^

wow ... thats some serious wood ahem ... stem... :D

cheers, Al
ROFLMAO … on a more serious note the plant growth is impressive as it’s only around 14 inches high and strong as dem big ones. On another funny note, I didn't even have to harden it off, lolz ...

Awesome pics! Congrats on all the flowers! 6 petals on the MoA flower is consistant with mine.
Thanks, I be keeping a close eye on them and possibly will need to transplant to final pots soon, so I’m not sure dem stick if I do dat, but the needs of the few far out weigh the many in this case, hehe.

Looks like you're gunna have a warchest of chocolate scorps!
So there’s no need for you to grow it as you can always have many a mi pods ^_^ But I have more seed if you are interested, lolz.

I had to look stromboli up ... interesting ... down here its called Calzone ... need to ask some italian friend why they have so many different names for this type of pizza .... (inquiring mind needs to know :D)
IMO there is a good description here. While all the ingreadients can be the same, the calzone is for dipping in sauce and the stromboli is not. But IMHO the ingredients for either a calzone or stromboli are at the discretion of the chef, he da boss mon, lolz.

Chocolate Scorps and MoAs FTW! Awesome Ramon!
Thanks Jamison :)

Looking great, as usual, Ramon. Serious stemmage!
Thanks Doc Brent these seeds are some serious Scotch Bonnets, can’t wait to see the SuperMon pods they’ll produce for me, Steve's are looking super IMHO ...

You got you some nice stems Ramon! I am jealous of all these MOAs going around! Can't wait to see the pods all grow'd up!
No need for jealousy ;) you gotz a killer grow going and loads of beautiful pods this year. Besides there will soon be enough seeds to send you and Doc, you guys want on the list?

Back